The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Conversation With An Old Friend (Month 2, 22BBY)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Conversation With An Old Friend (Month 2, 22BBY) Empty A Conversation With An Old Friend (Month 2, 22BBY)

Post by Conleth Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:57 am

Alderaan was not so nice as Caorellia but it was nice. The rivers, lakes and forests were healthy and the cities and villages well kept. Eeth Koth lived in one of the larger villages and they had to land a few hundred yards outside of it because it was nestled in a thick forest that did not have clearings large enough or sturdy enough to support the ship. His home was quite spread out with several out buildings and a very well kept garden. He did not answer his door but when they moved around to the back they found him there meditating.

The Zabrak was fairly strong in the force and the lightsaber but not quite as strong as Zavian in the force or as good as Kaia with the lightsaber. He had alot of experience though, he was much older than Zavian had been. “I felt you arrive Kaia Kaldera...my condolences on the loss of Zavian. He was a good man and a friend,” Eeth said as he opened his eyes and stood. He was mostly just a tan color and tall, taller than Ranik even.

“The Jedi council would have me arrest you if I ever saw you but I sense you are here at purpose. Speak and perhaps I will not have to do that,” He said calmly as he looked at her bundle.

Ranik frowned when Eeth said he might have to arrest Kaia. He would never kill or willingly hurt a Jedi. What would he do if Eeth did decide to take her in? Not much unfortunately. But he would go with her just the same.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

A Conversation With An Old Friend (Month 2, 22BBY) Empty Re: A Conversation With An Old Friend (Month 2, 22BBY)

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:14 pm

Kaia could sense Eeth around the building and as she and Ranik stepped back there they found him meditating. She waited for him to speak, as she knew he knew they were there. She saw Ranik glance at her when Eeth admitted that the Jedi Council would want him to arrest her. She knew Ranik would try to fight that if it came down to it, which she hoped it wouldn’t.

“Thank you for your condolences. Zavian remains with me in spirit. I am sorry for the loss of your friend as well. I am here because of this child I carry in my arms. He is Force Sensitive. Ranik and I rescued him from Rodian where a bounty hunter was after him. I was hoping you might take him and care for him.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

A Conversation With An Old Friend (Month 2, 22BBY) Empty Re: A Conversation With An Old Friend (Month 2, 22BBY)

Post by Conleth Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:21 pm

Eeth looked down at the bundle and with an outstretched finger he peeled back the cloth that covered the babe’s face. His fingers lightly brushed the infant’s cheek and then he touched the child’s forehead with two fingers and seemed to linger like that for several seconds before he took his hand away.

“The force is with this one, getting him out alive and unharmed is no small feat. You do your Master proud Kaia by bringing him here,” Eeth said with a smile.

“There are 14 other children as well. Their parents asked us to take them to safety,” Ranik said. Eeth looked at him a moment. “I will inform Counselor Treth of the orphans...Please, come inside. I have hot tea and refreshment for you,” he said but Kaia sensed that he had more to talk to her about and he did.

Inside his home was well kept. Fairly sparse in decor but there were splashes of color here and there. Eeth used to be on the council until he had had a falling out with Mace WIndu. Eeth left the order and settled here on Alderaan. He aids the Jedi in their works when he can but he mostly keeps to himself now. Or so Zavian had said.

There was a long table and several colorful pillows on the floor for them to sit upon. He came out with water for them and glasses then went back to make the tea.

“This separatist crisis is really taking its toll on the republic. I would imagine that even the planets in the inner rim are feeling the effects of it,” Eeth said from the kitchen. The baby cood as it yawned while in Kaia’s arms. “You’re a natural,” Ranik said with a smile.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:55 pm

Kaia held the child and watched as Eeth reached out a hand and gently touched the child's forehead. She had already felt the Force within the infant and knew Eeth would as well. She was relieved that they had managed to get the child out alive, but what Eeth said made Kaia smile and blush ever so slightly. It brought back warm, fond thoughts of Zavian. All she had ever wanted was to make him proud of her.

Kaia glanced at Eeth when Ranik admitted that there were 14 more orphaned children that needed his help. The Jedi Master would be able to sense her relief when he assured them that he would speak to Counselor Treth and ensure their safety.

She and Ranik followed him inside his home. She had been there once before and it still appeared as she remembered it. She sat down near the table and adjusted the infant in her arms as Eeth prepared some tea in the kitchen. She glanced at Ranik and blushed when he told her she was a natural with the baby. "Don't get any thoughts," she replied with a little grin.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:56 am

Ranik said nothing but he did smile at her and he gave her that look he gave her when he wanted her right then. “You are so beautiful,” he whispered and smiled again when her cheeks colored even more.

Eeth came back into the room with a tray and he set it down on the table and sat on one of the empty cushions. He put a few tea leaves into each cup and poured the hot water into them. Hot steam rose from the cups and he handed the cups out.

“I was actually thinking about you Kaia, recently,” he said as he brought the cup up to his face and smelled the tea. He didn’t drink though and set the cup back down. “I’ve felt Zavian’s presence as of late. I believe his spirit has found its way back from the abyss. I can teach you how to commune with him if you can stay for a few days,” He told her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:11 am

Kaia smiled even more and blushed a little harder. She thankfully managed to get herself under control before Eeth came back into the room with a tray prepared for tea. She gratefully accepted a cup and let it steep for a few moments before taking a sip. She heard what Eeth said and she looked up at him. She set the cup down and felt her emotions starting to rise within her. She had truly believed Zavian was gone forever and she would never be able to commune with him, as she had heard other Jedi had done with the deceased. When Eeth offered to teach other how her first instinct was to say yes immediately. However, she glanced at Ranik and wondered how he might feel about that. He was in her life now and she wanted to know he would be alright with this. She turned and looked at him.

"Would you be alright if I did this?" The fact that she was asking him would tell him a lot about how she felt about him and their relationship...about how much she cared about him.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:22 pm

Ranik really didn’t quite understand what they were talking about. Commune with who, Zavian’s spirit? An odd thing to contemplate but he didn’t feel a twinge of jealousy about it, to his surprise. He cared for Kaia but he put no possession upon her. She didn’t belong to him, she was her own person. He only loved her and he was not the kind of person to aquate that love with her being devoted to him. And besides, she did not reciprocate the sentiment which spoke volumes about how she felt.

“Kaia, ofcourse I’m ok with it,” he said with a furled brow as if her asking him was just silly. Which he thought it was. He picked up his teacup and took a sip. It was very good.

Eeth nodded. “Excellent, we will start this evening. In the meantime lets get these children settled. There is a woman here in the village that lost her babe recently. I will speak to her about fostering this one and I will guide him through his first steps. But I will have to inform the council Kaia. I do not have to tell them how the babe arrived in my care though. I will keep this part secret, out of respect for you and Zavian,’ Eeth said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:47 pm

Kaia looked at Ranik and could sense some jealousy and some other complicated feelings cropping up. She sighed a little and then looked back at Eeth. She was relieved to know that all of the children were going to be taken care of. That was her main priority right now. When he told her that he was going to need to inform the council about the baby she nodded. She began to wonder if he was going to tell them that it was her who had brought the child to him. However, he reassured her that he would keep that part a secret. She looked at him.

"Thank you Eeth," she said gratefully, "for everything. I knew I could trust and depend on you."

After they all finished their tea, they headed back to the ship to gather the children. Kaia had them all hold hands and walk together. She glanced over at Ranik. She wanted to talk to him, but now was not the time.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:25 pm

The children looked worried but they also wanted to leave this ship. The counselor that arrived spoke Rodian and once she began to interact with the children and the fact that she brought them sweets, gave them a sense of contentment. With her aids they gathered the children and the older few thanked Kaia and Ranik for risking their lives for them. Ranik didn’t know if they’d ever see their families again but at least he would know they were now safe. What was happening, the techno-Union, The Trade Federation...it angered him that they could just step in and murder so many people like that. If the Republic couldn’t stop this kind of thing then maybe the separatists had the right idea. He’d never tell Kaia that though. He knew they were, at least in part, ran by the Sith and Kaia opposed the Sith.

That night Eeth showed Kaia his meditation room. She sat across from him and after a time of quiet contemplation he began.

“You must concentrate on the force and also on Zavian. It is you who must guide him to you, not the other way around. You must recall him in your mind. How you felt for him, what he meant to you, what the two of you did...everything and hold it all in your mind,” he said.

The session took hours but eventually she was too tired and hungry to continue. Eeth had offered her and Ranik a room in his home. When she got to the room though she noticed that Ranik was not there. He was likely on his ship which was a pretty long walk from where she was.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:57 pm

Kaia hoped that eventually the children would be able to make their way home to their families. Here, at least, they were safe and would be cared for. Kaia could sense anger from Ranik and she knew it had to do with what was happening with the Separatists. What was going on was complicated and messy, but more and more Kaia was starting to feel that she needed to be doing more...that perhaps she needed to go back to the Jedi.

That night, Kaia sat with Eeth in the mediation room as Eeth guided her through the process of communing with Zavian. Kaia closed her eyes and followed Eeth's instructions. She tried to clear her mind and think of Zavian. However, after a few hours she became tired, hungry, and frustrated. Eeth ended the session and Kaia sighed and went to go find Ranik. Eeth had given them a room to share, but when Kaia went to go find him she discovered he wasn't there. She began to think that perhaps he had gone back to his ship. She wanted to go find him and talk to him, but it was late and dark and his ship was quite a ways away. She decided to just leave him be for tonight. There was clearly a lot on his mind.

Kaia tried to sleep, but she found it almost impossible. She sighed and sat up and then crossed her legs under her. She sat up straight and closed her eyes. She cleared her mind of everything except her memories of Zavian. She recalled the first time they had met. None of the other Jedi Masters had wanted to train her. Kaia had felt lost and alone, but then Zavian said he would do it. She remembered how kind and patient he was with her. He encouraged her and truly cared about her.

She stretched out with her mind. Zavian.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:32 pm

For a long time it was the same as before. She felt the force all around her. Inside her even, and she filled herself with it. Basked in its light. Zavian was clear in her mind. Her former master, trainer, lover and husband. The ring he gave her was unique, a small symbol of his undying love and devotion to her. As feelings of him bloomed in her heart she felt a cool breeze flutter around her. And then she saw a faint, pale blue glow. She opened her eyes.

In his Jedi robes Zavian stood there before her. He was exactly as she remembered him but he was translucent and she could see the wall and window behind him. She still felt the force and it was strong now that Zavian was there with her. She no longer had to focus so hard now. Zavian had found her and now he used the force to speak with her.

“Hello Kaia, I’m so happy that you are doing well. You’ve found Eeth...good, he is a good man,” Zavian said as he smiled and looked at her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:40 pm

At first, Kaia began to lose hope that it was going to work, but then she focused harder...focused on the love she had felt for him and from him. Suddenly, she felt a shift in the Force and a cool breeze fluttered around her. Slowly, she opened her eyes and saw Zavian standing before her. He as wearing his Jedi robes and was exactly as she had remembered him. He was translucent and there was a faint, pale blue glow around him. Hearing his voice brought tears to her eyes. They shimmered as she fought to hold them back. However, seeing him again...hearing his voice again was what she had hoped for for so long.

She stood up and walked over to stand in front of him. She wanted to reach out and touch him, but she knew she could not. "I...I'm so sorry Zavian. I should have saved you."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:16 pm

Zavian smiled. He did not like to see Kaia cry but not all tears were evil. The Jedi teaches to keep control of all emotions and not to have attachments or possessions. But Zavian had a lust for life, just like Kaia did.

“It was not your fault Kaia. I knew my fate long before it happened. We all meet our destiny, one way or another. I trained you as much as I could. The force is with you and your destiny is in front of you” He said. He took a few steps and sat on the windowsill behind him.

“There is something important I must talk to you about Kaia, something important,” Zavian said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:20 pm

No matter what Zavian said would fully relieve Kaia of the guilt she felt over his death. She still missed him, but was glad at least she could talk to him. When Zavian told her he needed to talk to her about something important she moved to stand in front of him.

"What is it?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:29 pm

“There is a disturbance in the force. 2 factions will become 3 and this 3rd faction is of evil. There is a great purge coming, of Jedi and Sith alike. Many Jedi will die,” he said and let that settle in a moment.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:32 pm

Kaia listened to what Zavian said and the worry became etched on her face. She knew what this meant and she sighed softly.

"After your death I never returned to the Jedi Temple. They sent someone to find me and bring me back, but he...he decided against it."

She was quiet a moment and then looked at him. "I need to go back. It's time."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:41 pm

“No, you must to to the Tython system. There you must find a datacron that once belonged to Nordia Gral. An ancient Jedi Master. The moment you find it, you must open it and learn its contents,” He said. “If you choose to go and help the Jedi now, you could help them in their fight but you will die if you do,” He said. He wanted to make that clear to her. He wasn’t being exactly truthful there. She would be captured and brought to the nightmother. He could not see her fate after that.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:45 pm

Kaia could tell Zavian wasn't telling her everything. However, she sighed and did not push him to tell her the truth. "And the information that is on the datacron will help aid us in this fight?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:17 pm

Zavian just looked at Kaia a moment. How he could he tell her that no matter what, the purge would happen? He didn’t think that he could. Everything and everyone she knew, their lives would change. Pedowans that were her friends would die. Jedi she liked, would die.

“Yes,” He said but not for the fight she thought. She needed it for the fight yet to come. “You should be a Jedi Knight by now. There are several datacrons. And all of them can prepare you for what is coming,” He said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:22 pm

Kaia wished Zavian would just tell her what she needed to know, but she trusted him and would do what he told her to do. She nodded and then became quiet for a moment before speaking again.

"Zavian, there is something I need to tell you. The man that the Jedi Council sent to find me...his name is Ranik. He and I...well...we're together now."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:35 pm

Zavian smiled when she told him that. He was happy for her. “If he makes you happy then he deserves you,” He said. “ANd you deserve him,” He added. “Trust in the force Kaia. Surrender to it and it will serve you well,” Zavian preached. But he always did that. A moment later Zavian faded away.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:45 pm

Kaia watched Zavian fade away. For some reason she didn't feel sad. She knew that she would see him again. She spent the rest of the night thinking about what Zavian had said. She needed to get to the Tython system and find the datacron. She could no longer sit idly by.

The following morning, Kaia dressed and walked to The Fury. She found Ranik outside the ship doing some maintenance work. "Why did you go back to the ship last night?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:10 pm

Ranik’s hands were filthy and he had a bit of grease on his face. He set down his tools and he shrugged as he pulled out a red cloth and began to wipe clean his hands. “I...just didn’t feel right, sleeping there. I didn’t want to get in the way,” he said. He looked at her a moment.

“Did you...find what you’re looking for?” He asked. Ranik didn’t really know much about the force or what she was doing so he had no real opinion on the subject.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:17 pm

Kaia was quiet a moment speaking. "I was able to reach Zavian. He told me of a disturbance in the Force. He said that there is a great purge coming of both Jedi and Sith. He instructed me to go to the Tython system. There is a datacron there that was once owned by a Jedi Master. He told me that it contains information that I must learn. I must do this."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:45 am

Ranik tilted his head and frowned as he thought about what she just said. “I’m sorry...what? Zavian? Your dead hus...Master? You reached him? How? What does ‘a purge’ mean?” he asked. He was confused. Wasn’t Zavian dead? This didn’t make any sense to him. That and he felt left out. Like she and this Eeth shared something he could not share with Kaia. He didn’t understand why, but he didn’t like that. He knew that getting involved with a Jedi was not going to be a good idea but it happened. And he loved Kaia. ‘Kaia, the woman’ he loved. He wanted Kaia the woman, he wanted her with him. But now...now he wasn’t certain if he would just hold her back.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next