The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Hero's Welcome?

2 posters

Go down

A Hero's Welcome? Empty A Hero's Welcome?

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:21 am

“Now we have two to worry about, William and Katrina,” Strange said. He wasn’t at all convinced that she shouldn’t have tried harder but he didn’t press her. Isabella helped Serena inside and Tony got her a large bottle of her favorite water and several bars of chocolate. They brought her to the kitchen and helped her into a seat.

Bruce and Thor were there but the Black Panther wasn’t. He had gone back to his people straight away after the mission. “Several of the Kree escaped using the escape pods. They landed all over the place and though my satellites picked them up they are likely long gone from where they landed. They will make trouble if they can and some of them are extremely dangerous. SHIELD has been informed and they shouldn’t be difficult to spot,” Tony said.

“Enough of this, she deserves a hero’s welcome,” Thor said. He was decked out in his armor and he held his hammer at his side. “She saved two on her own and survived to tell the tale,” he said extremely pleased with her apparently.

----------------

Natalya was the only other one who was injured. She had dug right into the fray and killed several Kree but she had taken an energy blast to her shoulder and the biobed was still trying to repair the damage that was fairly extensive. Steve put Peter onto his stomach as kate programmed the bed. The bed began to diagnose Peter right away and highlighted where they needed to cut the suit off of him.

“Pieces of his suit are cauterized into his flesh. I will need to perform surgery to remove them,” Jarvis said. The bed shot peter up with painkillers and he was quickly rendered unconscious. Logan was there near Natalya. They had been arguing all afternoon it seemed and neither of them seemed to have given any ground. Logan was just about done with Natalya doing this kind of work. This was another close call and his nerves were about shot with worry that she was going to be killed if she continued. “It’s not just your choice,” he whispered. “We’re married now, don’t you get it? We can do anything we want, go anywhere we want, Why do we need to keep risking everything?” he said softly and she’d know what he meant. Losing everything meant 'her' and his fear of that was beginning to take its toll upon him.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

A Hero's Welcome? Empty Re: A Hero's Welcome?

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:41 am

Serena knew that Dr. Strange was upset with her, but she had not sensed that this girl was a threat. She had appeared to be just a scared little girl who was being used by the Kree. Serena firmly believed that if she was able to get her to Professor Xavier that he would be able to take care of her and protect her. Even though some of the Kree had managed to escape and might cause some destruction, they wouldn't be able to cause the level of destruction she had lived through...at least not for a very long time.

She drank some of the water and ate a bit of chocolate before speaking again.

"I'm planning to take Katrina to Professor Xavier. He will be able to help her and protect her."

----------------------------

Natalya's shoulder was in pain, but she knew it would heal and she would be fine. Yes, it had been a close call, but nothing more than the other close calls she had lived through. Logan wanted her to quit working and they had been arguing about this all afternoon. She sighed when Logan brought the subject up again and she looked over at him. "Logan, the future that Serena lived through is no longer going to happen...at least not the way she remembers. We have changed far too many things at this point. We cannot live our lives in constant fear. You told me that, remember? I'm not going to be happy doing anything else than what I'm doing now. I'm finally making a positive impact on the world and helping people."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:00 pm

Logan wanted to growl. Natalya was so incredibly stubborn that it made him want to lash out at something. The walls or the extra beds in the room. How could the woman not understand that he loved her? Her and ONLY her? If he LOST her he’d lose EVERYTHING.

“I’m not sayin it’ll be like that but I think you’ve done enough to offset that balance, we both have. Ya don’t owe nobody nuthin! I’m not gunna bury you woman!” he snapped. “I won’t do it!” he said and left her there. Steve looked at Natalya only hearing bits and pieces of what was said between her and Logan and he followed Logan out. Kate turned and faced her.

“He’s a man in love Natalya. He wants a full life with you but I know how you feel. You’re able to use your abilities and can’t see a life not using them. Logan only ‘wants’ to see you as the woman he loves. Is he always so selfish?” She asked though they both knew that he was. When it came to Natalya he was a very giving man and ‘When it came to Natalya’ he was extremely selfish about her.

----------------------

Thor set his hammer down and began popping bottles of beer, wine and champagne. He got out several large beer glasses and began filling them and setting them on the table. He gave Serena the large, glass stein that was a keepsake from them going to Germany during the Oktoberfest they held there every year. As Steve and Logan came up they grabbed glasses and those that had none were given glasses and still more were picked up after. He raised his tall beer glass into the air.

“To Serena, Victory to the Avengers!” He said loudly and then drank heartily. “I think that is an excellent idea Serena,” Isabella said. She only took a small swallow of the beer. “I wonder if William shouldn’t go there when he’s older,” Tony asked as he drank his beer. Steve nodded thoughtfully as he drank. “Maybe I’ll speak to Charles about beefing up his security,” Bruce said after he took a drink. “But I think Katrina is worth some study,” he said. It was Stephen Strange that said nothing and only looked at his glass. He was obviously troubled and his thoughts appeared to be far away right then.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:16 pm

Natalya sighed as she looked at Kate. "I know that he loves me and I know that this is all out of that love, but I can't just sit around and do nothing all day. I just can't. That's not me. If I was stuck in a house all day I would go crazy. But maybe...but we can compromise and take some time off from the team. Like a year and just travel the world together."

---------------------------

Serena was glad that Steve was willing to consider sending William to Professor Xavier as well when he was a little older. She knew that Professor Xavier would be able to help William understand and control his powers better than anyone else.

She glanced over at Stephen and she could see he was troubled by the situation. She knew she had failed in what he had wanted her to do, but she had to believe that there was good in that girl. If she lived her life believing that no one could be saved then what was the point in living this life? No, they had changed the course of the future by giving this girl a second chance.

She finally walked over to Stephen and looked at him. "I know I failed in my mission, but I'm going to do everything I can to change this girl's life and ensure the protection of the planet."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:43 pm

“Not every mutation should be allowed to exist Serena. The very nature is random but the world is finite. Once its gone its gone and what you’ve done is put a human concern in place of the bigger responsibility. If I were there I would have hated doing it no less than you but I would have. Each threat we can put an end to is a big deal and Doom knows she exists. I thought my instructions were clear and you let your emotions rule your actions. If Peter got in your way you should have subdued him and completed your mission. You let Peter influence your decisions and we may all die for it,” he said. “I have not seen all of the outcomes from this but I can tell you that most of them are not good for us,” He said. “I don’t think I need to tell you what might happen if Doom gets a hold of her,” he said. “I realize my words are harsh and I will speak to Peter about this soon I can assure you,” he said as he looked at her. He wasn’t angry exactly by his expression but his voice was very serious and very concerned.

“So Doc we should go around murdering children because we ‘believe’ They’ll do something bad in the future? If I had known you asked her to do this I would have told you to go to hell,” Tony said. “If we abandon our ‘human’ concerns, our humanity than what good do we serve to save the world at all? Peter reminded her of that and he did the right thing. They both did. We’re not made up of just skin and bone Doc. What are we without compassion or remorse or love?” he said then looked at Serena. Isabella had been listening as well and came over to them. She put her hand on Serena’s shoulder.

“I’m so glad you didn’t do it Serena. It would have destroyed you,” Isabella said as she pressed her forehead into hers. Isabella was upset at almost losing her daughter and her emotions were beginning to show.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:57 pm

After Serena made sure that Katrina was alright, she went down to see Peter. She had her informed that the surgery was over and that he was awake. She had gone to Rocco’s and gotten him his favorites and brought it to him. She had also given Katrina some sliders, fries, and a shake. She had brought it as a peace offering and Katrina had accepted it. The two had talked for a while and she had told her about Professor Xavier and Katrina had seemed interested in meeting him.

She walked into the infirmary and gave Peter a little smile as she sat down next to him.

“I brought you all your favorites.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:25 pm

Peter was sitting up on the biobed as it continued to medicate his back. “Oh god, im starving!” he said as he held out his arms for her offerings. As soon as he had hold of the burger he bit into it greedily and took another bite before he even swallowed the first. “Mmm, oh god, Mmmm,” he said, though it was nearly a moan of pleasure. He took a long sip on the straw of the butterfinger shake she brought which had been his favorite for as long as they had been going to Rocco’s. After he had demolished the burger he seemed to eat the fries much more slowly. He relaxed and put his head back. “Oh god Serena, thank you so much for that!” he exclaimed then burped. “Cuse me,” he said with a grin.

“I'm going to have...scars,” Peter said. “I hope they don't disgust you,” he said plainly. He knew Serena liked his body just like he liked hers. Natalya was sleeping soundly and didn’t stir at all thank god!

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:38 pm

Serena had eaten her burger with Katrina and she was happy to sit there and watch Peter demolish his burger. He was clearly hungry and it made her happy to see him sitting up and eating. When he mentioned the scars on his back she smiled at him.

“No, they don’t.” She was quiet a moment before looking at him more seriously. “I’m just glad you’re ok Peter. I’m sorry you were hurt.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:55 pm

“You don’t need to be sorry Serena, you saved me for which I am eternally grateful, how is Katrina? Is she alright, is she frightened? I wanted to see her but jarvis won’t let me leave,” he said as he tapped the chair. “And how are you? Are you just putting on a good face for me? Ya don’t have to ya know,” he said but then his expression changed. He looked...embarrassed or ashamed.

“I...what...on the ship...I...you don’t hate me do you? God I couldn’t live with it if you hated me. I’m sorry...I...I didn’t mean,” he said not really knowing what to say. He had stuck up for his beliefs, for Katrina and stood by his decision. That was Peter Parker doing that. The kind, compassionate man she knew and loved. Peter always putting others before himself. Always showering her with his love.

“I didn’t even ask...are...are we in trouble? Are you in trouble, I mean,” he said. “I...I didn’t mean for you to get in trouble Serena,” He said sounding much like the young man he was. Worried about causing her trouble.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:27 pm

Serena looked at Peter and a wave of love washed over her. Tears came to her eyes and she suddenly leaned forward and placed her hands around his cheeks before kissing him. In that kiss she poured all of her love for him. She slowly pulled back and looked into his eyes.

“Katrina’s fine thanks to you. I’m going to take her to Professor Xavier soon.” She became quiet for a moment as she looked into his eyes. A look of shame filled her own. “Thank you Peter for stopping me. I...I just couldn’t stop thinking about what I’ve lived through and I was set on thinking that Katrina would be a cause of it. I was wrong to think that way and I would have lived to regret my decision. I...I’m so sorry.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:48 pm

Peter nearly melted when she kissed him. He felt the passionate desperation of how much she needed him right then in her lips that touched his. He liked being loved and needed by her. It gave him strength and purpose. A sense of being. “I didn’t do anything Serena. Only reminded you of who you are. I can’t begin to know what it would be like to watch those you love die and more than once. To have those feelings and memories in me. I know you still love Gambit. The way you talk about him...I know it. I’m not threatened by that. I know how much you love me,” he said as he kissed her back then he looked deeply into her eyes.

“I’m going to marry you soon Serena and I will continue to spoil you rotten if you let me,” he said with a very broad smile. “I’ve never really been on a vacation. Maybe you know a place we can go on our honeymoon?” he asked. Peter could never afford something like a vacation. Harry had offered many times but Peter had to work to help his Aunt May. A vacation was a luxury he simply couldn't afford, until now. He kissed her cheek and jawline and neck then drew back. “Someplace,” ‘Kiss’ “That we don’t feel guilty,” ‘Kiss’ “For staying in bed all day,” Kiss, kiss, kissssss’. He took in a long, soothing breath then touched her bottom lip with his thumb.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:16 pm

Serena nearly melted into Peter when he began to kiss her. She closed her eyes as she felt his lips on her skin and her increased breathing would let him know that she was greatly enjoying what he was doing. She was becoming rather turned on, but she knew they couldn't do anything. However, it was nice just to be intimate like this.

"We could go to my parent's private island," she said, practically purring. "It's small, but there would be no one there but us and we can do whatever we want...whenever we want...wherever we want."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:41 pm

Peter licked his lips and his cheeks flushed with color just thinking about that. Serena could always do that to him which she seemed to enjoy a great deal. Even now he was easily aroused by her and believed he had to work to arouse her. And she didn’t do anything to change that assumption so it was still true now. “I like the sound of...anywhere,” he said smiling at her. Well it was no secret he was aroused now. The gowns that you wore here were not very thick at all.

Later that night after Peter was asleep Logan came down to see Natalya. He brought her ice cream, her favorite flavor and was enjoying feeding it to her though his face had a serious cast to it. Seeing her almost killed again wasn’t something he’d soon forget.

“If I left the tower...would you come with me?” he asked as he set the spoon near her lips. Natalya was quite dainty in how she ate ice cream. She apparently liked to cream it up so that the flavors were stronger before she actually ate it. Ice cream at its coldest wasnt as flavorful as when it was a bit warmer.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:57 pm

Natalya loved Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. She loved the fresh, coolness of the mint mixed with the rich dark chocolate chips. Her favorite brand had the chocolate bits chopped extremely fine so it all just melted together in her mouth. Logan had brought some for her and was feeding it to her. She knew the subject he was going to bring up and waited for him to speak. When he finally did she sighed and looked at him.

"Of course I would Logan," she told him honestly. "But you and me...we're not made for normal jobs. Can you see either of us working a 9-5 job, sitting behind a desk all day? I think you know it would drive you as crazy as it would drive me." She was quiet a moment and then looked at him. "Are you actually thinking you want to leave?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:43 pm

“Natalya do you realize how rare of a pair we are? How god damn rare the two of is finding one another is? How we found one another? How we fell in love, how good we are together? Its not about losing my nerve, I have enough of that for both of us. Its about living a life without you that scares me to death. I have nightmares about losing you, thats the ONLY thing that frightens me,” logan said honestly.

“Do I want to stop you from doing what you love? No, I dont. But there is only one of you Natalya. Once your gone, your gone,” he said.

“I dont mean get a damn 9 to 5 for christ sake,” he said, but then he thought about what he had considered. Natalya never hunted or fished or lived on the wilderness. She was a city girl and enjoyed the fine dresses and restaurants and comforts that wealth brought.

“Do you realize how much money we have? Enough to not have to work if we were smart about it,” he said as he readied another spoonful.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:55 pm

Natalya sighed softly and looked up at Logan. "Logan, you do realize that I'm not going to live forever, right? The Super Soldier Serum will extend my life, but I'm not going to live as long a life as you are. You are going to lose me at some point and you are going to have to find a way to move on."

She looked away from him and became quiet for a long time. She knew she owed him. She owed him her very life. He could have killed her all those years ago, like he was sent to do, but he had spared her life. She finally sighed again and looked back at him.

"Alright, let's leave."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum