The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Time Flies

2 posters

Go down

How Time Flies Empty How Time Flies

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:47 am

...Two years later Kressara stood over yet another Gondorian soldier that she had "taken down" in practice. Her reputation as being almost unbeatable had spread quickly and now men flocked to her to fight her and see just how good she really was. This newest man, who was incidentally a high ranking soldier who had spent half of his life training with a sword, she had taken down so quickly that it had almost been boring, but Kressara never shied away from a fight. She took every opportunity to learn and continue to grow as a swordswoman. The day after that sparring match with Havan, Kressara had emerged a different fighter and within six months she had become good enough to take Havan down in a rematch. It had just taken that one sparring match to release the intuition and natural skills locked within her and both Conleth and Serethiel had been astounded by her progress. In addition to swordsmanship, Kressara was also a highly skilled archer thanks to her grandmother and could easily hit a moving target from atop a galloping horse. However, the weapon she gravitated to the most was her sword. It had become apart of her very soul and she was rarely seen without it.

In addition to her skills, Kressara's beauty had also become well known and half the men who came to fight her also came just to see her. However, Kressara's loyalty to Havan ran deep and she thought of no one else. She and Havan had been courting for two years now and although it was known that he wished to marry her they both decided to wait until her training was complete so she could remain focused on it. She loved Havan and believed that he was the man she had seen in her visions that would help her stop this war. Although they had decided to wait to get married, they had not waited to become lovers, which had happened almost a year ago. Despite it being a "secret" Kressara was sure that her parents knew, but thankfully they never said anything. She feared becoming pregnant and had immediately begun staying "stay birth" herbs. She and Havan were seen out in public on a regular occasion and Havan had been extremely supportive during her training, even stepping in and helping out on occasion. She loved him and couldn't wait to marry him...although she hoped he fully understood what he would be getting into.

Kressara looked down at the soldier and slowly removed the tip of her blade so he could get up. His cheeks were red with embarrassment, but he shook her hand and congratulated her before departing. Kressara watched him go before walking over to where her grandfather and grandmother had been watching.

"Maybe I should have gone easier on him. That was almost too easy."

Last edited by XslvrstarX on Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

How Time Flies Empty Re: How Time Flies

Post by Conleth Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:46 am

“You seem...unsettled Kressara,” Conleth said as she approached him. He wore an off white tunic with the sleeves rolled and tucked up to his forearms and dark gray pants and black boots. He was tall, his back straight and though he was aged he still had traces of black hair in amongst the white and sable. He was fairly thin of build now but solid. “You worry about Havan?” He asked as he looked over her sword. She had beaten her opponent easily but he saw that her heart wasn’t really into training today.

Havan had been stationed on Gondor’s southern border for the last month and little word had come from there recently. Messengers were often killed and information was slow in coming if it came at all. At the same time Eomer’s forces have had their hands full as well from the East. Invaders that crossed the Sea of Rhun had begun to press Westward and Eomer’s horsemen together with the Northmen were pitched into a bitter battle to force them back.

“He is a resourceful man, no news is usually good news,” Serethiel said as she knitted. She was working on two pairs of mittens for Cassian and Alistair, Eldarion and Calista’s twin boys who had just turned 2 a few days ago. It was in the middle of spring but she liked to stay ahead of things. “Besides, the stay birth herbs tend to fatigue the mind over time,” She said in little more than a whisper. Not for Conleth’s ears. Serethiel had been a source for Kressara obtaining those to keep what she was doing more of a secret though they both knew Nauriel knew about her and Havan and how they had been carrying on for the past year. They had spoken about it at length and though Nauriel didn’t approve she wouldn’t stop her if she was willing to deal with the consequences should anything happen.

“Your father can’t pick and choose which men get sent where. That is for his Generals to decide. If he dies it will be an honorable death, in the service of his King,” Conleth said plainly. Serethiel shot him a harsh look. “What? Reality is not something to hide from wife. Death is just another leg to ‘the journey’ we all must take,” he said. Ofcourse the men knew nothing about what the women were doing. Especially Elessar. If he had known Havan would be stationed as far away and for as long as he could manage it, for certain sure.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:58 am

It was difficult for Kressara to be apart from Havan and for so long. She worried about him and could only hope that he was alright. Around her neck hung a necklace he had given her for her last birthday and she unconsciously reached up and touched it. She had not taken it off since and would keep it protected under her clothes during training. That and the fletching guard he had given her the first day they had kissed were the two most precious things she owned. Every night she hoped when she awoke she would find Havan had returned, but she was disappointed each morning. She had seriously been considering just going there herself, but she knew her father wouldn't allow it. However, she was starting to become restless. She felt as if there was more she needed to be doing. Her training was basically complete and she was a far better fighter than most of the men out there and yet she was trapped inside the city. She was beginning to feel like a caged animal.

"Why can't I just go to the southern border? Hasn't this been what my training is for? Why must I remain here?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:41 pm

“Well, for starters your father would never allow it. You life is far more important than a soldier’s. A difficult thing to say but your duty as a daughter of a Dunedain, is to produce children and keep the old blood alive. The more children produced, the more men and women born with the innate ability to become the leaders of men. The less...the more chance that our future leaders are of common blood and prone to greed, deceit and selfishness,” Conleth said as he took his ease in the shade of the nearby tree. Training her was hot work and it was quite warm today.

“The Harad is a volatile place right now child but...but if I may ‘disagree’ with my husband,” She said and took hold of Kressara’s hand and looked up into her eyes. “You must go and soon,” she said as if she knew something no one else did. In truth she did know. If she did not go, Havan would die and set in motion a new series of events. Serethiel had the gift of foretelling, sometimes but on this she had seen much. So many possibilities but this one point was key. Havan had to live here and now for the rest to happen.

The gray rock hid them well enough but the Haradrim patrols were numerous. They had killed one and taken up their uniforms but now they doubled up on their numbers where that one had not returned. It was a hot, muggy day and the sun seemed to bake them as they hunkered down amongst the rocks that surrounded them like sentinels that looked outward from their perch just above the hills. Their provisions were growing scarce as was their water. Men with dirty on their faces and tired eyes held bows, swords and shields as they waited for ‘an opportunity’ to get further North. The Haradrim had surprised his commander and his 2 squads had become separated with the main fighting force. He and his men, now only 8 from nearly 18, had fought like cornered mountain cats, nearly felling double their number. Havan looked back at the others. “Corvil, how’s Emran?” he asked. “Bad sir, we staunched the wound but he’s bleeding from the inside. I doubt he’ll live through the night,” Corvil said, his second in command. “Pity that, we will need his sword to find ourselves clear of this place. “Lain, Darlan...save what food we have left until this afternoon. Eat and drink whats left, we’re going to make a run for it tonight if Emran dies,” He said. The men nodded but their eyes looked hunted and afraid. The Haradrim were not pushovers in battle by any means and they had seen many of their comrades die.

“Captain Goralind was a fool!” Lain said and spat to the side. Goralind had led them all right into it and he had been among the first to be killed. “That will be all Lain, do not speak poorly of the dead!” Havan said. “Lest you invite their fate onto yourself and i’ve lost enough men already,” he said. He hoped Emran died today so that they could leave. He felt horrible for thinking that but he had 7 men counting on him to see them home.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:12 pm

Kressara wasn't sure what the point of her training was if she was to be confined to the palace and married to produce children. She knew in her heart that that was not where she belonged. She knew it as strongly as she knew water was wet. She belonged out in Middle Earth fighting in this war. Her mother had known it since the day she was born and she knew it as well. She looked at her grandmother and gave a little nod, but quietly wondered what she knew that she wasn't telling her. However, she did not stand around to ask her. She instead grabbed her bow and quiver and her sword and rushed to the stables. She very quickly saddled her large, black stallion and took off as fast as she could through the stone streets. Once she had passed through the final gate and was on flat ground she urged her horse into a full run. He was fast and had long legs that carried her quickly. She made her way South, hoping that she wouldn't be too late.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:53 pm

Serethiel smiled at her husband. “You dearest, played your part well. You did as good as put her on her horse yourself,” She said. “I did nothing my heart, only pointed out a choice though I knew she would not take that path,” he said and rubbed his head.

“You trained her well my love and she will succeed...she had our blood, after all,” She said as she nuzzled up into him and groped his butt. Conleth grinned at her. “You play a dangerous game my heart,” he said as they watched a dark streak, Kressara’s horse race southward away from the white walls. “I am feeling that I need my husband tonight,” she said as she kissed his neck and took in his scent. “Then you shall have him my heart,” Conleth said as the horse faded from his sight.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:53 pm

ooc: New Thread

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down