The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr. and Mrs. America

2 posters

Go down

Mr. and Mrs. America Empty Mr. and Mrs. America

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:20 pm

The day of the wedding had finally arrived. Everyone who was attending the wedding had come upstate for the weekend. Isabella and Tony owned a large lake front house and had room for the guests. The press was not invited and the location of the wedding remained a secret. The night before the wedding Steve and Kate slept in separate rooms, though Kate hardly slept and she doubted Steve did either. She wasn't nervous about marrying Steve. She knew he was the man for her, but it was still an anxious process nonetheless.

The ceremony was to take place at sunset at the lake front. A large outdoor tent had been set up for the celebration afterwards. The sky was cloudless and clear, but a light, cooling breeze blew. Isabella and Natalya got ready first and then went to help Kate get dressed. Kate's dress was a 1940s vintage sheath style wedding dress with a lace overlay. It had been beautifully preserved and Isabella had only had to make a few minor adjustments to fit Kate's frame. Kate's hair was curled into a more vintage style as well with a medium length veil that matched the dress. After she was ready and just a little while before the start of the ceremony Kate gave Isabella an envelope and asked her to deliver it to Steve. Isabella smiled and took it and walked down to the room where Steve was getting ready with Tony, Logan, and Pharaoh. She knocked and then walked in and smiled at Steve. "This is from Kate."

When Steve opened the envelope he would find it was a handwritten letter. It read:

Dear Steve,

I cannot believe today is our wedding day. I can still remember the first day we met. I was awestruck by you. Not just because you were Captain America, but because of the kindness of your heart. You inspired me then and continue to do so to this very day. You inspire me to be a better fighter, woman, and person. I cannot wait to spend the remainder of my life with you. No matter what happens, from this day forward I have a family again and nothing could make me happier than that. I love you more than words could ever express and I hope to make you as happy as you have made me.

Your forever,

Kate

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mr. and Mrs. America Empty Re: Mr. and Mrs. America

Post by Conleth Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:38 pm

Steve sat alone in the large room that Tony had suggested he take for his last night as a free man. Little did Steve know that Tony had 3 visit him and Steve hastily showed them the door. He held Peggy’s locket in his hand and looked at the faded picture of her in it. She was a very beautiful woman, strong and loyal and honest. He had loved her but fate had other plans for Steve Rogers. “She’s alot like you Peggy,” Steve said at the locket. “You’d really like her and likely you two would be good friends. I love er Peg, and I think its time you let me go,” Steve said as he traced the picture with his thumb. “Goodbye Peggy,” Steve said and closed the locket. He stepped over to the fireplace and tossed it into the flames. He stared at it as it started to smolder and then it began to burn.

He turned when he heard a knock on the door. “Come in,” He said and was surprised to see Isabella. She smiled at him as she entered and he noticed that she held a plain, white envelope in her hand. He said nothing when she handed it to him and he nodded to her as she let herself out. He smelled the paper before he read it then read the letter again and smiled.

Tony had come and got him when it was time and they moved together into the main hall which led to the large room filled with chairs. Logan, Peter, Pharaoh and Evan were already there though none of the women. Nick Fury was in a chair at the back in the corner and Phil Coulson was waiting just outside Kate’s room to walk her down the isle. The Priest was Father Donavan, the priest at Steve and Kate’s church.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:51 pm

Isabella came back just in time to help Natalya adjust Kate's veil. Isabella smiled at her. "He's looking particularly handsome today." Kate smiled and blushed a little. She had the look in her eyes of a woman in love. Natalya smiled at her friend and hugged her. "We'll see you out there."

As Natalya walked out and took her seat she spotted Nick. She looked at him and saw him look back at her and eye her slightly. She looked away and walked over to sit next to Evan. Serena sat next to Peter and she smiled when she felt him take her hand into his own. She looked over at him and gave his hand a little squeeze.

Kate took a few moments just to herself. She looked at herself one more time in the mirror and smiled a little. No matter what happened in her life she would never be alone again. Not only would she have Steve as her husband, but she also had the rest of her family.

Finally, she walked over and opened the door. She smiled when she saw Phil. Phil had helped train her at SHIELD and had actually been the one to introduce her to Steve and get them working together. He was like an uncle to her. She didn't care what happened at SHIELD. She would never cut ties with him.

"So, what do you think?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:29 pm

Phil had always kept in touch with Kate. She was a good agent and she was a good Avenger. He smiled when he saw her and waited for her to come to him. Phil had never had a family, SHIELD had been his family. And he had Kate. “I think Steve’s getting the better end of this deal,” Phil said. “Shall we get this show on the road?” Phil asked and held up his arm for her.

Steve fidgeted nervously at the small, makeshift alter. Tony was his best man and he held the rings in his palm. Isabella was across the way and he smiled at her and gave her a wink to let her know that he liked her in what she was wearing. Peter looked at Serena and Evan looked at Natalya. Once the music began however all eyes shifted to the front and waited patiently to see Kate walk down that isle. Especially Steve who could barely contain his excitement.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:39 pm

Kate smiled warmly at Phil and took his arm. As they neared where she would appear she felt her heart begin to beat harder in her chest. She still couldn't believe this was actually happening. She and Steve, like all couples, had had their ups and downs and she knew that marriage wasn't going to be easy. It was going to involve work, but it would be work she loved. Steve wasn't going to just be her husband. He was going to be her partner in life. She was devoted to him and would follow and support him.

As she appeared with Phil she felt everyone's eyes on her, but the only person in the room she was looking at was Steve. Her eyes met his and she smiled when she saw the look on his face. He clearly liked the dress and that made her so happy.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:24 am

The moment that Steve saw her his head began to swim. There was no music playing nor did he really see anyone else in the room. There wa just her, in that white dress. He did feel his forehead begin to sweat though and he removed his handkerchief from his pocket and wiped his brow. Tony shifted to whisper at him. “You alright?” He whispered and Steve nodded absently. However he never took his eyes off of Kate. never looked away from those gorgeous blue eyes. He had always loved Kate’s eyes. Like 2 deep blue pools that sucked him down beneath their surface. He had no doubts at all that she was ‘the one’. And though he wasn’t certain if he felt worthy of her. He’d do everything in his power to try and make her happy.

He hadn’t heard Phil the first time and the man had to repeat himself. “Steve...here she is, take her hand,” he said again and Steve finally came out of his stupor. A few of the men behind him chuckled at that and he finally took Kate’s hand then they turned to face Father Donovan.

Father Donovan began to go through what marriage was all about and how sacred the joining of two  people was in the house of god. He continued onto his sermon and then it was time to speak their vows. It had been decided that they’d each say their own bit and as Tony shifted to give him the ring to give to her. He took it and then held her hand as he held the ring, ready to place it on her finger. The ring was a very traditional thing. Made of gold. He looked deeply into her eyes.

“Kate, I was once lost in time. Everyone I ever knew, everything was gone save for my desire to do everything I can to make this world a better place and fight for those who can not fight for themselves. Just like you. With you I do not feel lost or alone. I feel love and happiness and you bring me the confidence and strength to keep trying. To keep going every time I feel like giving up. You are my light, my heart and my greatest love and I am truly proud to have you as my wife,” He said then placed his ring to her on her finger. His hands didn’t shake at all.  

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:48 am

Kate was quite enjoying Steve's reaction. It had been exactly what she had been hoping for. As she and Phil reached him at the alter he didn't move and it took Phil repeating what he had just said for Steve to finally react. She smiled warmly and lovingly at Steve and gave his hand a gentle, reassuring squeeze when he took it into his own. She listened to Father Donovan, and found that now that she was beside Steve she wasn't nervous anymore. She was surrounded by people she loved and cared about and was marrying her soul mate.

When it came time for their vows they turned to face one another. Steve went first and she looked into his eyes as he spoke to her. When he placed the ring upon her finger she felt a few tears come to her eyes. She took a few seconds to compose herself before she took her ring from Tony and looked back into Steve's eyes.

"When I lost my parents I thought I had lost everything. I felt alone and lonely. Little did I know that I would fall in love with a man who once felt the exact same way. From the moment I met you, you have given me so much joy in this world. You inspire me daily and inspire me to never give up. You are more than just my best friend and partner...you are my soulmate...my one true love and though I know times won't always be easy I know that you and I can make it through anything as long as we stick together."

She felt new tears come to her eyes as she placed her ring on his finger and looked back into his eyes.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:34 am

Father Donovan went on to mention that marriage did involve work. Work and devotion. Honesty and loyalty. As he pronounced them as husband and wife Isabella had to come over to help Kate with her veil. Steve smiled down at Kate them leaned forward and kissed her lips. This time it did feel different he felt. There was more than just the feel of he lips now and he felt her kiss him back. Everyone cheered and clapped and they turned, waived at everyone and then began back down the way they had came.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:41 am

Afterwards, everyone headed out of the church and to the outdoor tent that had been set up. There was a live band, food, cake, champagne, and lots of decorative lights to give a magical feeling to everything. Steve and Kate were the last to arrive to the tent and were met by cheers and applause again. Isabella helped Kate remove her veil and she carefully stored it away. There were a toasts from Isabella and Tony and then the band started to play the first song. It was a slower melody, meant for Kate and Steve to share their first dance as husband and wife. Kate smiled as Steve took her hand and led her to the dance floor. As she began to dance with him she looked him in the eyes. "I am so happy Steve."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:53 am

Steve held kate’s right hand in his left and his right hand was on the small of her back. Between the flowers and her perfume and makeup he couldn't make any one specific scent but she did smell good! He was all smiles since he arrived and he was pretty certain he still would be after Kate let him get some sleep. “You picked out that dress for me?” Steve asked though he already knew the answer. He had seen women in similar dresses in the 40s though hers also had a modern cut to it. How she was able to merge classic and modern was beyond him but he knew she looked stunning in it.

“We will make some good memories, you and I,” Steve said. “And have alot of fun I think,” He added as he leaned in closer to her and whispered that last part. Steve only knew how to dance as they did in the 40s and so he led Kate into the Waltz he knew.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:08 pm

Kate couldn’t stop smiling. She was filled with happiness and it made her even more happy to see how happy Steve was. As they danced she looked up into his eyes. Hers were filled with nothing but love for him. “Yes, I did pick out this dress for you. It’s from the 40s but Isabella updated it just a little. I was hoping you would like it.”

She was quite a moment as she danced with him before speaking again in a softer tone. “I meant what I said Steve. I will follow you wherever you go. If you ever chose to leave the Avengers I will go with you. You’re stuck with me now,” she added with a playful grin.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down