The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expect The Unexpected Stardate 2259. 122

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Expect The Unexpected Stardate 2259. 122 Empty Expect The Unexpected Stardate 2259. 122

Post by Conleth Fri May 29, 2020 8:41 am

The Enterprise had remained at Warp 5 for several days. And it would take several more days at their present heading to reach what Scarlett thinks might be a Stellar Nursery. A nebula in which multiple stars are being formed. It wasn’t a Minshara Class Planet but it was something most in Starfleet never saw in their lifetime.

Kal and Fiona were on a break and they had finally been able to meet together in the Officers Mess for Tea. Kal remembered how she took her tea and when she arrived, it was there waiting for her with a small tray of biscuits that he recalled she liked from the time they spent together as children. He stood when he saw her coming toward him and he smiled at her.

“You changed your hair,” he said as they hugged. It was a brief thing but it was filled with the warmth of friendship. He waited for her to sit down then sat down in his chair. “I had Chef make a batch of those,” Kal said. “I remembered they used to be your favorite...It’s ok if they aren’t anymore,” Kal said. “5 days of just traveling...Back on the Defiant, we had a few long stints like this but not many. I feel like I’m doing nothing, just staring at my panels and indicators,” Kal said.

Sofia was detecting a power fluctuation in the Starboard Nacelle. It wasn’t serious but she and Scotty have been getting reports of replicator malfunctions and other systems that were fine one moment, not working properly the next, then fine again. Kirk and Amara were alone in the Captain’s dining room. He knew Amara was starving and the Chef had made some White Chili for tonight’s main meal. He asked them if they wanted to try it, it was a new recipe and Kirk said they would. There was a small Repilcator in the Captain’s Dining Room and he went up to it to get her the sparkling water she liked. However when the beverage materialized, it was a glass filled with a black-like sludge. Kirk looked at Amara and showed her the glass. He gestured as if to offer it to her and she looked at him as if to say, ‘You gotta be kidding’. He moved up to the intercom.

“Scotty,” Kirk said into the intercom. Just saying that tagged the intercoms in the engineering bays. Scotty heard the Captain’s voice in the one closest to him and Sofia was nearby and looked up. “Yes Captain?” Scotty said. “Is there...a problem with the replicators?” Kirk asked. “We’re havin a minor problem with the power grid Captain, We’ll ave it sorted out straight away,” Scotty said. “It seems odd for a ship just 5 days out of Space Dock, doesn’t it?” Kirk asked with a grin. He was teasing him a little. Scotty sighed. “Aye Captain, it is, we’re lookin into it, Scotty out,” Scotty said and gave a withering look at Sofia.

Scarlett was also having glitches happen in the sensor array. And Life Support had gone offline on the bridge for 12 seconds. She was trying to figure out what could be causing it, but so far she had nothing.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Expect The Unexpected Stardate 2259. 122 Empty Re: Expect The Unexpected Stardate 2259. 122

Post by XslvrstarX Fri May 29, 2020 9:12 am

Fiona and Kal had finally gotten a chance to have some tea together again. They had just gotten off duty and she had gone to change before meeting him in the Officer's Mess. When she arrived, she noticed that he had already gotten her tea and had remembered how she liked it. Not only that, but she noticed the biscuits and a warm smile spread across her face. "No, they're still my favorite. I just can't believe you remembered," she said as she picked up a biscuit. She nodded a little when Kal mentioned just staring at his panel and indicators for the past 5 days. "I know how you feel. However, seeing a nebula will be really interesting."

Amara had enjoyed their time spent at the Yorktown Station (apart from the fact that she almost died), but she was glad to be back onboard the ship and on a mission. She, like James, needed adventure and the promise of discovery. They were heading towards a nebula, but for 5 days they had been at Warp. It was not exactly exciting during the day, but James and Amara kept themselves occupied in their private time. Although they were still grieving the fact that Amara would never be able to conceive, knowing that she couldn't get pregnant had also been rather...freeing for them. They didn't have to use any form of birth control and their nights were quite passionate as they showed one another just how much they loved each other. 

That evening though, James had suggested that they dine in the Captain's dining room. Amara was quite hungry. Whatever Section 31 had done to her, it seemed like they had increased her metabolism as well. Spock and Scarlett wanted to run more tests on Amara to try and figure out all that they had done to her, but they hadn't gotten a time yet to do it. The White Chili smelled amazing, but as James got up to go get her some sparkling water from the replicator, the glass materialized with a black sludge in it. Amara found it fascinating, but wasn't about to drink it. As James was speaking to Scotty, she stood up and walked over and took the glass from him. She looked at it more closely.

Sofia heard Kirk contact Scotty and she looked up from where she was working on the power grid and sighed when she heard what Kirk was saying about the replicators. She gave a little shrug after she saw his look. "We triple checked everything before we left the Space Dock. I just don't get it."

Scarlett and Spock were still up on the Bridge working on a few things...or at least trying to. Scarlett was experiencing some glitches in the sensor array and Life Support had temporarily gone offline on the bridge. Then, she noticed something else. "Spock, come over here and look at this," she told him. "There's something distorting the Warp Field."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Expect The Unexpected Stardate 2259. 122 Empty Re: Expect The Unexpected Stardate 2259. 122

Post by Conleth Fri May 29, 2020 9:40 am

Being married to Amara was like a dream. They almost never argued, Amara was very easy going as was Kirk, they liked alot of the same things and their bodies seemed to just...fit, when they made love. Something they were very good at. They made one another feel wonderful. Amara knew what Kirk needed and Kirk knew what Amara needed. When they were on the bridge, they were all business but once they were inside their quarters, they were two completely different people. Affectionate and attentive and like their last breakfast on the station, Amara found new ways to keep things fresh and new between them. Last night she had been demanding and tied his hands behind his back. That had actually been quite nice. He still thought about the things she did to him and he knew...he hoped, they’d do that again. He liked her taking the initiative when it came to sex. He had to be the one to call the shots all day, every day and having the reverse happen sometimes, was a god send.

Kirk handed her the glass. It was a thick, black sludge. It had no odor and when she dipped a finger to touch it, it felt oily, like some kind of lubricant. The replicator simply reorganized the molecules incorrectly. A lapse in power during the materialization could have easily caused that.

-----------

“I think it’s a faulty injector!” Scotty barked. “Pfft, there’s nothing wrong with the injector’s, it’s got to be something with those dicey conduits on deck 10!” Sofia barked right back. “Are ye daft woman? I installed those meself!” Scotty said. Keenser was nearby listening and his head pivoted back and forth like he was watching a tennis match.

“I installed them!” Keenser interjected. “Shut it!” Scotty said and noticed where Keenser was. “Get down!” He said warningly. Just as several of the Plasma manifolds caught fire. Once they saw that, everyone sprung into action.

----------

Spock came over and leaned over Scarlett’s shoulder. He felt her ‘touch’ his forearm as he rested it on her console but he acted as if he hadn’t noticed. She knew he did though. Spock was still getting over what had happened. There...hadn’t been alot of sex going on between them. Spock was meditating for hours every night before he turned in. By then, Scarlett was fast asleep and in the morning, it was a mad dash to get onto the bridge.

“I see it but I am unaware of anything that could cause it,” Spock said. There was an odd distortion between their Warp Nacelles. A fairly sizable one.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri May 29, 2020 9:57 am

Amara sniffed the glass, but there was no odor. She dipped a finger in to touch it and found it felt oily and slippery against her skin. James had grabbed a napkin for her to wipe her finger off with. "That's...interesting," she said and then put the glass aside. "I think I'll just stick with the chili."

------------------------

Sofia and Scotty had already worked up quite the reputation. Not only for being brilliant engineers, but for their arguments. Some people would make up excuses to go down there just to listen to them. They bickered like an old married couple. Even Kirk had once gone down there just to listen to them. However, it was also clear to anyone who spent any time with them how much they cared about each other. The way Scotty would look at Sofia as she worked was enough to tell anyone that. 

Sofia opened her mouth to continue the argument when suddenly several of the Plasma manifolds caught fire. She quickly grabbed Keenser and helped him down and then grabbed an extinguisher.

-------------------------

Ever since the mind meld with her brother, Spock had been a little more distant. At one time, they were having sex every night, but in the past five days they had only had sex once. Spock spent his evenings meditating for hours. Scarlett had her PhD work that she was doing and by the time Spock would finally come to bed, she was asleep. Scarlett didn't complain though. Whatever Spock needed to do in order to heal himself after what had happened was fine with her. However, as he moved over to her console and rested his arm against it, she shifted slightly and her arm brushed up against his. She needed some kind of contact with him and if this was all she was going to get for a while she would make it work.

Scarlett tried to get readings on the distortion, but was unable to. "Do you think we should contact the Captain?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri May 29, 2020 10:28 am

Spock contacted the Captain. “Captain, Scarlett is detecting a disruption of our Warp Field, it might have something to do with these recent malfunctions,” Spock said. Kirk thought about that a moment. “Ok, keep monitoring the problem, Kirk out…”Scotty,” Kirk said into the intercom. Scotty came over to it with a small extinguisher in his hand. “I’m a little busy Captain, we’ve had a small fire in main engineering,” he said. “Scotty, don’t you think it’s time to take the Warp Drive offline and fix the problem?” Kirk asked. He heard Scotty sigh in exasperation. This was precisely what he ‘didn’t want to have to do but he knew Kirk was right. “I, sir,” he said. Kirk saw Amara get up and he sighed.

“Never a dull moment,” he said as he gave her a kiss and squeezed her butt playfully. He felt her mouth turn up into a grin as he led them out.

-----------

On the bridge Elyse, Fiona and Kal returned and those in their seats got up and exited the bridge. Scarlett showed Kirk the distortion. Scotty sent Sofia up to the bridge so she could coordinate with other engineering departments more efficiently. And even that had been a small battle. ‘Why should she have to be pulled from the Engine Room when Scotty could do it?’ His stern look and harsh words made her smile as she got into the turbolift. She loved it when Scotty got bossy like that.

She stepped onto the bridge to see Kirk over at the Science station. No one really looked at her except Kal and he smiled at her and she saw him checking her out as she walked across his field of vision. Kal felt Elyse poke him in the ribs from his right. He looked over at her and saw her giving him a hard look. “Ow, what!?” He murmured and rubbed his side. Sofia sat at the Engineering console and began to go through the list of issues and begin to allocate crew to fix them.

----------

Kirk rotated the sensor boom 90 degrees and tilted his head. “Spock, what would releasing drive plasma do to the Warp Nacelles?” Kirk asked. “Since we’re out of Warp Captain, nothing. They have an Isotope enriched alloy that should protect them if the plasma is accidentally ignited,” Spock said.

“Amara, rotate the view camera aft please,” Kirk said. When she did the distortion was more obvious. They all looked at it for a moment. “Sofia, purge the starboard plasma manifold,” Kirk said. Sofia turned and stopped what she was doing. “Captain, that is not a recommended operation,” she told him. Kirk just smiled. “Go ahead Lieutenant,” Kirk said and she sighed and turned back to her console. She activated the appropriate exterior hatch and just did a light purge. There was a brief, green flash as the plasma was ignited. Kirk looked at Amara. “Did you get that? Can we play it back?” Kirk asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri May 29, 2020 10:44 am

Elyse and Leonard had been having an intimate moment in his office in sickbay. Nothing beyond kissing, but it had been a lot of kissing and some touching. They were still very much in the Honeymoon phase and they had a difficult time keeping their hands off of each other when they were around one another. Elyse sighed when she heard her communicator go off. However, when she learned what was going on she knew she needed to get up to the Bridge. Leonard was technically off duty and he decided to go up with her. There was a little more kissing in the turbolift, but they stopped just before it reached the Bridge. They both stepped out and Elyse walked over to her station. 

Amara and James were already there and Amara was at her station in case James needed her to do something. Scarlett showed Kirk the distortion she had detected just as Sofia walked onto the Bridge. She saw Kirk with Scarlett and Spock at the Science Station and she walked over to Engineering. She began to go through the issues, which was longer than she wanted it to be, and began to allocate crew to go fix them. However, when she heard what Kirk wanted her to do she stopped and turned and addressed him. She didn't like doing it, but since he was the Captain she had no choice and she activated the exterior hatch and lightly purged the starboard plasma manifold. 

Amara looked over at James and nodded when he asked if they had gotten the brief, green flash that had occurred when the plasma was ignited. "Yes, Captain," she said and then played it back. She was able to slow the playback down as well.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri May 29, 2020 11:05 am

"Right there!" Kirk said. "Play it back again, ok stop...just after the flashpoint," Kirk said and Amara went frame by frame. There, in the middle of the flashpoint was the white silhouette of a cloaked ship. It was unlike any design they had ever seen before. Kirk and everyone else studied it for a moment.

"What do you think?" Kirk said and opened the question to everyone. The ship has just been there and if the distortion was the cause of their glitches, which it likely was, they had been there for quite sometime like an invisible hitchhiker.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri May 29, 2020 11:11 am

Amara slowed the playback down to a frame by frame. Everyone had gathered around to look at it. Scarlett blinked when she saw in the middle of the flashpoint the white silhouette of a cloaked ship. Amara looked at James. "Well, we know that Romulans use cloaking technology, but I've never seen a Romulan ship that looked like that. I could try to make contact...."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri May 29, 2020 11:38 am

"Open a channel," Kirk asked. But as soon as they did, a very robotic voice came on. "Earth Vessel, we mean you no harm. Our We are experiencing, engine trouble and are...just trying to get home," they said. Amara was trying to get the UT to lock on to their syntax.

"Apparently, they've been monitoring us," Spock said. "Alien vessel, if you decloak, we might be able to assist you," Kirk said. After a moment, the ship did. Scarlett detected about 42 aliens aboard and their sensors had nothing like them in their database. This was a completely new species. And they are warp capable. "We have...complied to your request. We repeat, we mean you no harm," they said. Amara was very good at what she did. Working with the UT now was like childs play. She knew right what to do and using the UT, it understood their language. Once again Spock was over Scarlett's shoulder.

"Captain, it appears their warp coils are out of alignment. Judging by their design, I think we have something similar. However, I doubt their engineers could install it. I'm detecting a breathable atmosphere," Spock said. "The atmosphere is breathable Spock, but the pressure is all wrong. I could inoculate whomever goes but they'd need to pressurize their body to their ship and the process will need to be reversed upon their return," McCoy said.

After talking with them a while, they learned that they are a race called Xyrillian. Their homeworld is called Thera. It had been decided that Sofia would go over to their ship to install the necessary parts though that argument had nearly come to blows. Scotty relented eventually though it took Sofia promising a few very naughty things to get this opportunity. It was rare that an Engineer did a first contact and this is what that was.

Down in sickbay McCoy gave Sofia a hypo. "I passed along our food and water requirements and they've told me that they've done this many times before with other races," McCoy said. Kirk was there with them in sickbay with Amara. "Remember Sofia, 3 days, 14 hours to pressurize there, 14 hours back. You'll need to complete repairs in the remaining time," Kirk said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri May 29, 2020 11:53 am

Amara could not speak their language, but she had the UT down like no one else in Starfleet and within moments she had it understanding their language so they could communicate properly. Sofia was thrilled that she was going to be going over to the alien ship to help repair their warp drive. The species was completely new to the Federation and Scarlett and Spock were taking down necessary details to put into an official report. Sofia was taken to sickbay and while Dr. McCoy gave her a hypo she listened closely to Kirk and nodded. She was confident she could get it done. 

A moment later Scotty appeared and Amara smiled and nudged Kirk and motioned with her head for them to leave and give them a moment. McCoy also left and Sofia gave Scotty a little smile. "I'm going to be fine."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri May 29, 2020 11:59 am

"They always say that before something bad happens lass," Scotty said. He was trying not to sound so worried and he guessed why they were suddenly alone. Sofia sat on one of the beds and Scotty was next to her but standing. "I've never had so much as now Sofia. Please be careful and work quickly," Scotty said and then he couldn't stop himself. He shifted up to her and kissed her. Gently at first and he tried to pull back but Sofia's arms enveloped his neck and she kissed him properly for a goodbye. "Lass...I," Scotty began. "Don't say it!" Sofia said with a finger over his lips.

"You just remember that I expect full payment upon your return," Scotty said in a defiant and demanding tone.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri May 29, 2020 12:06 pm

Sofia knew that there were always risks, but there were risks with everything. One couldn't just go through life not taking any risks because then they would just remain stuck in the same place. Sofia was confident in her abilities to help these aliens and she was excited at the possibility of first contact. This was an opportunity she just couldn't pass up. Sofia smiled at Scotty's demand.

"Take care of Keenser and make sure he doesn't get into trouble."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri May 29, 2020 12:21 pm

"I'm an Engineer, not a babysitter!" Scotty said and that's where he noticed Keenser right there watching them with his arms crossed over his chest. He was shaking his head again. The little guy was just always there!

Scotty gave Sofia a PADD filled with novels and several Engineering manuals that she had requested. He, Kirk, McCoy and Amara were there at the airlock to see her off. In the airlock there wasn't a tone of space, maybe enough room for 8 people. It would be 14 hours to compress just to be able to not explode when she stepped onto the Xyrillian vessel. They still had never seen them. Were they tall or short, big or small, flesh like they were or...something else? She wasn't certain.

After the 14 hours was up they contacted her.

"Lieutenant Vasquez, My name is Trena'L, I command this vessel," he said as he unlatched the airlock. The moment she stepped inside it was very loud like every sound was amplified. The increased pressure instantly made her feel claustrophobic and the lights on the ship irritated her eyes. "I'm...Trena'L and this is my engineer, Ah'len," He aid but their words sounded slow and delayed and her head was pounding from the noise.

Xyrillians had silvery scales instead of flesh and they wore green uniforms. They had bright, yellow eyes that resembled a reptiles eyes but they looked gentle, not predatory. Their scales were actually quite beautiful and Ah'len smiled when he saw her. "Please, come with me, I'll...take you...to the engine...room," he said though Sofia was feeling worse by the minute.

"I really suggest...that you rest for a while first," Trena'L said But Sofia knew she had alot of work to do.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri May 29, 2020 12:33 pm

Spending 14 hours alone in an airlock was not the most pleasant thing, but it was absolutely necessary. Sofia, like Scotty, was very much the kind of personality that needed to be doing things all the time so just sitting there with little more than an PADD was not great. However, she did have her communicator and she and Scotty were able to talk back and forth.

When the 14 hours was up, she knew she had a total of 44 hours to get the work done before she would need to go through 14 more hours of depressurization. She had an alarm set at different intervals because she tended to get so into her work that she could easily lose track of the time. Amara had given her a UT device to help her understand the aliens. The moment she stepped into the vessel she found that she felt extremely strange. Noises seemed amplified and she felt a bit of anxiety from the claustrophobia she started to feel. The aliens themselves were quite interesting to look at. They had silver scales and bright, yellow reptilian eyes. She knew that Scarlett would want as many details as possible so she did her best to pay attention to details as she was introduced to Ah'len, the ship's engineer. Sofia was feeling pretty bad, but she knew she had a lot of work she needed to complete and so she shook her head when Trena'L offered to take her somewhere to rest first. "No, I'll be fine. Thank you though."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri May 29, 2020 12:39 pm

Ah'len took her to their engine room. It wasn't near as big as the enterprise's but their ship was significantly smaller as well. She was on her back on a flat, rolling platform that was just a few inches from the floor. As she began to work though, what was happening was getting worse. Finally she called The Captain.

"Is...anything wrong Sofia?" He asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri May 29, 2020 12:44 pm

Sofia immediately got to work, but as she was laying on her back on a flat, rolling platform she started to feel much worse. She eventually called the Captain and when he got there she looked at him.

"I'm...really not feeling well. I do think maybe I should rest."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri May 29, 2020 12:54 pm

"These people know alot more than we do Sofia. Go ahead, take a nap, then work with them to get those repairs completed," Kirk said.

Ah'Len showed her to her quarters. It wasn't a large space and their beds were odd as well but she was so out of it she barely noticed.

One Hour passes...

When she awoke, it was Ah'Len that woke her. The loud sounds, the bright lights hurting her eyes and the compression sickness was gone and she felt much better.

"You're pupils seem to have changed, is that normal for your species? We've never met humans before," he said. She noticed him looking at her and his eyes drifted over her body but he was polite enough not to ask any embarrassing questions. The ceiling was a silvery, reflective surface and their walls were green with some kind of...plant growing on them. He noticed her looking at them and moved over and plucked one from the wall. This is our food, it grows like this all over the ship," He said. He held a bowl of what appeared to be clear, gelatinous cubes.

"Are you...thirsty? This is the closest thing we have to your water," he said and he sat down next to her. The bed she was on was curved and she was about 45 degrees to the floor. He picked one up with his fingers and moved it up toward her mouth. His actions seemed...sensual in nature but if she stopped him it might offend him.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri May 29, 2020 1:06 pm

Sofia didn't even look around the room she was taken to. She just immediately laid down and closed her eyes. Within seconds she was asleep. An hour later she was awoken by Ah'Len. She found she felt...much better and she knew now that she could properly work. Ah'Len was looking at her and she noticed his eyes drift over her body. It was a good thing that Scotty wasn't there to have seen that. She explained to him that human's pupils could dilate or contact for a number of different reasons. He seemed satisfied with her answer and it was then that she truly looked around the room she was in. She immediately noticed that the walls had some kind of green plant growing all over them. Ah'Len explained to her that it was their food and gave her one of the leaves. Sofia decided to bring it back to the Enterprise to give to Scarlett and Spock. 

Sofia noticed that Ah'Len was hold a bowl of what appeared to be clear, gelatinous cubes. Looking at them made her realize she was thirsty and she was fascinated when he told her it was water...or the closest thing they had to it. He sat down next to her and before she could pick up one of the cubes he did and moved it towards her mouth for her to take from his fingers. Quite a sensual and intimate move, but feared offending him. She was also glad that Scotty wasn't around to see this. He would likely blow a gasket. She opened her mouth and took the cube he gave her. It immediately began to melt from the heat of her mouth and was cooling and quite refreshing.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri May 29, 2020 1:22 pm

When his fingers touched her flesh, there was a tiny, electrical energy displaced from the touch. The sensation wasn't painful and was actually quite pleasant. "Oh...did that...hurt? he asked sweetly. When she said no he continued. Ah'Len gave her a few more cubes and he smiled, obviously happy to have pleased her and satiate her thirst. "I can bring these to the engine room, if you would like?" He said with a smile.

----------

Their engine room was small and now that she had her wits and focus about her, she could work. Ah'Len was on another roller that faced in the opposite direction from hers. He watched her work and asked enough questions in order to be able to do this himself if need be. Ah'Len had proven to be a quick study and they talked how their ships differed on how it organized the dilithium crystal matrix that powered their warp cores. After 8 hours, The replacement coils were install and were heating up.

"It will take a couple of hours for the coils to heat up enough to initialize the warp matrix. Would you come with me? I have something I'd like to show you," he said.

He took her down the hall then up 2 decks. The door opened and revealed a large room with silvery walls, ceiling and floor. Once the door closed it seemed to meld back into the wall and Ah"Len picked up what looked to be some kind of control device that had been on the wall. He hit it and the room suddenly changed. They were looking down from the side of a mountain to a large, vast ocean. She felt the warm breeze and smelled the salt. Ah"Len smiled when Sofia's eyes grew large.

"Ah, so you've seen something like this before?" She said and bent down and picked up some of the soil they were standing on. He handed some to her and it did feel like soil and fluttered in the wind like soil when she tilted her hand.

"Organized photons, sometimes we're away from our homes so long, we get to missing it. These are holograms," he said and smiled. "Ok, don't move," he said and programmed something else.

They were on a small boat in the center of a large lake. They had to sit down as the boat listed slightly when they moved. "We can program whatever we want and we've learned how to minimize the power draw to keep it running for whenever anyone wants to use it," he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri May 29, 2020 1:35 pm

Sofia was happy to get back to work and she answered any questions that Ah'Len had. He was a quick study and she found working with him to be pleasant...however, she did greatly miss Scotty. After 8 hours of work, she was able to get the replacement coils installed and they began to heat up. She knew it would take a while for them to heat up enough to initialize the warp matrix and so she agreed to go with Ah'Len. 

They went up 2 decks and when the doors opened, Sofia found herself in a very large room with silvery walls, ceiling, and floor. When the door closed, it seemed to meld back into the wall and it looked like nothing was there. Ah'Len picked up a control device and Sofia immediately became intrigued. He hit a button and the room suddenly began to change. They were suddenly looking down from the side of a mountain into a large ocean below them. She could actually smell the salt on the breeze. She knew then that this was a hologram. They had had things like this at the Yorktown and being an engineer, Sofia had always been intrigued by them. However, she had never heard of one being on a spaceship before. 

Ah'Len suddenly changed it again and they were on a small boat in the center of a lake. She sat down and smiled as she felt the boat actually rocking from side to side. Ah'Len would be able to see Sophia's mind running a million miles a second. She hadn't been this excited about an idea in a very long time. "I want to build something like this on the Enterprise. Please tell me everything I need to know."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri May 29, 2020 1:52 pm

Ah'Len smiled. "For your help we could give you the schematics. The system is not that difficult to connect to your systems," he said. He liked her enthusiasm and how fast her mind worked. He was curious about something and so he brought up the pad again and he tapped on it.

Suddenly there was a large, square basin filled with small, white crystals of some kind. He grinned when she looked at it with curiosity. "This is a...game we play, would you like to try it? It's not difficult," he said as he set down the control device. Slowly he placed his fingers of both hands into the basin and into the crystals and then looked at her expectantly.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri May 29, 2020 1:59 pm

Sofia was already thinking of all the ways they could use this kind of technology on the ship. Not only for recreational use, but for training purposes as well...she was thinking of Amara and Quinn in particular. She was grateful that Ah'Len was going to give her the schematics. She couldn't wait to talk to Scotty about all of this. 

Ah'Len then changed the room again and there was a large, square basin filled with small, white crystals. Ah'Len explained that it was a game that they would play and then slowly placed his fingers of both hands into the basin and into the crystals. He looked at her and Sofia realized he wanted her to do the same. She stepped up to the basin and did as he had done. She slowly placed her fingers on both hands into the basin. She looked at him to see what to do next.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri May 29, 2020 2:11 pm

"Ok, now, focus, what am I thinking?" He asked. When Sofia's eyes grew wide in surprise he smiled. "No really, just concentrate..." He asked. When she did, to her surprise she knew what he was thinking. "You find me...attractive," she said. Ah'Len smiled and looked suddenly shy. "You like it when people find you attractive," he said. "You're favorite food is...something called Leche Frita? But only your...mother's?" Ah'Len said with a smile then Thela'L came over the speakers.

"Ah'Len, the coils are ready," he said. Ah'Len removed his hands from the crystals and then stood up. When Sofia did he used the pad and made the room go back to its original state. "I really want to thank you for all of your hard work," Ah'Len said and he took her back to the engine room. Together they brought the Warp Core back online.

Thela'L handed her a copy of the schematics for the Holodeck. "We are in your debt Lieutenant Vasquez," he said. "I am not authorized to give you the location of our home world but I believe, once you find us again there will be peace and mutual understanding among our two peoples," he said and it was anothr 14 hours to decompress.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri May 29, 2020 2:24 pm

Sofia and Ah'Len headed back to the engine room and together they were able to bring the Warp Core back online. She was grateful for the schematics for the Holodeck. Sofia bid both Thela'L and Ah'Len goodbye and hoped that maybe one day their two species would find one another again. She moved back into the airlock and had to wait another 14 hours to decompress. While she was waiting, she studied the schematics in great detail. She was tired, but she couldn't sleep. She was just too excited. 

After the 14 hours was over, she was released and once Dr. McCoy cleared her she met with Captain Kirk, Scarlett, Spock, and Elyse to tell them about her experience. Scarlett and Spock were fascinated by the description of what the aliens looked like and she gave them the leaf that was their food for them to study. When she was dismissed it was late and she knew Scotty would be likely asleep, but she didn't care. She hadn't told Kirk yet about the idea for the holodeck. She wanted to have a complete plan in place before presenting that to him. After leaving the Yorktown, Scotty and Sofia had programmed each of their doors to open for the other. Sofia went in and found Scotty in bed. The lights were off and she turned them on.

"Scotty! Scotty! Wake up! I need to talk to you."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri May 29, 2020 2:38 pm

Scotty sat up with a start. "Wha! Whoa, What is it!?" He asked coming out of a sound sleep. He squinted and yawned then stretched. "You're back already? Well, you must have worked quickly then," He said as he sat up then stood. he went and got his robe from the closet and put it on. He yawned again and moved up to the Replicator. "Tea blend 45, hot," he said and got his tea.

"Ok lass, now, tell me everything!" Scotty said as he sipped his tea as she did. She barely took a breath before it was morning and they both had shifts to run. The Xyrillian ship was long gone and Kirk and Spock wanted to debrief her. In the the ready room Kirk, Spock, Scarlet, Elyse and Amara were there besides Sofia. She had brought up the schematics and had them displayed on the large screen. She went through what she told Scotty and Amara was recording everything she said for Scarlett. Spock and Scarlett asked the bulk of questions but after it was done Kirk smiled. Sofia had done well and they made some new friends it seemed.

"Well, I'm not certain you can spare men to build it but there is a Storage room and those 2 smaller quarters that are empty. You can make that whole space into...a Holodeck if you want," Kirk said. "It means extra work for you so I leave it up to you," Kirk said.

That morning Sofia did take time to eat and she was...starving! It was like she hadn't eaten in days and even Scotty was surprised by her appetite. He handed her a PADD. "I've made a tentative schedule. If we overlap these two shifts, we'll have one whole shift to work on the Holodeck. I think we could have the Holo emitter and Photon synthesizer built an installed in under a month," Scotty said. It was an aggressive plan but he thought that they could do it. His brow furled as he watched her shovel in the food.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next