The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Possibility In an Impossible Future

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A Possibility In an Impossible Future - Page 2 Empty Re: A Possibility In an Impossible Future

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:37 pm

Serena felt her heart sink in her chest when Bruce disagreed with her. She just wanted an opportunity to try and make things right in the world...a chance to grow old with Peter...to have her children spend more time with their grandparents. This life was no real life. She didn’t want her children to grow up in this world. She was willing to grab onto whatever hope there was and save this world.

She looked down with a defeated look on her face but then Gambit suddenly spoke up. She looked up at him and gave him a grateful look. Then, Logan stood up and fervently defended her argument. Natalya stood next and then so did Kate.

“We have a second chance here and an opportunity to keep billions of people from being killed. I won’t walk away from that. I’m not going to let Tony, Steve, Peter, and Isabella’s deaths be in vain. They were trying to stop this and now we should finish it.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

A Possibility In an Impossible Future - Page 2 Empty Re: A Possibility In an Impossible Future

Post by Conleth Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:12 pm

Oddly, Strange looked at Carol and then Carol looked at Banner and Banner and Carol both nodded to one another. Something was definitely going on between them, funny how Strange just ‘showed up’ all of a sudden. Carol looked at everyone in turn then looked at Kate directly. “Kate Rogers, if we are to save our world form this calamity, you will need to Murder your son William,” She said without a shred of emotion.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:32 pm

Serena glanced at Dr. Strange, Carol, and Dr. Banner and noticed them all looking at one another as if they were all in on whatever this was. Kate looked back at them all when they looked at her. What they said didn't seem to surprise her at all. She had foreseen it coming. It didn't make it any easier though to think about. She was quiet for a few long moments before slowly nodding. "I know."

Serena looked at them all. "Isn't there another way besides just killing him?"

Kate just shook her head. "No...there isn't."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:02 pm

Pharaoh was laid out on a cot and Jean Gray sat in a chair as she placed her hands near his temples. She needed to reach his Astral self and then send it backward in time to the beginning of the years that William turned 18. Gambit sat next to Serena as she sat with her children in the lunchroom. Almost everyone was there and he looked over at her.

“Could I talk to you Cherie mwen?” He asked as Willow looked at him. She smiled at him then looked at her mother. “C’mon Tony, mom needs some privacy,” she said then left them alone to talk.

“I’ve been here for a bit and I can tell you that getting us out of this...shit, is definitely the right thing to do. I feel bad for Kate but you’ve lost so much and you deserve your life back,” He said in his creole drawl. “We all do,” He said softly as he looked at the others in the room. He took her hand in his and squeezed it. “I...never stopped loving you Serena if you were wondering,” he said as he pointedly didn’t look at her. “And though I have missed you terribly I only want you to be happy and this Isn’t it,” he said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:16 pm

Serena didn't know exactly what was going to happen, or if this was going to work, but she wouldn't be able to live with herself if they didn't try and she knew that the rest of the team felt the same way. While Pharaoh was with Jean, Serena sat with her children in the lunchroom though she didn't feel like eating. She sensed someone walk up to the table and she looked up to see Gambit. She very nearly smiled when he used the pet name he used to call her. As Willow and Tony left Gambit sat down across from her at the table and she looked at him. He was older and had some grey in his hair, but still looked like the same Gambit she knew. She didn't pull her hand away as he took it and gave it a squeeze.

"I still love you too Gambit and I have missed you. I'm so relieved that you are alright. I hope this plan works. I don't wish this life on anyone."

-------------------------------

Meanwhile, Kate left Sarah with Bruce and went back to her room to have a few minutes of privacy. She sat down on the small cot bed that was pushed back into one corner of the room and pulled her legs up to her chest. With a trembling hand she activated Isabella's gauntlet and pulled up Steve's video. She hadn't watched it in months, but she needed to see his face today.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:40 pm

Steve’s bright blue eyes looked at her through the video cam. He smiled and though he looked slightly older it only served to make him look more distinguished and sexy. Especially when he smiled at her which was often. He was obviously in the Alien ship and she could see Tony behind him at one of the other consoles. He had his back to him and was working on one of the Kree screens in the background.

“Tony said I shouldn't tell you this but I never liked keeping you in the dark. We knew this was likely a one way trip but you know we had to do this. The Kree took our world from us and we are Avenging our loss,” he said and then his eyes softened toward her.

“Ok, enough of that, I wanted to tell you how completely in love with you I am. These last few years with William and Sarah and you, my family, have been the highlight of my life,” he said as he beamed a smile at her. Even as he did his eyes began to water. “You gave me so much of yourself and 2, strong children. I could not ask for anything more Kate. I think of you every moment and I would give anything to spend my last just looking into your eyes and feeling your lips on mine,” he said. He didn’t see it but Tony looked at him and rolled his eyes.

“We really were a team, you and I and I have no regrets,” he said as sparks began to fly in the background. He squinted and shifted as if he was standing up. “I gotta go babe, stay alive and tell William and Sarah that I love them,” he said “Tell…” he began but the video suddenly cut off into static.

------------------------------------------

“Serena, we don’t know exactly what is going to happen or who will and will not be there when we are returned to our correct timeline. We only know that whatever happens, we won’t remember...this,” he said as he gestured around the room. “Or how hard you fought to find your children,” he said as he looked into her eyes. “I should have fought harder to keep you,” He admitted reluctantly.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:50 pm

Kate's eyes immediately began to water as she saw Steve's face and heard his voice. She loved him so much and missed him greatly. She felt so lonely without him and she desperately hoped this plan would work. She felt like half of her soul was gone. She didn't like the thought of having to kill William, but if she could prevent this apocalyptic world from happening she would. She just hoped that when the time came she would have the emotional strength to do it.

---------------------------------

Serena looked back into Gambit's eyes for a moment. "You and I ultimately wanted different things. I don't think you would have been happy settling down, getting married and having children. Would you?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:57 pm

“Maybe I needed you to fight for us, to convince me that that was what you wanted,” he said with a smile. “Peter was there and it was like a switch was turned off,” He said. “What was I supposed to do?” he said as he sighed. “Ancient history,” he said trying to lighten the mood then leaned in and looked at her. “So, they say we wont remember what happens,” He said and gave her that look he used to give her when he was thinking about having sex with her on the spot. In the past that led to all sorts of risk taking with them having sex in bathrooms, in restaurant booths and even in the stands during a baseball game. If he got her in the mood it was on and she almost never backed down.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:07 pm

Serena saw the look in Gambit's eyes and she knew what it meant. She felt completely torn. Part of her heart was still grieving over Peter, and yet his loss and the loss of her parents made her crave comfort and familiarity. She knew Gambit loved her and she did still feel love for him, even though it wasn't as strong as it had been with Peter. She would love no one the way she loved Peter. She needed to know she wasn't alone. Willow and Tony were going to be staying with Sarah that night and there was no one else in the lunchroom, not that she really cared at this point if anyone saw her leave with Gambit. She didn't say anything, but she looked into his eyes for a moment before she stood and indicated silently that he follow her. They went back to her room and she closed and locked the door behind her and then looked at him.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:16 pm

Jean continued to delve into Pharaoh’s mind. She needed to find that small avenue that led her to that part of him that allowed him to leave his body and take his consciousness with him. “So you and Logan eh? How long did that last?” He asked though all he was doing is distracting her from her goal right then. “He’s so...angry all the time, any idea what makes him so angry?” He continued.

--------------

Gambit’s shirt was off as soon as the door was shut and he nearly jumped on her as his lips attacked hers. Just like always he was all unbridled passion and his hands were everywhere before she could even get anything off. As soon as she unbuttoned her pants his hand snaked down under her underclothes and she felt his fingers probe to see if she was wet. Ok, no foreplay just get right to it apparently but this would just be the first time tonight. She’d know that for certain sure. As soon as her bra was off his mouth attacked her breasts and he picked her up and carried her to the bed. Even before she landed he was inside of her and his muscles strained as he moved aggressively atop her, his urgency for her almost more than he could take right then.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:27 pm

Jean felt she was getting closer to finding what she needed. However, Pharaoh was attempting to distract her by asking her about Logan. She decided not to answer his questions, but to ask him one instead.

"How long has he and Natalya been together?"

------------------------------------

For the first time in months Serena was able to let go of her pain and grief for a few moments and feel alive again. Gambit knew what she needed and he gave it to her. It had been close to 13 years she and Gambit had last been together, but their bodies still knew each other very well. There was no hesitation...just passion and a yearning for the comfort of physical intimacy. Gambit was not just some man. There was a history between them and a love that remained and she knew that he needed her just as much as she needed him. She peaked rather quickly and stifled her cries of pleasure into her pillow.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:35 pm

Pharaoh was both pleased and surprised by her question and he didn’t hesitate to answer. “Officially? Well, hmm, 20 years or so?” he said uncertainly but he knew he was close. Give or take a year. “Pretty exclusively to,” he said. “He plays the angry beast but underneath all that muck and muscle he is a pretty warm fellow. Natalya took a long time to warm up to him but once it took there was no separating them. “He spoke about you to me in the early days, sometimes,” he said as he tilted his head back to look at her. “He fell hard for you Jean. “Really hard,” he said.

---------------
Somehow Gambit had stashed a bottle of Bourbon and 2 glasses in her room. He must have known ahead of time that they would be here and it was an old bottle as if he had been saving it for a long time. He poured 2 glasses and handed her one. Their bodies both glistened with sweat and the Bourbon was very smooth.

“I was actually offended you didn’t send me an invite to your wedding,” he said with a grin. “What is it like to raise a child?” he asked her earnestly.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:48 pm

Jean was rather shocked to hear how long Logan and Natalya had been together. She had never imagined Logan settling down with anyone...not even really with her. He seemed like too much of a loner, but clearly she had been mistaken about that. It just took the right woman.

"I know he did, but I wasn't the right woman for him. There is something about Natalya that is so...I can't put my finger on it exactly, but it makes her perfect for him. I did care about Logan...I do care about him...very much, but we weren't right for each other. I wasn't the woman he was supposed to be with...Natalya is."

She became quiet another moment but didn't start delving again. She looked back down at Pharaoh. "Do you know where Charles is?"

---------------------------------------

Serena couldn't help but smile and even laugh a little when Gambit produced the bottle of bourbon and two glasses that he had stashed in her room somehow. She accepted a glass and they clinked glasses before she took a sip.

"If I had invited you to my wedding, would you have actually come?"

She took another sip of the bourbon and thought about his second question. "Raising my children has been the most terrifying and rewarding thing I have ever done."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:07 pm

Pharaoh tilted his head up to look at her again. “What do I get if I tell you?” he said in an oddly, childish way. Pharaoh was nearly mad after all and half of the time it wasn’t clear to the people around him who he was talking to. When he saw her glum expression he sighed. “Well your no fun, no wonder you two didnt get on,” he said. “I hear them sometimes when the tower was very quiet,” he said trying to bait her. “Scott was...what, your hubby?” He said jokingly. “I don’t see you two together either. I guess you just stayed with him because no one else would have you?” he said plainly. He didn’t really mean to be cruel but his words certainly sounded cruel and he was obviously trying to get under her skin without any discernible reason for it. He chuckled.

“And here I thought you two had slept together. I see now that you wonder what he’d be like in the sack,” he said.

-------------------

“I think I wouldn’t have come but it would have been nice that you thought of me,” he said with a smile. “That Willow is going to break more than her fair share of hearts, I can tell you,”he said as he took another sip then poured more Bourbon. They both could sense that impending doom upon them. As if the next few hours would suddenly cease to exist. He offered her his glass. “Here, hold my glass,” he said and as she took it he slid down the length of the bed a few feet, kissing her flesh all the way down and put his face in between her legs. He held her right leg up for better access and quickly she felt what he was doing to her as she took another sip of her Bourbon.

After she came again Gambit wiped his mouth and took back up his glass. In some ways he was better than Peter and that was definitely one of them. He could drink a ton and still perform as much as her body could take. He poured her more Bourbon and took another drink from his glass.

“I never really solved my own problems. The Guild was always trying to get at me, tie me own. When I was with you I had more peace in my life than at any other time, including when I was just a boy. I think I’ll always love you for that. For putting up with me as long as you did,” he said admonishing himself in front of her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:18 pm

Jean gritted her teeth at what Pharaoh said, but she could tell that he was half mad...maybe more than half, which made her wonder if they should be doing this in the first place. Maybe Charles hadn't really spoken to him. Maybe Pharaoh had imagined the entire thing, or was just making it up. She couldn't stop though now. They needed to keep going. She decided to stop talking to him and to just get back to work. She forced his head back to where she needed it and rested her hands on the sides of his head and closed her eyes and focused.

---------------------------------------

Serena finished her drink and put her glass down. When Gambit finished his as well they laid down on the bed together and he held her close. "I'm sorry for the way things ended between us," she told him softly. "I never wanted to hurt you. I was young and I handled the situation poorly. I hope you can forgive me for that."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:43 am

“There is nothing to forgive Cherie Mwen,” Gambit said as he kissed her neck softly. “You did what was best for you and I will not fault you for that. When we are honest with ourselves, we find the most happiness,” He said. “Rest your mind Serena, you are safe and your children are safe. We are safe and what will be, will be,” he murmured as he snuggled up to her.

-----------------

Logan looked into Natalya’s eyes as he made love to her. He paused to look at her and though she had aged she was still very beautiful. Logan hadn’t aged a day. “It is good to know that no matter how bad it gets, that we are always together,” he said. “Since we likely won’t remember this I want to tell you that I did want to marry you. To tell the world that you would always be mine. I know it is a silly notion to consider. We know whats what but part of me just wanted to throw it in everyone’s faces that we are capable of love. And I love you Natalya. I’ve always loved you,” he said as he looked into her dark eyes.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:03 am

Serena looked up into Gambit's eyes as they lay in each other's arms. She was quiet for a long while before speaking again softly. "I just want you to know Gambit, that if Peter hadn't ever been in my life...if I hadn't known him...it would have been you."

----------------------------------------

Natalya looked up into Logan's eyes. Even though she had looked into them thousands of times she still loved to do it. She loved the feeling of seeing them looking back at her and knowing that they were the eyes of a man who loved her. When Logan confessed to her that he had actually wanted to marry her, her eyes filled with a few tears. She reached up and gently touched the side of his face and caressed it with her thumb as she looked back into his eyes. "Well, we may get a second chance. Things in the past will need to change in order to change this future. Even small changes may make a positive impact in one shape or another. I know that we won't remember any of this, but somewhere in my heart I feel that we will somehow know."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:25 am

When she found him Jean’s hands wanted to pull away. There was a dark, roiling mass of emotion there, somewhere near and it made her itch wanting to focus on it but she knew if she did that it might swallow her up. She had never seen anything like it. A mass of cursed insanity waited there for anyone who touched it and Pharaoh had lived with it for how many years? 3000 at the very least. Just feeling it close made her want to take a shower.

“Nice work Jean,” Pharaoh said knowing where she was. Feeling it as if he were doing it himself.

“I see him..you,” she said mystified. “Yes, he is always there, now look for the conduit that will allow you to force him into it,” he said. Jean nodded as tears began to flow down her cheeks. “So much pain and horror...I can’t…” She began. “Yes you can Jean, you must…

In her mind’s eye she stood in a dark place and Pharaoh stood there across from her. He looked around himself then fixed his gaze on her. A hole opened up in the middle of the space between them. “I think the beginning of 2030 should suffice, don’t you think?” He asked. As jean stood wisps of blue energy emanated from her and floated into the air until the attached themselves to him and then finally, sunk into him. Pharaoh’s eyes closed briefly and he sighed a sigh of relief.

“You’ve done it Jean, now I can go to him,” He said. “But, what will happen to you, herre?” she asked she wasn’t at all certain, she had never done anything like this before. “I will die ofcourse. Oh how long I’ve wished for it. An end, peace,” he said as he swayed. The feeling was so profound that it made him feel intoxicated. Pharaoh stepped forward and he was gone in a flash of light.

----------------------------

Jean pulled back her hands and wiped her eyes. Pharaoh was indeed dead and though his eyes were stuck open his mouth had turned up into a smile.

----------------------------

As Gambit held Serena he began to see the room around them begin to fade. As she noticed it to he smiled back at her and kissed her lips one last time.

---------------------------

Both Logan and Natalya felt the change coming. It was like a soft, warm breeze that began to flow across their dimly lit room. Logan smiled as he pressed himself into her and felt her pulling him down for one more kiss.

--------------------------

Kate paused the video where Steve smiled at her. She traced a finger across his face as tears continued to roll down her cheeks. When she felt it she looked up from the screen but the knowing of what was happening did not bring her solace for she knew what she, what her earlier self would have to do. ‘How can I kill my own son?’ She asked as she faded away.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum