The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Score To Settle

2 posters

Go down

A Score To Settle Empty A Score To Settle

Post by Conleth Thu May 23, 2019 7:29 am

Peter lined up 3 objects on the counter. A large glass, a piece of cheese and a small, metal coaster. The lab was empty save for Serena and himself and he made Serena put on safety glasses. Peter held a clipboard and pen ready to take notes if something notable happened. “Ok, try the cheese first...touch it I mean, don’t eat it,” He joked. He had been trying to raise ehr spirits all morning. Peter loved Serena and he couldn’t stand to see her upset like she had been. “Try and tell me if you feel any different, be as verbose as you can,” He added as he readied himself for whatever came.

Tony set out his tux from the closet. It was still wrapped in plastic and he retrieved his black shoes, his tie, his shirt and his cufflinks. They had a stylized ‘S’ on them for Stark. They had a while yet before they needed to leave but he thought he’d make certain he had everything he needed now so there wouldn't be any scrambling like last time. Isabella hated being late to anything and Tony always seemed to make them tardy if not very late to most events they attended.

Steve put all of his dishes into the dishwasher and was about to go take a shower if Kate was done but he saw a sweaty Natalya and Logan come up from the fitness center. She had a determined look on her face and he paused to ask her if everything was alright. “The charity ball is tonight so you two hold down the fort while we’re gone,” Steve said. Logan only glanced at Natalya.

There was very little known about Ghost and he knew that it would always be that way. After his failed attempt to find Tony Stark’s process to refine vibranium he had been shunned by those that had hired him. The Raxxon Corporation did not like failure and indeed they had sent assassins to take him out for it. One by one he killed Raxxon’s executives and board members and now he had only one more task ahead of him. Killing Tony Stark! Ghost is a master of computers, electronics, security systems and hacking. His battle suit allows him to cloak himself and even phase through walls. He knew there were other Avengers in Stark Tower but he didn’t really care about that. He would Kill Tony Stark and leave the others alive if they left him alone. And if not...not.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

A Score To Settle Empty Re: A Score To Settle

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 23, 2019 7:54 am

Serena had finally gotten dressed and she and Peter had gone to her father's lab to try and experiment more with her new found power. It quite honestly frightened her to think that she could possibly disintegrate anything she touched. She didn't know what exactly was happening in the process and she was glad that Peter was there to help her. She and Peter were scientists and they would take a scientific approach to figuring this out. Peter had a clipboard and was prepared to take notes and there was a small camera set up as well to video what was happening. Serena listened to Peter's instructions and nodded. She reached out and picked up the piece of cheese. Nothing happened and she looked at Peter. "I don't feel any different or feel that anything is happening."

Isabella had her own spacious walk in closet that was basically a small room. It contained all of her clothes, purses, shoes, and jewelry. She was in there for a few moments before walking out with two dresses. One was black, strapless, and had a high cut slit up the side of the right leg. The other was red, and made out of a satin like fabric with a fuller skirt and a low cut v in the front.

"Which one should I wear tonight?"

Natalya heard Logan behind her, but she didn't slow up. She quickly walked back into the kitchen. She spotted Evan sitting at the table with Pharaoh and he looked over at her when she came in. She focused on Steve however. "Why didn't you tell me that the SSB appears to be up to something?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu May 23, 2019 9:41 pm

Steve gave Natalya a level look. “I didn’t wish to burden you with something that doesn’t really involve us. It could be anything that has them moving,” Steve said honestly. “If something significant is happening I’ll let you know Natalya,” Steve assured her.

“Well, the black one is easy access and the material might not wrinkle to badly if its pushed up above your thighs,” Tony said drolly...on purpose. “I appear to be in a good mood tonight, so easy access is important I think,” He said as he looked at the dresses. He did like red though...alot. “But you know I like you in red to,” He added.

“Hmm, nothing at all?” Peter asked and then they waited. “You must have to activate it maybe...try?” He said and they waited some more. She seemed to be trying to concentrate but nothing happened. “Alright, then pick up the glass,” He said in anticipation.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu May 23, 2019 9:52 pm

Natalya still wasn't happy with Steve's answer, but she had no real argument. She sighed and turned and left the kitchen and went back to her room. She went to the bathroom and turned on the shower. She loosened her hair from the braid and undressed. She stepped into the shower and just let the hot water rain down on her. She rested her head against the wall of the shower and closed her eyes as she tried to push back memories of the torturous things the SSB had done to her.

Isabella rolled her eyes, but did smile a little. "We're not having sex in the bathroom again. We almost got caught," she said as she left the black dress out and put away the red one.

Serena wasn't really sure if her power was for all matter, or just a single type. Nor did she know how to activate or control this power. She put the cheese down and picked up the glass. At first, nothing happened, but then the glass began to disintegrate before their eyes. "You see! I told you!"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri May 24, 2019 7:23 am

Peter’s grew large in surprise when he saw the glass disappear. For a few moments there he wasn’t certain that it would. He believed now though and he set down the clipboard and moved back to the video recorder and rolled it back a little.he watched the small screen on the back as he played it over and over.

“So...your not just destroying things. There is no residue left by...what your doing and your not changing the matter,” Peter said completely mystified by what he just saw. His mind raced to search for anything he had seen or heard of that could ever do this.

“Do you feel any different after you destroy the glass than before?” Peter asked.

“You act as if I’m always the aggressor,” Tony said and saw the incredulous look Isabella gave him. “Alright alright maybe I am but around you I can’t help myself, sometimes,” he said and smiled at her. “Well it’s a very nice bathroom,” he said finally and Happy had watched the door.

His expression changed when he thought about Serena. He wondered if they should leave her alone so soon after her stay in the hospital. “Do you think serena will be alright? I mean...should we be leaving her so soon?”

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri May 24, 2019 8:29 am

Serena still wasn’t entirely sure what was happening when these objects disintegrated by her touch. She could tell that Peter wasn’t sure either and that concerned her. “No, I don’t feel any differently than I have been feeling. Although...it’s almost like I could sense when it was about to happen this time. Are you sure we shouldn’t consult Evan now?”

Isabella smiled a little and rolled her eyes before going to pick out some jewelry. As she picked out a necklace and matching bracelet she heard Tony’s question. She stepped out of the closet and looked at him. She walked over and gently placed a loving hand on his cheek. “She’ll be fine. Peter, Natalya, Logan, Evan, and Pharaoh will be here with her. I’m sure she doesn’t want us smothering her.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri May 24, 2019 12:36 pm

Evan laid back in his room reading when he felt...something. As if he needed to be somewhere or he was needed. It was a faint feeling until he focused on it. Ever since he had nearly killed himself by drawing in that much Dark Energy it was like this. And he didn’t want anyone to know how close to death he had come either. His instincts had been right though. Draw it in instead of funnel it through a shadow. That was normally how he did it. He could gather Dark Energy and then, using a shadow, funnel it away. He normally selected a shadow high up into the sky. Satellites moved all over the place up there and in a vacuum, negative energy was completely harmless...usually.

He was thinking about that when he noticed Peter and Serena looking at him. He had left his room and come to Tony Stark’s main laboratory. A massive space with a very high ceiling. He grinned and waved hello to them.

Peter nearly scowled as he saw Evan approach. He didn’t know why but he did not like the man. “Speak of the devil,” Peter mumbled softly for Serena’s ears alone. Evan noticed the camera right away and looked at them. “You two doing something you shouldn’t be?” he asked plainly. He didn’t really know Peter and Serena but he felt he liked them well enough. He didn’t want them to get into trouble if they were doing something they shouldn’t.

“Well besides you she’s all I have,” Tony said softly as he tilted his head and smiled at Isabella. He could remember those years it was only he and Serena. Tough years where he could not get over the loss of his wife.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri May 24, 2019 7:36 pm

Serena could sense Evan’s approach before she even heard him. She saw him walk in and could feel Peter tense up. She didn’t understand what was going on with him. Why was he acting like this?

“We’re trying to figure out why I can now cause things to disintegrate. We’ve been filming the results.”

Isabella looked deeply into her husband’s eyes. “I’m here now. You won’t lose me again. You’re stuck with me,” she said with a grin.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri May 24, 2019 10:38 pm

Evan wasn’t sure what to make of Serena’s claims but he doubted she was not speaking the truth. He observed what they had already recorded and asked about how this new power had manifested. After a length explanation from Serena though he was convinced that the dark energy had ‘changed’ her somehow. Modified her mutation.

“So you use energy from your body to create energy blasts and shields and such. Now you are capable of harvesting objects, do you know if the objects are organic and non-organic or just non-organic?” He asked. “Since there does not appear to be any kind of residue from the disintegration process can we conclude that you are harvesting the matter you destroy?” Evan asked. “Do you know if you can replenish your energy reserves from an outside source?” He said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri May 24, 2019 11:04 pm

Serena didn’t know what to make of her new power. Like Evan, she believed it had come about due to what Doom had done to her. She had been changed, just as she had suspected.

“Well I only just discovered it last night. First, the water glass while you and I were in the kitchen and then my bed. Today, Peter has me try picking up the cheese first, but it didn’t disintegrate. Then, I picked up another water glass and it did. I had to concentrate a little that time. It doesn’t seem to happen randomly like I thought at first. I’m not entirely sure if it’s just organic or non-organic materials, but I suspect it’s just non-organic. I’m honestly not sure if I’m harvesting the matter or not. I think perhaps that’s what is happening but more testing needs to happen. The only outside source I know of where I’m able to replenish my energy reserves is through my suit that my dad created for me.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun May 26, 2019 8:30 am

“Hmm, what if you used your power close to breaking and then we have you try something large?,” Evan suggested. “Like have her just shoot into the sky and use up her reserves?” Peter asked skeptically. “Yes, and then use her power on something big to see if there is a change then,” Evan said. Peter sighed thinking that that was a pretty good idea. He still didn’t like that it came from Evan though. He could not like the man. “Serena, you up for this?” Peter asked. Evan looked at Serena. “Well, we can test this in this lab,” Evan said and folded his hands behind his back and smirked a knowing smile. Peter’s eyebrows drew up at that in obvious concern to whatever the man had thought about just then. This was ‘his’ Serena that they were discussing. The love of his life.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun May 26, 2019 8:45 am

Serena listened to Evan’s idea and thought that it sounded like it might work. She wanted to figure out what was going on and she feared that her parent’s would just get upset if she talked to them about this before really understanding and being able to explain what was happening to her. “Yes, I want to do this,” she told Peter. She could still see the worry in his eyes and she took his hand and pulled him over to the other side of the lab and then looked into his eyes. “I will be fine. You don’t need to worry,” she told him gently with love in her eyes.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun May 26, 2019 9:04 am

Peter allowed himself to be pulled aside and he listened to Serena. He did trust her but sometimes he felt that she didn’t have enough caution when it came to things like this and he didn’t stop to think about who and what they were. Caution to a superhero was like an oxymoron. “Ok Serena, but we need to be careful is all im asking,” He said and her nod didn’t really make him feel any better about this.

As Serena stepped forward Evan moved out toward the center of the large room. The ceiling had an auto crane and he used the controls to pick up and move a large, metal crate. He brought it over near them and set it down then released it from the crane and the crane arm went back to its home position. Then, Evan moved a little closer to them then lifted a hand.

Shadows began to move around them and as they did the hair on the back of Peter’s neck stood on end. Not necessarily his danger sense working. But his own sense that something just wasn’t right about a person who could control darkness itself. It was eerie to see it. The shadows coalesced and grew into one large shadow that changed into a large black disk into the air. The disk moved and grew as more shadows merged with it until finally it stopped several yards away from them in mid air.

“Alright Serena, this is your target. Shoot into it as much of your power as you can safely. Once you feel to weak to continue then stop and try and touch that crate. Or, this is your option. Stand by the crate and try a continuous flow of power. Once you begin to feel as if you’ll have to stop, touch the crate and ‘will’ yourself NOT to...well, do whatever it is you do. ALLOW your power to falter. I think we all know that the key here is controlling this ability. If you can not then we definitely need to keep practicing until you develop control for it,” Evan said. “You ready?” he asked calmly and gave her an encouraging smile that made Peter want to groan.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun May 26, 2019 4:50 pm

Serena walked back over towards Evan and she watched as he began to use his powers. A large, black disc of darkness formed and hovered in the air. She listened to his instructions of how they were going to test the control of her new power and looked at the container before looking back at the dark disc. She looked at Evan when he asked if she was ready and she gave a little nod. She lifted up her right hand and aimed at the dark disc. Suddenly, a red stream of pure energy shot out of her hand and disappeared into the darkness. The stream was continuous and after about a minute and a half she felt her energy level drop. She kept going for about another 30 seconds before she stopped. She was pale and felt weakened and she reached over and touched the container. She tried to not use her new power, but rather quickly the metal container began to disintegrate before their eyes and in a matter of seconds it was gone. Serena sighed out of frustration. “Well, that didn’t work.”

Isabella looked over at Tony as they rested in their room. “You still haven’t told me how I died.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun May 26, 2019 6:19 pm

Evan held his chin in thought for a moment as he reviewed the failure. “Did you try to stop yourself from doing it at all? It makes no sense that you would do it unless you needed to in some way. An instinct perhaps,” He said and picked up the crane controls again and brought another container over and set it down near her. “You were looking peckish just a moment ago, how do you feel now? Could you continue or do you not get energy from what you are doing?” He asked. “Go ahead and touch the cube but resist your bodies instinct to disintegrate it,” He said. “Think about the cube and it remaining as it is. Look at its dimensions and wanting it to remain,” Evan said instructively..

Tony looked over at Isabella placidly. “You were hit from behind and the blasts cut into your suit so badly your spine was damaged. When you fell you tumbled and died in my arms,” Tony said not looking at her. His eyes had glazed over as he was remembering it. The worst moment he had ever known in his life was watching Isabella die. He looked over at her and his eyes focused on her. “I cheated to get you back and I’d do it again in a second,” He said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun May 26, 2019 7:50 pm

Serena thought about it for a moment. “I do actually feel better,” she said. “It appears that I might draw energy from whatever I’m disintegrating. I think I can continue.” She looked at the new container he brought over. She reached over and touched it and concentrated hard. She focused on keeping the container in tact. A moment passed and when she opened her eyes the container was still in tact. She smiled triumphantly. “Well, I had to concentrate rather hard but it didn’t disintegrate.”

Isabella was quiet a moment as she thought about what Tony had told her. “Is that why you gave Doom the book and the Uru?” When he indicated that it was she simply nodded and walked over to him. “Well then we will get through this as we have everything else...together.” She gave him a kiss before changing the subject. “Has Steve given you any indication that he is going to propose to Kate any time soon?”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon May 27, 2019 2:17 pm

Evan grinned. “Well that’s a resounding success, well done Serena,” he said quite pleased with her effort. “I think this will take some practice to control and to see how much matter you can convert at once. I will leave you two to it then,” he said and nodded at them.

“Uh..thanks Evan,” Peter said grudgingly. He didn’t know what else to say to the man. It kind of irritates him that He and Serena couldn’t have just kept this to themselves and figured it all out. He had started to experiment but Serena’s lack of confidence had brought in Evan.

“I know he’s already bought a ring,” Tony said. “He and Pharaoh picked it out so I guess soonish,” he said. “Unlike you Kate’s not so much the gold digger,” Tony teased. “So I’m guessing she’ll say yes,” he said and ignored Isabella’s expression. He loved to tease her, unfortunately for her. He was almost never serious. Life was to short to be so serious, he always said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon May 27, 2019 2:34 pm

Serena was quiet pleased with the results. It was still going to take a lot of work and practice, but she was confident she would soon be able to better control this power. She watched Evan leave and looked over at Peter. She could see the frown on his face and she sighed and walked over to him. "You're going to need to figure out a way to work with Evan, Peter. He's apart of this team and if he and Natalya get together then I'm guessing he's going to want to stick around." She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him for a long moment before pulling back and smiling at him. "How about tonight we get some cheeseburgers and watch a really back movie."

Isabella rolled her eyes a little at Tony's 'gold digger' comment. "I would like to point out that you pursued me...not the other way around," she said with a little grin. "Well, I'm happy for them. Steve's been alone for far too long. He and Kate balance each other out. You know we're going to have to deal with the press when they find out. They're going to be all over them."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon May 27, 2019 2:47 pm

“Well that goes without saying and I’m uncertain how Steve will react to that. “He’s a very private man and he will not like being chased around by the paparazzi,” he said remembering when he and Isabela were engaged. Tony liked the attention but he knew Isabella didn’t. Everything, what she wore, what she ate in public was scrutinized. Tony thought it was funny but when she’d see herself on the tv and the commentary scrutinized what she wore it irritated her. And then there were all the ‘phonecalls’ from woman who had dated Tony and wanted to hook up with him again.

“The press knew you were pregnant with Serena before we ever said anything. A few weeks where you didn’t drink and they knew,” he said. “Remember?” One event that he would not touch was the one that caused Isabella to miscarry. They so wanted another child but it was not meant to be nor would it ever they came to find out. And Tony did not want to adopt though he felt Isabella did.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon May 27, 2019 3:00 pm

Isabella knew that neither Steve nor Kate were going to like being hounded by the press, but this was going to be a big deal. Steve and Kate were both well known and liked by the public and people had been waiting for them to become engaged ever since they first got together. Isabella had long since gotten used to the press, but she could still remember those early days of being frustrated and irritated with not being able to go anywhere.

"And then after Serena was born everyone wanted a picture or to see her. I'm really proud of Serena. This isn't an easy life she's grown up with, but she's handled it well."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down