To be Trusted

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: To be Trusted

Post by Conleth on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:38 am

I can’t tell you that, he sent as he continued to watch these people look like fools as they stumbled around. They bumped into one another and knocked barrels over but it was the same for him when he learned to live in the dark. You’ll need to learn this too, he added mentally. He watched as the debacle continued and he was content to let them stumble around for a while. Amy was one of the people in this first group and seeing bella over there an idea came to him right then.

“Ok, blindfolds off!” he barked as he set his mug down then moved over to them. “Amy, right?” he said in a very light tone and indeed he smiled at her. In turn she smiled at him and spots of color bloomed in her cheeks. “And Bella...come forward...please,” he asked as he shifted to turn around and look at everyone as he waited for Bella to move up.

“You three, move all but one barrel away,” he ordered in a less patient tone this time but no one seemed to complain and soon there was only one barrel all by itself with the others rolled out and away behind everyone. He smiled as he came up to Amy again. “Ok, now lets put the blindfold back on you,” he said and more color bloomed in her cheeks as he had to touch her to put it on properly. Nathan then spun her around three times then put his hands on her shoulders to settle her still. ‘Alright, good...good,” he said approvingly. Amy was smiling alot now. “Now Bella, I want you to guide her to it...if you can,” he said and made his tone more of a challenge than anything else.

Conleth
Admin

http://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:46 am

OOC-Is he wanting her to guide her aloud or using her mental powers?

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:48 am

ooc: yes but she might not think that right off.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:56 am

Bella was rather intrigued by what was happening, but also a little irritated that she still didn't know what was going on. Clearly, Nathan knew much more than she did now and she couldn't help but wonder if whatever it was involved her. When Nathan beckoned her to come over she did and she watched as he re-applied Amy's blindfold and then spun her around three times. When he then told her that she would have to guide Amy to the barrel she looked at him slightly before looking at the barrel and then at Amy.

"Alright Amy, the barrel is behind you so you will need to turn around first..."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth on Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:03 am

Nathan’s eyes took on a glib look when Bella began to speak and he grunted. “No! Not like that!” He barked but in a mocking tone meant to lighten the mood and several in the crowd laughed. He touched his temple and then Amy’s. “With your mind...show her what you see...do...whatever it is you do and ‘see’ what she is seeing, guide her to the barrel,” he repeated annoyedly.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX on Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:13 am

Bella's face flushed slightly with embarrassment and she became angry at Nathan. However, she decided to use that anger to her advantage. It gave her a rush of energy that she knew she would need for what Nathan didn't know was that using her powers in such a way was very draining of her own energy. She closed her eyes and connected her mind to Amy's. She had never done anything like this before, but was determined not to fail in front of Nathan. Once she knew their minds were connected, she opened her eyes and focused her energy on the barrel. Amy was now able to see through her eyes. The sensation was strange and unnerving for Bella and she quickly felt her energy begin to drain. To everyone's amazement, Amy began to walk towards the barrel. Bella had to use every bit of energy she had to keep her mind connected to Amy's in such a way and by the time Amy reached the barrel and Bella pulled her mind back from Amy's she nearly collapsed into Nathan's arms.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth on Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:26 am

One look at Bella and Nathan put his arm around her shoulders to steady her. “Excellent work! Now that is all for today!” He said loudly and dismissed them. “Here, drink,” he said softly as he watched them all leave. He hadn’t noticed Amy looking at him in a way that someone so young should not be looking at a man his age. She bit her lip as her mind worked out what it would be like for him to be kissing her right then. It was the other girls that brought her out of her daydream and left them alone. After they were moved away he felt Bella’s forehead.

“Your...uh, abilities...they weaken you?” he asked but knew the answer to that. It was different for him though, almost the opposite. He drew strength from the shadows he controlled. “Do you grow stronger, the more you use your abilities?” he asked hopefully.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX on Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:33 am

Bella leaned against Nathan and unknowingly she breathed in his musky scent. Somehow, feeling his arm around her brought her comfort and strength and she slowly began to recover. She took a sip of his ale and a warmth traveled through her body.

"I've never done anything like that before. The longer my mind is connected to someone else's the weaker I become. I suppose if I did this everyday overtime I would grow stronger. Unfortunately, my powers can be unpredictable ."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:17 pm

Nathan listened but wasn’t exactly certain he understood. Indeed her needing him right then made him feel..strong and powerful for some reason. Her apparent weakness made him feel as if she really did indeed need him and that what the Oracle had told him was beginning to happen. Those thoughts were fleeting though as she mentioned her powers again.

“How so?” he asked. It was important to know her limitations. She was key to stopping what was coming and she needed to be alot stronger, he suspected, than she seemed right then.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX on Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:57 pm

After a few moments Bella was able to stand again. She felt rather embarrassed about the entire situation to be honest. She looked at Nathan and sighed a little.

"Well, if I have nightmares I can cause the entire mansion to tremble or worse. If I become overly emotional things have been known to fly around. Father says my powers are still growing, which is unusual, and it's been difficult for me to fully harness them. I believe I can though with the proper training."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth on Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:22 am

ooc:new thread

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content