The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To be Trusted

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

To be Trusted Empty To be Trusted

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:08 am

Once Sabella was certain Amy was in bed she went back to her own room. She wanted to go down and find Nathan now, but she knew she needed to wait for a few hours more until it was very dark. The men would not stay down there with him all night, that she knew for certain. The would likely secure him, question him, and then leave him until morning. She needed to somehow gain enough of his trust back in a few short hours to get him out and away without him killing her in belief that she had taken part in this plan. She tried to sleep for a few hours, but sleep did not come. Instead, she lay there awake staring up at the ceiling, trying to figure out how it had come to this. What could Nathan have done that would warrant this kind of treatment? She did not know, but she knew that he did not deserve this treatment from them. He had come willingly, believing this to be a safe place and instead had been captured and was being held prisoner. She would get him out...she had to.

Around 2 am she finally rose from her bed and put on fresh clothes. She opened up her bedroom door quietly and checked the hallway to be sure no one was out and about. The hallway was dark and quiet and so she slipped out and down the hallway towards The Oracle's chambers. She needed the key to the cellar and he had one. She listened at his door to ensure he was not awake before slowly opening the door. She peeked in and could see he was asleep in bed. The keys were located on his desk. She didn't dare go in for fear the floors would creak and he would awaken. Instead, she focused her powers on the keys. Ever so slowly they rose up. They jingled slightly and she paused to let them settle. Thankfully, The Oracle did not awaken. Ever so slowly she brought them towards her. She held her breath the entire time, fearing he would awaken at any moment. Finally, the keys were in her hand and she very quietly shut the door behind her again. She then quickly, but quietly walked down the stairs towards the cellar door. Using the keys she had taken, she opened the door and slipped inside. She had taken a lantern with her, but she did not light it until she was safely behind the cellar doors. She held the lantern up and allowed the light to shine before her as she made her way down the steps. It was quiet as she had expected. Slowly, she walked down and then shone the light around the room until she spotted Nathan.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

To be Trusted Empty Re: To be Trusted

Post by Conleth Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:39 am

At the base of the stairs was a long, wide hallway. Along the walls oil lamps were lit which cast a dim, dingy light over everything. The oil gave off a burned, sulfur scent that burned the nose at first but quickly seemed to go away as she moved further inside. Surprisingly there were no guards down here right then and Nathan looked asleep in the 2nd cell on the right.

When she approached the door though he spoke and the shadows in his cell seemed to...shift oddly and move against the projection of the available light. “Come to gloat? Or are you just here to see the fool that trusted you?” He said though he honestly doubted this was what she had expected. He was a fair judge of people and it was obvious to him that she really thought he would be allowed to be here as one of them. He was still angry though and slowly he opened his eyes and looked at her. He groaned as he shifted to stand up. His shoulders burned at being held up like this for so long. He ached from his chest up to his wrists.

“Be sure to give my compliments to the proprietor of this establishment, the accommodations are to die for,” he said darkly as he flexed his sore muscles.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:37 pm

Slowly, Sabella walked further into the cellar and it didn't take long for her to spot him. He appeared to be asleep on the floor of the cell but when she approached the shadows in the cell moved as if he were moving, but he wasn't. She found it odd and began to wonder if it had something to do with his abilities. She was surprised when he spoke suddenly and jumped slightly. She approached the cell and sighed.

"I realize this may be impossible for you to believe, but I didn't know this was going to happen. If I had, I never would have brought you here. It's why I'm here now. I'm going to get you out."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:19 pm

Nathan thought it was odd that there was no one guarding him but that thought slid away when he heard her coming. All questions of why she was here now ended when he heard that she intended to get him out. That thought though trailed back to his initial thought about the fact that there were no guards. And this Oracle...or father of hers being able to ‘see’ what could happen. This was far too easy to him and he began to chuckle.

“Then you're even a bigger fool than I am. What will you do after they discover that I’m gone?” He asked though he wasn’t certain why he even cared. His best bet is to shut his mouth and let her do what she thought she needed to do. “They took my clothes and my things,” he said. “I don't know where but I will be getting them back one way or another,” Nathan said hoarsely. His throat was very dry.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:24 pm

Sabella knew she needed to act fast. She didn't know how long she had until The Oracle realized what was happening...or perhaps he already did. She looked around and spotted his clothes in a pile nearby. She grabbed them and handed them to him through the bars.

"I'm surprised you care what will happen to me," she told him. "It doesn't matter though. I got you into this, though unknowingly, and am going to get you out. Father says you are dangerous and that's why he did this."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:58 pm

“Well I can’t get dressed without the key?” he asked as he held up his arms. He was still shackled he showed her and felt both his excitement and his anger swell inside of him. He knew he wouldn’t kill her but he wasn’t certain about anyone else. “Oh I don't care,” he lied as he watched her use a key on the door. In reality he wasn’t sure what to make of Sabella save for her irrational sense of honor. He too had been an honorable man once...but that was another life. He held his shackles steady for her when she moved in to undo the lock. He winced then collapsed onto his knees almost immediately. “Ahhh!” He grunted but then righted himself and began to run his wrists. “So what’s your plan?” he asked but then his fist jutted out at her like a viper. He hit her, hard in her lower sternum, right where he knew he’d knock the air out of her. As she dropped before him, he shifted to be able to get a bit of leverage as his hands went around her throat.

He was so angry that he lashed out at her. He hadn’t really meant it to be her but she was the only person there. “Now you know that this is what trust gets you!” He growled as he began to restrict the air to her throat. His eyes looked dark, almost black right then and he drew shadows around them as he pressed in on her throat more and more. However just as he thought of just continuing he stopped and let her go. He reared back off of her and slammed his arm across the bars in anger and frustration. None of this was her fault he decided but oh how he wanted to!

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:01 pm

Sabella used the key to unlock the main cell door and then she walked into the cell and began to unlock the shackles. She could tell he was very angry, but wasn't expecting him to attack her like he did. She felt him hit her in her sternum and immediately she doubled over in pain. His hands went around her neck and she felt his grip tighten. She struggled to get air and felt herself begin to panic. She couldn't think straight enough to use her powers and feared that he was actually going to kill her. She felt his grip tighten even more and tears started to well up in her eyes. She could feel darkness starting to take her and she thought of Westley. If Nathan did kill her she would get to be with him again. However, just as she felt herself weakening Nathan's grip loosened and he let her go. She collapsed to the ground coughing and gasping for air. It took her several long minutes to finally be able to speak again.

"Please...just go."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:15 pm

“Shut up!” he said annoyedly. If he did go it would only add another group who wanted to hunt him. In all reality he was tired of running and if they wanted him dead he was certain that that would have happened by now. No, something else is going on here and he wanted to get to the bottom of it. “No, you are going to take me to this...this Oracle of yours,” he said as he put his shirt on. When she shook her head he sneered at her. “Oh you're going to take me or alot of people are going to die and it will be your fault,” he told her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:23 pm

Reluctantly, Sabella stood up and led Nathan out of the cellar. She wasn't sure what Nathan was going to do, but she was prepared to use her powers against him if he tried to hurt The Oracle. She walked quietly down the hallway and then stopped outside of his chambers.

"This is his room. Please...just don't hurt him. Let me talk to him."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:38 pm

“No,” he said. “I will speak to him,” Nathan retorted then gave her a look that if she tried to interfere that he’d likely hurt her again. Not at all like a gentlemen but he never professed to be one anyway. “And your name...we need to shorten it or something,” he said flippantly as he put his hand on the door handle.

OOC: Its odd to play someone without honor but im trying, lol. And he's not kind or respectful at all!

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:49 pm

Sabella wasn't sure how she felt about Nathan at this point. He had almost killed her twice now, and yet she still wanted to help him. It was so frustrating! Why could she not just walk away from him? What was it about him that drew her to him so much?

"Well, if you had thought about it for a moment or two you might have considered calling me Bell or Bella. And what does it matter anyway?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:03 pm

“Are you still talking?” He said and he scowled at her as he opened the door. He did pause though to ‘allow’ her to go inside first. However before he even closed the door the Oracle was awake and apparently waiting for them. He had made 3 cups of tea and had chairs for them if they wanted to sit. He was looking out of the window when they entered. “Do close the door, I’ve been expecting you,” he said calmly. He knew full well no one had seen them and that was for the better.

He turned and sighed at the indignant look Sabella had for him. “And I’m so sorry my dear...but you know I can’t tell you much. I would have spared you this if I could have,” he said then winced and took hold of the chair closest to him. He put his hand out toward her to stay her from helping him. “I’m alright just annoyedly old,” he said as he took a breath and sat down slowly.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:15 pm

Sabella rolled her eyes at Nathan, and was quite surprised when he offered to let her walk into the room first. She half wondered if it was because he thought The Oracle might attack him and thus attack her instead. Inside, she found The Oracle awake and expecting them. This did not entirely surprise her. She only wished he would tell her what was going on. She was angry, but that anger faded when she saw him wince and reach for the chair closest to him. She instinctively reached out to help him, but he refused her help. After he was seated she sat down next to him and then waited for Nathan to sit.

"I'm sorry I went behind your back Father, but I couldn't just let him sit in that cell."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Ofcourse you couldn’t! You’re my daughter,” he said with more than a little pride. It was Nathan that rolled his eyes this time. “So what’s this about old man...why am I here?” He asked bluntly. The Oracle looked at his daughter once more before he turned to face Nathan. “Why does the sun chase the moon each day? Because it is the way it has to be my son,” he said in a very fatherly way. “I do not control what is, I can only see it, in a fashion...sometimes,” he added as he took a sip from his tea. “Now I would like to speak to Mr. Carver alone for a while, daughter,” he said softly. “I’ll be alright,” he added quickly and held up a hand to forestall her objection which he was certain she would have. Nathan looked as surprised as she did but also unhappy that she had had to go also.

After she left the Oracle laid out all that he could to Nathan. A series of events were going to happen and he needed him to keep her safe. He laid a few of them out in a general format and answered questions when he was posed them. For this he would always have a place there, at the estate and enough gold in his pocket to make him a very wealthy man. He also let something else go. Something that he was certain would help seal his allegiance to Sabella. He told him that she would eventually fall in love with him and there would be nothing he could do about that. That he could try and leave her behind and continue to be cruel to her. Eventually their paths would cross again and then it would all start up again.

“She needs you more than you know and you her,” he added as he set his blades and holsters back down on the table, now completely confident he wouldn't use them on him. That would have happened once in three he knew. Unfortunately Nathan wasn’t taking any of this very well. Dark days were coming? He and Sabella were going to be lovers? The man wasn’t a soothsayer at all...he was crazy, Nathan thought. After the Oracle said what he needed to say, Nathan stepped back out into the hallway. Sabella was there and would notice how pale he was right away.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:22 pm

Sabella was not happy to have to leave, but she knew her father wasn't going to tell her anything more. She sighed, but got up and left the room. She stayed out in the hallway and nearly an hour passed before the door opened and Nathan stepped out. He looked pale and she immediately wondered what The Oracle could have said to him to make him look so.

"You know, if Bell or Bella is still too long you could always just all me 'Bah' (The sound of the B when saying Bell or Bella)", she said with a teasing smile. "And what about your name? How about I just all you Nat...you are certainly annoying like one."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:45 pm

After he realized she was speaking to him he looked at her but he couldn’t manage to keep the worried look out of his face. It morphed into a more neutral expression when he finally realized what she was saying. “Alright alright, Bella is fine,” he said not really getting her point at all. He opened his palm to reveal a key, not unlike those that everyone carried as their room keys. I’m to...take the empty room across from yours,” he said. What he didn’t know was that that room was Westley’s room and Sabella didn’t allow anyone to stay in there or even go in there...ever. But obviously The Oracle put him in there knowing full well how she’d feel about it.

“I’m...I’m tired Bella...can you show me where it is...please?” He asked and actually nicely this time but he still looked distracted as if his mind was chewing hard on whatever her father had told him.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:53 pm

Sabella had been expecting a snarky response from Nathan, but instead she received none. He clearly had been shaken up by whatever Father had told him, which now made her even more curious as to what it was. Glancing down she could see he now held a key which meant he was going to stay. When he told her what room he had been given though her eyes grew large and she shook her head.

"No, you cannot have that room. No one stays in that room and no one ever will again."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:11 pm

Nathan grew annoyed at her insistence but then remembered what The Oracle had told him about Westley, who had been killed just over a year ago.

“He said I had to stay there and that's what I’m doing Bella,” Nathan said as Bella stopped only a little way down the hall. “If I have to I’ll try this key on every room until I find it so you might as well just lead me and we can both get some sleep,” he reasoned then started off toward the first room and pulled out his key.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:23 pm

Sabella really didn't like the idea of Nathan staying in that room, but there didn't seem to be any other choice. She sighed softly and finally agreed to show him where the room way. It was down at the opposite end of the hallway. She pointed at it, but stayed several feet back.

"There it is."

Then, before he could even get the door open she had disappeared into her room and closed the door. She did not want to see inside that room. It reminded her too much of Westley.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:05 pm

The next morning Nathan rose early, cleaned up, dressed and head down stairs for a bite to eat. Today was going to be a busy day and he was starving besides. He was left at his own table but when Amy saw him alone she asked if she could join him and she did. Unfortunately for Nathan, Amy talked...alot. He let her though not really feeling the desire to ‘share’ right then. However when Amy accidentally touched his arm she was overcome by all the pain and suffering he held inside himself and she left her breakfast only half eaten to run to the privy to empty out the contents of her stomach. Nathan wasn’t sure what happened and continued to eat as if nothing out of ordinary occurred. Jarvis and the boys had been told that he would be given free access to the estate but when Jarvis and Nathan locked eyes it was obvious there was going to be a reckoning at some point.

Nathan noticed but didn’t seem to mind that many of the older teen girls and young women seemed to like to look at him. He was an attractive man after all and he had a dark, mysterious almost primal way about him that set him apart from the other young men. Whenever he looked at someone the others around her would giggle and whisper to one another which appeared to irritate most of the other young men in the room but no one said anything. Not outloud anyway. With only his coffee remaining Nathan leaned back in hopes that Bella would appear soon.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:19 pm

Sabella had had a difficult time sleeping that night despite how exhausted she was. Her mind was overwhelmed with everything that had happened in such a short period of time and she couldn't stop thinking about Westley and the fact that Nathan was now sleeping in his old room. Sabella rose at her usual time, but then had a bath drawn and soaked in the tub for a while. Afterwards, she dressed and it was then that she noticed the bruises that had formed on her neck from when Nathan had nearly choked her to death. There was little she could do to hide it so she could only hope no one would ask her about it.

She finally walked down to breakfast and noticed Nathan sitting alone. The girls in the room were looking at him and she just sighed and rolled her eyes a little. She prepared her plate and a cup of tea and walked over towards Nathan. She then walked past him to sit at a different empty table. She sipped her tea and opened up the book she had brought down with her.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:41 pm

Nathan was actually somewhat put off that Bella would not sit with him...until he saw the bruised on her neck. He had done that and the fact that he was sleeping in Westley’s old room must have just poured salt on that wound. He finished his coffee quickly though and then stood and walked by her. He leaned down and whispered, “I’m sorry,” then straightened and never looked back.

Today he was to take two dozen men and women and begin to train them. It wasn’ something he wanted to do at all but The Oracle had made it plain to him what was coming and he was key to stopping it from destroying the house and everyone in it. Though he didn’t at all know how. He gathered them outside and he had barrels set up here and there in the courtyard. In his hand he held a fist full of cloths and addressed everyone.

“My name is Nathan Carver and today you all are going to learn what it is to be blind. I have here blindfolds...please come and get one and have someone next to you put it on,” he said. “Your goal is to learn what it is like to not have the use of your eyes,” he said as he watched them get ready. This was going to be a very long day, he knew.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:49 pm

Bella heard Nathan walk up behind her and at first thought he was going to say something nasty to her because she had not sat with him. What she wasn't expecting was for him to apologize to her. Clearly, he had noticed the bruises he had caused. What surprised her the most was the fact that he actually seemed genuinely sorry that he hurt her. She looked up at him slightly and watched him as he left.

She sat there reading for a few hours before she began to wonder what Nathan was doing. She got up and walked outside and saw people walking around with blindfolds on. She stood off to one side watching. Suddenly, Nathan would hear Bella's voice in his head.

What is going on?

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:29 am

He hadn’t seen her come up to watch and so the sudden voice that popped into his head started him and it made him spill the mug of ale he held in his hand as he began to direct the men and women in this exercise. Nathan craned his neck to find where she was, when he saw her he scowled at her in a flash of momentary irritation but it died quickly when he looked at her. He knew in part of what Bella could do but this speaking directly into his mind was unsettling to say the least. Even so he decided to see if she could hear his thoughts. Unfortunately they were marked with what he thought of her breasts and other things that a man might think about when he found a woman attractive at a glance.

I’m introducing them to sensory deprivation. Did come forth after though.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:32 am

What Nathan did not yet understand about Bella's powers were that she could only read thoughts when she wanted to, unless a total loss of control rendered her unable to keep such thoughts out of her head. And so she remained unaware of any unsavory thoughts he might have of her at the time.

She continued to stand there and watch and after a moment he would hear a response.

To what end? What is the purpose?

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum