The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Always About The Eyes

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

It's Always About The Eyes - Page 2 Empty Re: It's Always About The Eyes

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:27 pm

Lorelei felt Armand's fingers graze across her upper back. She knew he was looking at the scar on her back. She took a sip of the brandy and then looked over at him slightly.

"Crossbow when I was 15...nearly killed me."

She took another big gulp and the brandy was then gone. She dropped the empty bottle onto the wooden floor and rolled over onto her other side to face him. "You carry some scars yourself." She lightly ran her fingers over one on his upper chest. "What was this one from?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:39 pm

He noted her quick and rather unadorned response. Typically people who had as few scars as she did tended to elaborate upon an event like that but she hadn’t. He didn’t believe she was lying exactly but there was more to that than what she had said. He decided to let it alone.

“Oh, that one? Well, That one I received at the Battle of Fontenoy. Along with this one,” he said as he kissed her knuckles lightly then drew her fingers across his ribcage to a gray scar about 4 inches long. “And this one,” he said as he kissed her fingers again, very very lightly then laid them down upon a horizontal 2 inch scar just above his belly button. He looked deeply into her green eyes. “None will wound me as much as never seeing you again Elise,” he said though he managed to keep the sadness of the thought from his voice. His words were soft though. “You’re husband...he is a very lucky man,” he added to see her reaction.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:58 pm

Lorelei was surprised at herself when she lightly began to caress her fingers against his skin. Due to her work she told herself she would never allow herself to fall in love...especially with a Musketeer. However, if she ever did allow it she could see it being Armand. He was exactly the type of man she would want. She looked back into his eyes and for a moment wasn't sure what to say. She decided to instead say nothing at all. She moved closer to him and kissed him deeply before resting her head on his chest. She listened to his heartbeat for a while before slowly allowing herself to drift off.

Two hours later she awoke and found Armand dead asleep. Between all of the alcohol he had consumed and their amorous activities she knew he wouldn't easily awaken. She dressed and checked for her dagger. It was almost dawn and she knew the innkeeper's wife would be awake. She was about to leave when she remembered the bag of coins Armand had won. She went through his pant pockets and found it. She pulled it out. The bag was heavy and she quickly pocketed it. She walked over to the door and glanced at Armand still asleep. She looked at him a moment longer before leaving. The only trace of her left was her Gardenia scented perfume on the pillow she had used. She walked down the stairs as quietly as a mouse. She could hear her in the kitchen. She walked into the doorway and saw her back was to her. Just like with Rochelle she clamped a hand over her mouth. She felt her struggle. She taunted her by letting her see the dagger. She then lightly drew it down her cheek...drawing some blood.

"This is nothing personal," she whispered in her ear. "...just business."

She then slashed the woman's throat in one quick move. She shoved the woman to the floor and stood there for a moment watching the blood pool under her head and chest. It was dark, thick and red. She watched as her eyes looked at her in pure horror before they glazed over. Normally she would have ransacked the place, but with two dead bodies she didn't want to risk being seen. She slipped out of the inn where Gaston was waiting for her. She gave him a simple nod to let him know the deed had been done and together they left.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:10 pm

Armand woke but it was late morning. He had imbibed heavily last night and he smiled thinking about Elise. He lifted his head then abruptly his smile faded as he knew clearly that she was no longer there. Naked he sat up in the bed and rubbed a hand through his mass of dark hair. “Goodbye Elise,” he murmured to himself knowing how he really felt about her. It was her eyes that held him. It’s always about the eyes he thought as he began to get dressed. He smiled again remembering his good fortunes last night at the card table. However as he patted himself for the pouch he knew he would not find it.

“Elise! Noble and married my horse's ass!” he thought as he put on his weapon belt and headed quickly downstairs. However when he did there were men of the militia there and Felix sat in a chair near the bar. “Felix...what goes on here?” He asked. Felix perked up at seeing him and rushed over to him. “Oh, Armand, it’s Dancille...she’s been...been murdered!” He said going pale again. ‘Sssso much blood,” he added and his head began to spin. Armand caught him and helped him back to a seat. “Who’d do such a thing!” He asked. “My poor Dancille,” he said mournfully. “Oh...and Rochelle! I almost forgot...they found her body in the privy pit...2 murders and at MY Inn!” He nearly fainted and it was all Armand could do to keep him in his seat. Armand frowned at this. ‘It had to be coincidence,’ he said to himself. ‘Had to be,’ he added as they carried her corpse from the kitchen. “Elise...when I get my hands on you!” He said between clenched teeth.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2