The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Delicate Situation (June 2012)

2 posters

Go down

A Delicate Situation (June 2012) Empty A Delicate Situation (June 2012)

Post by Conleth Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:52 pm

Gambit blew out the smoke from his cigarette. His black hat was tipped low over his eyes and his suit coat was open. He wore a very fine white shirt and the scantily clad waitress that delivered his drink leaned over onto his shoulder. Her blue blouse barely contained her ample bosom and her tight, blonde curls tickled his cheek. The room was fairly smokey and soft jazz music played in the club just across the way. The hotel was just down the street but this was where Gambit loved to hang out. It reminded him of an older style speakeasy that had gotten lost in time. It was hot and humid outside, but it was always that way this time of year in New Orleans. He needed to make his presence known to the guild but in a subtle way. Winning a high stakes poker game always drew unwanted attention. Or in this case, wanted attention.

Stacks of cash were here and there on the table in front of him and the 5 other men that surrounded a large, black table. Poker chips and cards were in front of every man and there was a small pile of blue, green and red poker chips in the center of the table. Casually Gambit flippe a green chip across the knuckles on his left hand. He held his cards with his right and his pile of chips was significantly larger than the others in front of the other men. His cane with a white Ivory wolf’s head was leaned against the wall just behind him.

“No fuckin way you’re holdin this time Gambit,” One of the men said. He looked spanish and wore, dark sunglasses. He was older and had a gut but looked as if it wouldn’t slow him down a bit. “Call,” he said though Gambit’s face never changed expression. He was an expert poker player and he barely even moved as the others made their bets. When it came for Gambit to ask for cards he said none and two of the men tossed in their cards and folded immediately. “I’ll call your 500 and raise you another 2500,” Gambit said as he counted up his chips for that much and tossed them into the center. He let a small grin escape but was that a rouse or a sign that he was holding something good? “Fuck...I fold...me 2,” 2 others said and then it was just him and the spaniard. “I’ll see your 2500 and raise ya another 5k,” he said and added his chips into the center. “Call,” Gambit said as he added 5000 more as well. The spaniard laid down a full house, 10s and 6s. He grinned as he briskly rubbed his hands together, ready to take the pot. Gambit laid down his card. An Ace, King, Queen, Jack and 10 of Spades. A flush that beats his full house. The spaniard looked pole axed as Gambit raked in the chips then began to stack them.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

A Delicate Situation (June 2012) Empty Re: A Delicate Situation (June 2012)

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:39 pm

The flight had been nice and easy and Serena had flown first class. She took a taxi to the hotel and got checked in. It was just past 7 in the evening and it was still hot and sticky outside. Serena went up to her room and changed. She put on a black dress that was cut several inches above the knee and some black heels. She fixed her hair and makeup before leaving the room and walking around the hotel to try and find Gambit. He wasn’t there so she left the hotel and started walking down the street she spotted a building that looked like the kind of place Gambit would hang out in. She walked in and saw a bar and tables and chairs. There was a jazz band playing on a small stage and a hallway back behind the bar and it appeared to lead to a room.

Serena didn’t see Gambit but a cocktail sounded good. She approached the bar and ordered a Sazerac. It was the official drink of New Orleans after all. The bartender flirted with her a bit and her unmistakable laugh filtered down the hallway to Gambit’s ears.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:02 pm

Gambit felt like a thief in the night leaving like he did but he would not expose Serena to this...this heap of garbage that he needed to clean up. And it was of his making. He had turned his back on the guild and the council. Defied them and his old mentor Jean Luc, who was now dead. Or so everyone thought. Gambit had done some horrible things while working for the guild. The really bad stuff however he hadn’t known he was doing. It didn’t make him any less culpable though. And he wasn’t one to make excuses. Now there were only 3 men playing and Gambit had already cashed in several of his chips and, for a fee, deposited the money in his bank account. More than worth the cost. These streets could be rough, even for a man like him.

Gambit loved Serena but it was easy to love her. A different thing entirely to be worthy of her. She was like a priceless piece of art. Impossible to afford and impossible to give up. She was beautiful with dark eyes that drunk him in each time he looked into them. Her mouth felt made for his own and her body melted against him and turned his flesh to fire each time he made love to her. Yet he’d give her up to protect her. He’d do anything for Serena. Even die, if it had to be so.

“Im out, the other man said…”I fold,” the Spaniard said as he threw his cards down in disgust and Gambit drew in the chips. It was then that he heard it. That laugh, he knew that laugh, like silver chimes in his ears. It was Serena’s laugh. “Here, I’m out,” He said and tossed a few chips to the others. “Have a few drinks on me, to take away the sting,” He said and gestured for the game master to count his chips and convert them to cash. It was only a few more thousand and he had made close to 50k already deposited into his bank account.

From behind he looked at how her dress hung close around her legs. She had a wonderfully round bottom with just enough hips to make his throat go dry...just a little. With his cane in hand he stepped up beside her at the bar. “Bourbon, neat, the good stuff,” he said and tossed a fifty on the bar in front of him. He was handed a glass with a pretty decent pour in it and he took a sip. Serena was to his left. “And one more of whatever the ladies having, she has a plane to catch,” He said in obvious irritation.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:12 pm

Serena knew that the reason she had worn this dress was because she knew Gambit would like it. She wanted to make him jealous and make him realize what he was missing. She sensed someone walk up to the bar beside her and she didn’t have to look over to know it was him. He only wore one cologne and she knew it well. She rolled her eyes at what he said and looked at the bartender.

“No, Freddie. My drink is on me.”

She turned and looked at Gambit. “I’m not going anywhere. I was promised a trip to New Orleans and since you decided to come without me I decided to come without you. You don’t own this city and it’s a free country so I will do whatever I damn well choose.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:18 pm

Gambit schooled his outward expression but his eyes were red hot fire. She was fucking everything up! And the ONLY thing she cared about was paying him back for leaving her! Damn...woman! He thought and downed his drink in a large gulp.  

“Excuse us Fred,” he said then took hold of her arm. “We need to talk,” He said. And pulled her toward the door.

Last edited by Conleth on Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:23 pm

Serena could tell Gambit was angry, but she didn’t care. When he grabbed ahold of her arm she tried to yank it away, but he held on tightly and pulled her towards the door. They got outside and she finally pulled her arm free.

“I’m not leaving.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:32 pm

“I’m not here for a god damn vacation Serena. I’m finishing what I should have finished a long time ago. And the only thing you’re going to do is fuck this all up! This has NOTHING to do with you!” he said and tried to moderate his tone. Serena always did this. Get him to display his emotions like this. He thought she got some kind of enjoyment out of it when she made him crazy. Understanding a woman was like...understanding the weather and twice as unpredictable. What they didn’t notice was a woman with long, blonde hair who watched them from the shadows behind a nearby tree.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:38 pm

Serena looked at him. “Well how the hell was I supposed to know that when you don’t tell me anything about your life? This morning I wanted to apologize and figure out a way for us to move on but I’m not so certain you want that. Well, don’t worry I won’t be bothering you while I’m here.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down