The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Catch a Shadow

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

To Catch a Shadow Empty To Catch a Shadow

Post by Conleth Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:42 pm

As he stepped into the small courtyard he saw several men in the leathered livery of the Bree constabulary standing in a line to receive the mornings report. There were other man nearby them, one such wore a chainmail shirt and had a paneled blue and gold tabard on over it. It had been decided that Vanya would watch over Kara as she drew out one of the corrupted guardsmen. Once they had found one she could trail him for the day to see where he goes and what he does while Aragorn planted his seeds with the rest. The trick was for Kara to be seen but not caught. Once that happened it was assumed he might go speak to who he answered to and they’d follow the chain of corruption, hopefully to its source.

Unconsciously Aragon tugged at the front of his pants as he watched them and winced. Vanya had been unusually aggressive the night before and his middle throbbed sorely each time his pants shifted the wrong way. ‘I hope it will always be this way,’ He thought to himself and a smile broke out upon his face as he watched the men from behind one of the larger trees that rose up here and there about the courtyard. The sun was still just coming up and most of the courtyard was still half covered in shadow.

‘I should marry her,’ He thought. That notion was something that seemed more and more the right thing to do. ‘But would she give up being a Ranger to be a queen?’ He wondered. ‘A queen and a mother,’ He added though he couldn't really picture her holding a babe. ‘If he asked it of her though...if he put it to her in the right way?’ He wondered as he stepped out and walked toward the line of men who would be on foot patrol this morning.

“Greetings...I’m here to speak to the Captain of the Guard,” Aragorn said in a loud and crisp voice that drew all eyes to him and stopped the mornings report.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

To Catch a Shadow Empty Re: To Catch a Shadow

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:15 pm

It had been particularly difficult for Vanya to drag herself out of bed that morning. With Aragorn’s arms wrapped tightly around her she felt utterly content and comfortable. She was happy...very happy. She decided in that moment that she would not let her certain death keep her from being happy. She would enjoy whatever time she had left with Aragorn.

When she finally got up she dressed and she and Aragorn ate a quick meal before she headed out to find Kara. They had discussed the plan with her the night before, but she wanted to meet with the young girl first before they set their plan into motion.

“Are you still comfortable doing this for us?”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:47 pm

Kara was dressed in her usual dark, hooded cloak that looked as if it had seen better days. Now in the light it did not look so fine as it had in the dark of the Inn. Kara’s face had smudges of dirt on her cheek and her eyes did look afraid as she looked at Vanya. But there was also resolve there in that gaze. Resolve and a knowing that she could not keep this up forever. Eventually he would be caught and then who would take care of the little ones?

“Comfortable? I don’t thin I’ve ever been comfortable Vanya,” Kara said almost bitterly and she crossed her arms across her chest and her gaze quickly turned into a scowl. “But no ones a-er bothered ta elp us before. If ye needs me ta to this thing then I’ll do it,” She said and the scowl melted into a troubled look.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The guardsmen stepped away and it was now only Aragorn and the new Captain of the Guard Cannus Frash in the courtyard. He was a fairly tall man with broad shoulders and large arms. He had bright blue eyes and dark brown hair that fell in waves down his neck to his collar. He wore a goatee expertly trimmed and rested his gauntleted hand upon the hilt of his sword.

“Who are you? And why have you come to me?” Cannus said briskly. “My time is short and I have a city to watchover man,” He added and held a look of suspicion at Aragorn. “I am a Ranger of the North Captain and I’ve come to you about the murder of the former guard Captain,” Aragorn said. At just mentioning who he was Cannus’s face seemed to darken and his brows furled in obvious anger or outrage. “We don’t need your kind here! Bree can handle its own affairs sir! We don’t need the likes of you pokin your nose around where it naught to be!” The Captain barked.

“Is that so? Well perhaps then you’d like to know that me and my associate have found a witness to the crime. She’s seen everything and has said a great deal that is quite troubling to us. There appears to be more than a few of your men that are little more than criminals,” Aragorn said forcefully as he placed his fists on his hips and drew himself up to his full height. His words seemed to drive the Captain into an angry stammer.

“Ye has no jurisdiction ere!” The captain barked but before he could go on Aragorn cut him off. “The Rangers have jurisdiction everywhere we happen to be!” He said and took a sudden step forward to stand close up to him. “On my word alone I could have soldiers from Rohan or Gondor here so i give you this one chance to clean up your own house...Captain,” Aragon said in soft, serious voice. The Captain was so angry his lip quivered and his face grew even redder. Aragorn gave him one more long look then stepped away from him toward the street.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:35 pm

Vanya smiled a little at Kara’s hardened gaze. She reminded her a lot of herself. She was strong and did what needed to be done. She could appreciate that. The girl would need that resolve in order to survive in this world.

“Now you remember the plan? I will be following you as you draw out this guardsman. You won’t be able to see me, but know that I will always be nearby and watching. I will be ready to spring into action if it is needed. If something should go wrong you run away as quickly as you can and don’t look back. I will handle the situation from there. Understood?”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:47 pm

And so Kara had made herself ready. The easy part she knew was being the rabbit. The hard part, the real risk of this endeavor was finding the right wolf. A guardsman who was one of the ‘bad’ ones. And was not all that fast. Lazily she moved down the small dirt alley and looked back in hopes that she’d see Vanya there. She didn’t see her but she doubted that she could have anyway. She continued on in hopes that this horrible business was well and truly done. With more than a little trepidation she lowered her dark hood and exposed her face to the world. As she did she turned from the alleyway onto the main thoroughfare.

People moved along the street, men and women going about their daily lives. Normally a small girl on an old, plain, tattered cloak would be of no notice. And for a moment it seemed that Kara would indeed just be just another girl without a copper to her name. The sun was just now rising and the morning dew was still on the patches of grass that flanked the street. Once more Kara looked about to see if she could see Vanya. And like before she did not see her. Just as she turned back a guardsman that had just come out onto the street paused in his gate to watch the girl. At first he rubbed his chin as if he wasn’t at all certain she was who he sought.

“Kara Edgewood!” He bellowed and Kara couldn’t help but freeze in shock at hearing her own name. In a lurch the guard broke out into a dead run toward Kara. Like a rabbit that went to ground Kara twisted and ran down the alley.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:03 pm

Vanya was true to her word and kept Kara in her sights at all times, though she remained unseen. How she moved so was only known by other Rangers. She moved as if she were a shadow and though there were plenty of people on the streets no one paid her any mind. She wondered where Aragorn was and if he was alright. She loved the man so deeply her heart ached to know that her time with him would be so short.

Keeping herself focused on Kara she watched as the young girl pushed back her hood to fully reveal herself. Vanya readied herself to spring into action as she spotted a guardsman eyeing the young girl from behind. As he called out Kara’s name the young girl did as instructed and began to run. Vanya sprinted out, seemingly from nowhere, and like a cat she moved and tripped the guardsman...sending him flying into a stack of wooden crates. She grabbed him and pulled him up and pinned him against a wall in the alleyway.

“You will leave that girl alone. Do you understand me?”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:22 am

In the tumble, the guardsman had lost his leather cap. His hair was fairly short and his dusty blonde locks were dampened from the recent exertion of running. Blood trickled down from the corner of his mouth and his left cheek had signs that a bruise was going to form there. His eyes were large in surprise as he tried to shrug off whomever it was that was holding him against the wall but found that he could not. His hand moved down to the hilt of his short sword.

“Oh you’ve done it now! An assault on one of the guard is a serious crime!” He said. He had tried to sound threatening when he spoke but his words had a nervous twill to them. “Now get off a me!” He said and he tried to push her back off of him.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:06 am

Vanya kept a firm grip on the guardsman. She was far stronger than she looked and kept him flat against the wall. His threats did not frighten her. In fact, she actually tightened her grip a little more in order to cause him some pain. She moved her head closer to his ear and practically growled in response.

“And what about a member of the guard who engages in illegal activity? What kind of punishment do they receive?”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:40 pm

Kara had managed to escape but it was clear that she had been seen and recognized. That part of the plan had worked and now this man had also been recognized. As someone who was corrupt among the guards. He’d now want to escape and go where he thought he’d get help or protection. The seed was now planted and Vanya saw fear in his brown eyes.

“How dare you accuse me!” The man said as bits of spittle fell out of his mouth onto his chin. He was nearly crazy with fear and tried to draw his sword out. “Get off me!” The man barked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:05 pm

Vanya nearly smiled at the guardsman’s fear. This was exactly what she wanted. She knew the young girl was fast and would by now be in a safe spot. And so she decided to allow the man to leave so she could follow him.

She pulled him back away from the wall. “Get away from here!”

She gave him a hard shove out onto the street and by the time he regained his balance he would look back to find her gone. What he did not know was that she was very close by and watching him.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:05 pm

Red faced but if in anger or embarrassment Vanya could not tell, the guard hobbled off down the street. He did look back to where she had been a few times but he didn’t pause or stop to see where she had gone.

-------------------------------------

Aragon had left but he hadn’t gone far. He was in amongst a small group of trees just to the side of the street that led away from the courtyard. Most of the morning patrol had left in a small group on foot down the street but two of the men, one a short, stocky fellow with long, dark hair and eyes, the other a fairly tall man that looked fairly strong and well built. They turned after the line of houses across from Aragorn that sat across from the courtyard. The two men moved behind the houses then ducked into the first alley that led southward toward the less savory quarter of Bree. Aragon followed but kept his distance.

--------------------------------------

The guard had moved a few blocks down the street then turned south toward the less savory part of town. The more poorer folk lived here as well as most of the homeless. Beggars some male and some female stood and rattled cups on several corners and the streets were filled with people going about their daily business. Along the street a woman in a dingy, yellow dress played a kind of fiddle for coins and as someone tossed a coin toward her she paused to snatch it out of the air lest it bounced away from her. Children stood nearby in ragged clothes with dirty, hungry faces. As the guard moved down the alley a beggar came up to him and ratted his cup. As he did the guard harshly shoved the beggar away from him.

“Get off me ya filthy animal!’ The guard barked then turned down another alley that led him behind some of the larger buildings on the street that looked like they could be warehouses. As she followed however Vanya began to feel as if she herself were being followed. However each time she looked back there was no one there. As she continued down the alley the feeling grew and it wasn’t long before a strong feeling of dread began to creep down into her spine.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:21 pm

The further into the poorer part of the town they went the more sure Vanya was that she was following the right guard. She kept back a ways, but was close enough to ensure she knew exactly where he was going. She moved in the shadows and continued to keep the hood of her cloak pulled up around her face. No one took notice of her as she moved. However, her eyes were aware of her surroundings as she continued to watch the guard.

As she began to follow the guard down another alley leading towards some warehouses a cold feeling crept up her spine. She couldn't shake the feeling that she was being followed. She turned and looked back behind her, but no one was there. A feeling of dread began to form in the pit of her stomach and her heart began to beat a little harder in her chest. Her eyes scanned the alley behind her one more time before she turned to begin to follow the guard once more.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:07 am

The two guardsmen appeared to be talking amongst themselves but Aragorn was to far behind them to pick up what they were saying. Like a panther in the shadows he trailed behind them and before long he was led to an area of the town where large granaries and warehouses sat. There was a strong scent of millet or barley in the air and something else that tickled his nose. The smell of rot or decay. Not very strong at first but as the two men moved down the street the unpleasant scent grew stronger. After they had passed several of the smaller buildings the two men turned into another alley behind one of the larger ones. It was there that Aragorn noticed that there were few people here. Where there had been workers loading or unloading boxes or sacks or hawkers and beggars.Now there was almost no one to be seen nearby save for the two that he followed.

------------------------------------------------------------

As Vanya waited she spied two men, guardsmen by the look of them. They appeared from the street then turned down a dark alley and disappeared behind a tall wooden fence that lined the backs of a large granary next to the larger warehouse. As she continued to look that way from her perch across the opposite side of the street she saw Aragorn turn down that same alley obviously following them. Just before she could move however her attention was drawn to activity at the front of the warehouse. 3 men, two who had a very unsavory look about them and one man who she had seen before stepped out of the warehouse and met with the guardsman she had been following. Her elven eyes scanned over the 3 newcomers and she now knew where she had seen that third man before. She had seen him at the Pony. He was ruggedly handsome and dressed in a dark jerkin and pants and had a short sword and sword breaker on his hip. He had told them about where Kara usually hung out. Her elven ears could not pick out everything that was said but she did catch a few things.

“You’re a fool!....Comin here was…..Well you’ll ave ta see….We know…..I found the girl…..” The guard appeared to try and explain to the tall man but in doing so he backhanded the guard across the face then pointed back toward the street. With his head hung low the guardsman turned back and began to walk away. The three that remained spoke a bit more between them and then the tall man seemed to turn and look in her direction but his gaze did not seem to linger long. It could have been a cursory glance as he seemed to scan all across the street as well. He paused to continue to look around as the two others disappeared back into the building then he himself stepped back inside.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:50 am

Vanya’s eyes were suddenly drawn to movement back down by the street. As she looked over, she spied two guardsmen who turned and walked down another alley and disappeared behind a long, wooden fence lining the back of the large granary. A moment later she spotted Aragorn, who appeared to be following the men. She began to take a step to move in that direction to meet up with Aragorn when a third movement caught her eye. Her gaze turned towards the front of the warehouse where five men were gathered. One was the guardsman she had been following, three were men she had never seen before, but who had a rather unpleasant look about them, and the fifth was a man she recognized. He had been the man at the Prancing Pony who had told Aragorn and herself about Kara. She was now curious as to how he was tied into this whole affair. She wanted to move closer in order to hear better, but she didn’t want to give herself away. She remained where she was, hidden by shadow, but listened as closely as she could to what the men were saying. She didn’t pick up much, but the name “Cormin” was mentioned and she had a feeling that this might be the man she and Aragorn were after.

As the men stepped inside the warehouse Vanya waited until they had all disappeared into the building before stepping out of the shadows. She quietly moved around to the area where she had seen Aragorn disappear and eventually found him.

“I think we have found their hideout,” Vanya said to him quietly. “Do you remember the man from the Prancing Pony who told us where we could find Kara? I spied him with a few other men interrogating the guardsman I was following. I didn’t hear much of what they said, but the name ‘Cormin’ was mentioned.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:16 am

Aragorn was nearly started by the soft, familiar voice that spoke to him as he watched the two guardsmen enter the large warehouse. So much so that his hand had gripped the hilt of his sword. The building, made up of dark, sun-faded timbers and pocked iron looked ominous though part of that observation was do to how he was feeling right then. The moment he started down the alley he had a sensation of foreboding. As if something dark and sinister was nearby. As he saw her approach he relaxed. As if he had made some kind of decision he nodded as if to himself then turned to face her. With a nod he motioned to a break in the fence and drew Vanya over to hunker down behind the fence with him. It would not do to be seen and considering how few people were about, they’d definitely attract eyes if they lingered too long. He dropped down to a squat and waited for Vanya to do the same.

“I think this is the place,” He said in a soft, but grave voice. His eyes had that look they always took on before he was about to do violence. Elves expressions never took on such changes but his eyes always had a way of showing her what he was going to do before he did it. As he paused to look at her though they softened suddenly as he looked at her.

“I want to marry you Vanya. Whatever the future holds for us. I know you don’t have the mind to...be a wife, settle down and have children. But I want that for us. I can’t say that I want to be a King but somehow I think the world will eventually chivvy me into it. I would have you beside me when that happens,” He said though it was clear he was going to say more. “I...need you beside me,” he added and then let out a relieved sigh as if he had been holding those words inside of himself for a very long time.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:25 am

Even though she stood next to the man she loved, she couldn’t shake the feeling that something…sinister was nearby. Her eyes scanned the area around them again, but once more she spotted nothing. She tried to push the feeling from her heart, but instead of fading the icy cold feeling only grew. Perhaps her feelings had something to do with what she and Aragorn were about to do in that building, but she didn’t think so. She had never felt that way before, so why would she now. No, it was something different.

She knew that Aragorn had come to the same conclusion she had and she followed him through a break in the fence to the opposite side where they wouldn’t be seen by prying eyes. She squatted down beside him and felt there was something on his mind. She remained quiet, but what he said next surprised her.

I want to marry you Vanya.

Those words rung in her ears. She hadn’t realized until that moment how much she had wanted to hear him say it. She knew in the end that she would not be the one to marry him or bear his children. Her death was pre-destined and there was nothing she could do to stop it. However, she wanted to say yes…to just know what it would feel like.

“Yes, Aragorn…yes. I would be honored to be your wife.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:07 pm

Without delaying Aragorn leaned forward and kissed her. This action brought his right knee onto the ground as he cupped his hands around her face. It was a long, passionate kiss though her lips felt cool pressed upon his own. He was a furnace inside and his heart beat quickly do to the adrenaline that coursed through his veins right then. The asking took alot to do and though he wasn’t a fearful man, he was more afraid that she would deny him than he had been when he faced Trolls or even that Nazgul. It was almost painful to release her but they did have work yet to be about. It was then that he began to smell smoke.

---------------------------------------------------

“What the…” He exclaimed and the two of them raced back out into the alley toward the street. One corner of the building was smoldering and already a few flames licked up at the wood there as if someone had thrown lamp oil upon the building. It was Vanya who spotted her. Kara in her hooded cloak backed up into the street. Though Aragorn’s eyes could not see her face, Vanya certainly could. The girl had a dark grin of a smile. A twisted smile, a vengeful smile. “Ya don know what they done!” She said and her voice was uncomfortably loud. Aragorn looked about nervously and he gestured toward her to come to them as they stood at the intersection of the street and the alley. She wiped tears from her face and dropped the small, clay jar that held the oil she used. “Vanya...this is madness...madness to remain here,” Aragorn said in an urgent tone.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:26 pm

Seeing the look of relief and happiness on Aragorn’s face brought Vanya the happiness she sought. She wanted to make him happy, even if only for a short while. Despite the nearby dangers she closed her eyes and returned his kiss. Feeling his hands upon her face and his lips against her own brought her comfort and a feeling of being truly loved. This moment meant more to her than any moment had before.

She wanted the kiss to go on forever, but she knew that they had a gruesome task yet to complete. As their lips parted Aragorn’s scent was replaced by the smell of smoke. Jumping to her feet, Vanya raced behind Aragorn back down the alley and onto the street. As they turned the corner Vanya could see flames beginning to engulf the building and off to the side stood a familiar form. Vanya was stunned by Kara’s course of action, but could also understand why the girl had taken matters into her own hands. She and Aragorn had the means to leave Bree, and would leave Bree. This girl had to live in this town and had young children under her care. She looked over at Aragorn when he began to urge that they leave. She knew that the fire would begin to draw unwanted attention very quickly. She and Aragorn needed to flee.

“Go Kara,” she told the young girl. “Leave this place now.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:48 pm

As more seconds slid by Aragorn turned to look back at the building. The flames were now about half way up and spread even further. Kara shook her head and raised a fist up at the building.

“Damn you all!” She cried up at the building and Aragorn heard the sound of a bowstring snap. The arrow took Kara in the leg and she twisted with the impact and landed on her side with a pained cry. Vanya ran up toward Kara as Aragorn tried to see where it had come from but his search was cut short with 3 shapes that existed the front of the building. The man he recognized tossed a shortbow aside and it landed on the steps that led down onto the street.

“Well, I truly appreciate you bringing the girl to me. She has been exceedingly difficult to find where she has been holed up,” He said and it was then that Aragorn noticed the change in him. He no longer spoke as if he barely knew how and his gait and stance was more of a relaxed saunter. Two more men in the livery of the guardsmen bolted out form the large, double doors with large pails of water. They splashed them up against the building but it did little good. The flames had traveled up to the ceiling and soon the entire building would be a bonfire.

“Kill the woman...bring the girl,” The man said as he unsheathed his sword and sword breaker. One of the guards moved as if to run at Aragorn but the man held up his sword at him. “This one is mine...the girl...if you please,” He said with a commanding politeness and all 4 men, two that looked like thugs and two that were guardsmen unsheathed their weapons and moved toward Vanya.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:16 pm

Vanya was about to turn to Aragorn and tell him they should leave when she suddenly heard the all too familiar snap of a bowstring. Kara was hit in the leg and cried out as she fell to the ground. Vanya immediately rushed over to the injured girl’s side but knew they weren’t going to get out of this without a fight. The men emerged from the firey building and advanced towards them. Vanya knew she needed to protect this girl. These men weren’t going to leave her alone while they still drew breath.

As four of the men moved towards her, Vanya stood. One second she had nothing in her hands and in the next she was fully armed with a bow and nocked arrow. She didn’t hesitate but fired at the man furthest to the left. She struck him dead in the center of his chest. Not pausing for a moment she pulled out another arrow and killed a second man. She paused for a moment to glance over at Aragorn.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:33 pm

“It’s been a while since I’ve had a good fight,” The man said as they each in turn sized one another up. Aragorn drew his sword and it gleamed a bluish tint in the light that the fire gave off. It was no ordinary blade but what it was made from was not going to decide who wins and who dies Aragorn thought.

“Impressive...can you use it?” The man said with a confident grin and then he lurched forward and attacked.

With a startled grunt the first thug grasped at the arrow that was in his chest. He fell back but did not die immediately. The next had only taken a step toward her when her arrow took him in the throat. He fell back as well and gurgled as he tried to breath out of his ruined throat. There were only the two guardsmen left and they hurriedly stepped into a run toward her in hopes they could cut the distance before the woman could get another shot off. They both held short swords and growled at her as they engaged her.

Aragorn wasn’t surprised at the rogue’s suddenness and he took a step back as his larger, longer blade deflected the incoming blows. The man was quick and with lighter blades Aragon knew he was going to have a tough time escaping this dual unscathed. The man was strong and had quick wrists. Before long dark patches appeared where Aragorn had been hit. A cut on the ball of his left shoulder. A slice on his forearm. A scratch on his chin and no matter how Aragorn pressed he could not seem to hit the man who moved so quick by the time his sword came in at him he was already reposting the blow. After yet another exchange the man scored a gash low on Aragorn’s calf and Aragorn had been forced back. Already he felt wetness in his boot and confidently the man paused in his attack to smirk at him.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:50 pm

Vanya watched Aragorn fight the other man for a moment and was surprised that Aragorn’s being beaten. This man was extremely well trained and worry began to fill Vanya’s heart. She wanted to help him, but going to him would leave Kara unprotected. For a brief moment she had forgotten about the other two men until they were suddenly upon her. She no longer had any distance to easily fire an arrow. She discard her now and pulled out her longer daggers from her belt. Vanya moved quickly and with fluid agility. Her fighting was deadly and her strength was that of a man. She felt the sting of a blade as it cut into her right side and blood began to trickle down her hip. As one man tried to attack her from the front she managed to kick him back. He faltered and she threw one of her blades into his stomach. She then turned towards the last man with one blade in her hand.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:13 pm

The guardsman attacked full force using his weight to press into Vanya. However Kara tripped him at the ankle and he staggered toward Vanya though off balance.

Aragorn staggered openly as he defended the rogue’s strikes. The rogue’s obvious confidence which bordered on arrogance felt certain that he had him now. He readied his swordbreaker and as Aragorn came in with a thrust he placed his swordbreaker thus and then twisted it to break Aragorn’s sword. However the sword did not break and Aragorn put the full force of his body into that thrust and his sword pushed past the swordbreaker and slid deep into the man’s heart. The man’s eyes grew wide in surprise and then he fell back and slid off of Aragorn’s sword.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:40 pm

Vanya's long dagger thrust up and into the guardman's chest. He fell forward towards her and with a single shove she pushed him back the opposite way, letting his body fall free of her bloody dagger. She looked over just in time to see Aragorn's sword slide into the final man's heart. She was still bleeding from the wound on her side, but she barely noticed it. She was simply relieved that he was alright. She walked over to pull her other dagger out of the third man she had killed before retrieving her two arrows. All would need to be cleaned of the blood later.

She walked back over to Kara and had her sit down with her injured leg stretched out. She pulled out the arrow with one quick movement and wrapped the wound with a spare piece of clean cloth she took from one of the guardsmen's clothes.

"I hope that no one will bother you or the others now," she told her.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:32 pm

Aragorn was prepared to run up to her but when the last guardsman was down he paused then bent to clean his sword on the dead rogue’s jerkin. Before he could sheath it however there was a large crash from atop the warehouse. Wood and glass splintered outward and a dark shape leapt out then landed hard on the ground near them. It was all clad in black and it smoldered as if it had been harmed from the flames. It looked right at Aragorn and it took out its large, black blade.

“You! Your like a dog on a scent little man! Its time to die!” It hissed and moved with a limp toward Aragorn seemingly ignoring Vanya for the moment.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next