The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Home

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A New Home Empty A New Home

Post by Conleth Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:04 am

Calaren looked on as Narisa greeted her grandparents. It was touching to watch as the Lord and Lady of Gehenna kissed and hugged her. A testimate to how close their family was. He liked that and in truth had wanted that from his own family but it just wasn't their way. It was Conleth that gave him a ‘discerning’ eye. 

“And this must be...Captain Harkriss,” Conleth said as he shifted and stepped up to him. He shook his hand and looked back at Narisa. “In what manner do you arrive Narisa?” He asked all of a sudden. He had seen something pass between Narisa and Calaren and now the question was called. Calaren cringed inwardly and wished they had a bit more time before having to bring everything out in the open.

“Conleth!” Serethiel snapped. “Perhaps that could wait? Our granddaughter has arrived,” she said and gave him a hard look. She missed all of her family terribly and wanted to talk to Narisa about all that has been happening. “Why don't you help..Calaren? Stable the horses,” She said then turned back to Narisa. “How bout some tea dear?” she said as she took her by the shoulder and hugged her again.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

A New Home Empty Re: A New Home

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:09 pm

Unfortunately, Narisa and Calaren had not discussed the status of their relationship, nor what they were going to tell her grandparents before arriving in Gehenna. While Narisa knew that they were going to marry, what she was not sure of was whether or not they were considering themselves engaged since he had not officially proposed yet. She wasn't even entirely sure if he was even going to since they both knew that they were going to marry. There were suddenly a lot of questions up in the air that Narisa did not know the answers to. And so when her grandfather suddenly began to question her about the nature of her relationship with Calaren she felt herself begin to panic a little. Thankfully, her grandmother came to the rescue very quickly and Narisa gave Calaren a relieved glance. She could only hope that her grandfather would not question Calaren further while they were stabling the horses. She walked with her grandmother to their manor which was perched up on a hill overlooking the entire village. While it was much larger than the other houses in the village, it still had a cozy, warm and inviting feeling to it and Narisa felt immediately at home. She went into the kitchen to help her grandmother with the tea.

"I'm sorry that I didn't let you know that I was coming. I didn't really know I was coming until a few days ago. I hope it will not be inconvenient for me to stay with you for a time until...well until other arrangements are made."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:53 am

Serethiel listened intently to all that Narisa had said and was quite tickled at such a surprise visit. However...being who she was she detected something under the surface of it all. Loss, heartache and love. Her love for this Calaren she was certain. 

“So, since this is not you eloping, has this man asked for your hand? Is your intent on being married here Narisa? She asked directly. “Better you tell it straight so I can help you,” she added. She did not sense that Narisa was with child nor that there was any kind of deceit involved. Which was for the good. Eomer was many things, but forgiving at such disrespect was not among them. 

Meanwhile Calaren and Conleth spoke of horses and raids and of the building of the wall which had taken a lot of time and manpower to complete. Calaren was pleased that the village was a lot safer now for he intended to settle here. Conleth was impressed by his choice in horseflesh and somehow Talk of Narisa had went by the wayside next to these other topics that Conleth was quite pleased at Calaren’s knowledge and instincts when it came to horses.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:04 pm

Narisa found herself blushing ever so slightly at her grandmother's question. She looked down at her cup of tea for a moment before looking back up at her.

"He has not officially asked me for my hand, but I would consider us engaged. It is a long story..."

Narisa then went on to tell her grandmother the entire story. She started from the very beginning and told her of her relationship with Eagan and then how Eagan left to go train in Minas Tirith. She explained how she had once been involved in a relationship with Calaren, but had not seen him in a while when her father one day invited him to dinner. She had been refusing all marriage proposals and her father had grown tired of it, but she had not been able to tell him of her relationship with Eagan because of a promise she had made him. She told her grandmother that she then fell back in love with Calaren and was then in love with them both. With her voice wavering a little, she spoke of the village and how she was injured and then saved by Calaren. She knew she loved them both...and, to be honest, Calaren even more, but she had promised that she would marry Eagan.

"I would have married Eagan, but on our way back to Edoras we were attacked and he...he was killed defending me. I was heartbroken and lost and unsure of what to do. I knew that Calaren was planning on coming here to raise horses and he desperately wanted me to go with him, but at first I wasn't sure if I would. But then I discovered the gift he had gotten for me as a bride gift...that beautiful horse I rode in on and I knew then that I had to go with him. I packed a bag and met him just as he was leaving and so now we are going to start our new lives together here."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:56 pm

Serethiel listened and the more Narisa had told her the more she began to understand. Her granddaughter’s story was one of love, honor, loss and the fight to have what she wants. She could not blame her at all for where she was but that said there were two things that had to happen. “First, Calaren will need to propose and next we need to get you two married...and quickly,” she said knowing full well now that they had been together. Only trouble came from such arrangements and Conleth would not allow such to continue...once he found out about it. The man was implacable once he set his heels down. She would not be at odds with him if it could at all be avoided.

“Will you speak to Calaren or shall I?” She said simply. “For now you two will stay here. I’d suggest on remaining...discreet until we can get you married, yes?” She said.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:29 pm

"No, I will speak to him," Narisa said very quickly. The last thing she wanted was for either her grandmother or grandfather to speak to him about all of this. It would very awkward way to begin their family relationship. She spoke to her grandmother for a little while longer before they got her things brought in and put into one of the rooms. She then went out to find Calaren in order to speak to him.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:05 am

Calaren was not easy to find he was in the stables adding hay to the stalls and setting them up for their horses. Normally a hand or two would do this but Calaren wanted things his way and so he wanted to do everything himself. Conleth passed her as she entered and he smiled and spoke a greeting as he continued on to the house.

Calaren was quite pleased to see Narisa. He paused with the pitchfork in his hand and had worked up a sweat in setting up the stalls. He smiled at her and his eyes shown in a loving light as if he could take her now here in the stables. He removed a white handkerchief from his pocket and wiped his brow dry.

“We made it Narisa...we’re here!” he said and dropped the fork then moved to lift her up in his arms. He spun her around as he lifted her above him then let her down. He was all a glow with happiness as he kissed her...quite passionately.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:55 am

Narisa wasn't surprised to find Calaren already in the stables working. He was rather particular about their horses and she quite liked that. She smiled at her grandfather as he passed and the fact that he seemed in a good mood gave her hope that things had gone well between them. She waited until her grandfather was gone before she approached Calaren. She smiled happily at him and laughed as he picked her up and spun her around. She wrapped her arms around him and kissed him back as feelings of relief and pure happiness flowed through her. Slowly, she pulled back and looked at him.

"So, things went well with my grandfather?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:14 pm

Calaren gave her a quizzical look, as if he didn’t understand what she was talking about. “Why? Why shouldn’t things go well? He is very pleased with the horses we’ve brought and he thinks the mare should be ready soon…” he began than paused due to her expresion. She looked as if she was waiting for something else to be said and he chuckled as he continued to hold her.

“‘We,’ never came up. Apparently he had been anxious for me to arrive as his mare is ready and needs our stud...soon. Odd how things just seem to work out. So, how have you and Lady Serethiel been getting on well? What did she say? Our house is not ready but i didn’t expect it to be,” he added and just kept going. “I had meant to speak to him...you know, about us but I...uh….got distracted I guess,” He said and let her go. “I’ll go right now,” he said as he began to slip past her toward the large doors. He was worried that he had left all of this with them go too long and he needed to set it all straight...and soon.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:36 pm

Narisa could see the happiness fade from his face. It was replaced by worry and fear and she immediately grabbed his arm before he could walk away. She hated that she had upset him. It had not been her intention.

"Calaren, please wait. I didn't mean to worry you with that question. I only wanted to make sure that you and my grandfather were getting along. He can be a hard man sometimes and is very protective of the women in this family. However, because you both love horses I didn't think there would be any problems. I did talk to my grandmother and I must confess that I told her everything...well almost everything. She thinks we should be married soon...but I told her that you hadn't even had time to propose yet...."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:45 pm

Calaren allowed her to haul him back and her words had begun to soothe his concerns until she mentioned what she had shared with her grandmother. He stammered at how to respond and also became a little angry. He HAD asked her and she refused him. Why was it so important now? She had come of her own free will, did he NEED to ask her...AGAIN? She would begin to see that stubborn set of his jaw fall into place.

“I did ask you and you refused my proposal. Now we are both here. I didn’t force you to come,” he said though it all came out wrong due to the fact that he was more than a little hurt and angry. Those feelings were still there in his heart though he thought them long gone...until now. “Do you have any idea how that felt?” He said as his eyes moved down to the floor at her feet.

Calaren was a few years older than she but still a broken heart hurt...alot. And now he was not in any kind of mood to acquiesce to any kind of proper proposal though part of him wanted to.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:03 pm

From the look in her eyes it would be clear to Calaren that Narisa had not been expecting this kind of reaction. She struggled with how to respond. She had not meant to hurt him. She had only meant to clarify the current status of their relationship. She had been assuming they were engaged without needing a proposal, but suddenly doubt had come into her mind. Perhaps she shouldn't assume such a thing.

"I...I'm sorry Calaren. I...I had never meant to hurt you. I wanted to say yes to you more than you could ever understand and having to turn you away...it...it nearly killed me Calaren..." she said as tears came to her eyes.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:17 pm

Theirs was a unique situation. But there was still doubt in his heart. Hard to set aside when another man was chosen over him. He is gone now but the doubt still lived in his heart to a degree. She had given him everything though. Her body, her heart, her thoughts and left her family and home. Wasn’t that enough for any man? In a cleansing breath Calaren decided that it was. That and he needed to just do this thing if it meant what he thought it did. Yet he still angrily shoved her off of his arm. After a long pause he reached up and tugged free his amulet that bore his family's crest then dropped down onto his knees. With the amulet in his grasp he grabbed her hand with his free one then set it into her palm.

“Narisa Eadig, will...will you please be my wife?” he asked though it was not easy right then for him to swallow his pride. In fact it hurt...alot and oooohhh he was going to make her pay for this...for certain sure she was going to owe him.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:34 pm

Narisa felt more tears come to her eyes when he angrily shoved her off his arm. She dropped her arms to her sides, trying desperately not to cry in front of him. She wanted to heal their relationship and start their new life together off right and things had seemed so much better up until now. Was he ever going to forgive her? Was he ever going to understand that she had loved him more than Eagan? She had been forced to make a choice and she had promised Eagan she would marry him first. What was she supposed to have done?

Narisa was about to walk away when suddenly Calaren reached up and tugged free the amulet he wore around his neck. She knew it bore his family crest. She watched as he put the amulet into her hand and then suddenly dropped down to one knee in front of her. As he proposed she found she could no longer hold back her tears and they began to flow freely. She was close to sobbing as she looked at him.

"Nothing would make me happier in this world Calaren...Yes, I will."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:47 pm

After their engagement was announced Narisa’s grandfather Conleth began to watch Calaren like a hawk. He had already invited them both to live under their roof until their house was finished and after the announcement, Calaren was put in the opposite wing from where Narisa stayed. That and Conleth hardly ever left him alone. Between trying to get the horses to mate, sword practice and helping with the house, Narisa only saw him at mealtimes. Tonight will be their third night in Gehenna and already Serethiel was beginning to teach Narisa what is necessary to keep house. Cooking was an around the clock activity it seemed. Preparing a menu, shopping and then preparation took hours and hours. Luckily Serethiel had already employed two young women to help Narisa and it was important that she learned with them on what exactly they’d need to do. As Narisa learned all of what was required, she also learned what she wanted and how she wanted it. The young women fortunately learned quickly and were eager to please. When these two learned what Narisa wanted, the plan was to add a houseman as well to manage their estate. It was believed that with them in their employ, Narisa would be free to do what she wanted and join Calaren with the upkeep and breeding of their horses.

At dinner Calaren wore a brown suit coat with black pants bloused over his large, black boots. He looked and smelled clean and when his eyes met Narisa’s they looked as if he could devour her first and have room left to eat after. He waited for her and her grandmother to sit before he sat himself. Tonight they would be allowed a little bit of together time after dinner. Something that hadn’t happened since he proposed.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:31 pm

The past three days had been a whirlwind for Narisa. She had barely gotten to see Calaren since their engagement. Her grandfather ensured that he was kept far away from her in the house (which was probably a good thing). No date yet had been set for the wedding, but they both knew they wanted it to happen soon. While Narisa was very happy that there were going to be people helping her in the house so she could be out working with Calaren, she was also glad to learn a few things herself. She would ultimately be in charge of the house and she wanted to know how things were supposed to run. She was relieved that Calaren did not want a traditional wife and instead wanted her out helping him and being his partner in this business. She knew as much as he did about horses and together they made a great team.

It was the end of the third day and Narisa had dressed for dinner. She had helped her grandmother prepare the meal and was eager to see what Calaren thought. She was certainly not a natural cook, but she was quick to learn. She smiled at him across the table, glad to know that they would have a few minutes to themselves after dinner was over. Serethiel took her seat and she smiled at Calaren.

"Narisa helped cook the chicken tonight. She did a wonderful job."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:13 am

“I’m sure it's lovely,” he said as he looked into Narisa’s eyes. She was a sight alright. He was good and truly, completely under her spell right then. Conleth only shook his head and took a bite of the chicken. It was glazed with honey and had sliced pecans in a sweet and slightly spicy clear sauce. He only nodded and raised his brows in surprise as he set to with a will. Calaren only stared at Narisa for a time. Her hair, the neckline of her dress, she was beautiful he thought. “You are beautiful tonight Narisa,” he said...out loud. He knew that was going to make her blush but Serethiel smiled as she sliced into her chicken. And that’s how the meal went for the most part. Calaren kept looking at her as he ate and chewed slowly as if what he was eating was dull in comparison to her and in truth it was to him.

“So your Calaren is quite skilled with the sword. I’ve not seen his like in many years Narisa. Perhaps if you can find the time mylady, you can teach Narisa as well?” he asked though his intent was to try and drum up a little dinner conversation lest these two attack one another right here in the dining room.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:24 am

The chicken dish was a new recipe and Serethiel was happy to see how well her husband was enjoying it. The man was not a picky eater, but he preferred certain dishes that she made. She knew that this was probably going to become one of his new favorites based on how quickly he was eating it. Serethiel, as always, ate much slower and more delicately. Each bite was small in comparison to the bites Conleth took, and she would pause in between each bite.

Narisa normally ate almost as quickly as her grandfather, but she found her grandmother so naturally elegant as she ate that she began to try and mimic what she did. She knew Calaren was staring intently at her and his compliment did indeed make her blush. She smiled at him, quite enjoying the attention she was receiving from him.

"I would love for him to teach me," she replied when her grandfather suggested that Calaren teach her the sword. She let her eyes meet Calaren's across the table and she smiled at him.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:45 am

The meal was most certainly a feast of the senses. The sweetness of the honey glazed chicken, the spice of the sauce, the smell of Narisa’s perfumed body and how soft her hair looked. He blinked when talk of training filtered into his ears. “Narisa is capable of almost anything...I think,” he said and he definitely meant that too. “I think I could….’whip her into shape’ in no time,” he said playfully though his eyes changed the meaning of his words a great deal. He still owed her for making him ask for her hand again. He didn’t like to get on his knees and how he felt right then between the spices and the wine he want to make love to her...roughly.

After dinner they were allowed to be alone on the deck. It was a dark, starlit sky and he pulled her onto his lap as he sat in the double swing that glided slowly back and forth slowly. She was slightly above him now in height and he looked up at her in hopes that she would kiss him.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:31 pm

Narisa felt her face start to turn bright red at Calaren's talk of 'whipping her into shape'. She of course knew the real meaning behind what he was saying and she was glad that neither of her grandparents caught his meaning...or at least said anything about it.

After dinner she sat on his lap with her arms wrapped around his neck. She smiled down at him, but knew that they couldn't take things too far. She kissed him deeply, but lovingly for a long moment before slowly pulling back and looking into his eyes.

"I love you Calaren Harkriss."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:26 pm

“And I love you,” Calaren replied after her initial bout of kisses subsided. “Your chicken was very good but I like your kisses better,” he added and kissed her again. His right hand and arm were busy at holding her but his left hand seemed to go where it wanted to go and if her grandfather was looking which he wasn't if her grandmother had anything to say about it, he’d not like where it was just then rested on her sternum right below her right breast. 

It was a clear, starlit night though a bit muggy and warmer. There was hardly any breeze and Narisa was very warm against him. “I want to marry you...tomorrow. I don't want to wait anymore,” he said as he looked up into her eyes that seemed to sparkle at his words. To not be able to make love to her was maddening for him. Not a great reason to rush things but it was ‘a’ reason. “Do you think your family will come soon? Have you heard back from them?” He asked as if her answer was urgent. His hand slid up to cover her breast and even over her dress it was very warm.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:50 pm

Narisa couldn't help but smile at Calaren when he told her that he wanted to marry her tomorrow. She kissed him again as she felt his left hand slid up and over one of her breasts. She pulled back from the kiss and gently rested her forehead against his. She looked deeply into his eyes.

"Then let's marry tomorrow," she said seriously. "We can be married in a small ceremony and then in a few weeks when my family gets here we can have a larger ceremony for them. I don't want to wait any longer either..."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:24 pm

Calaren smiled brightly and he kissed her over and over as well as touch her provocatively before they had to leave one another's company. The next day he spoke to Conleth first thing and then in only a few short hours he was standing on the dais in his dark green and white suit as he waited for his bride to be to appear. 

Serethiel was wrapping the flowers she had made a bouquet with as she watched Narisa fix the wreath she had made into her hair. In all honesty, she was relieved that her and Calaren were getting this done. She was afraid that they had been...together and that just wouldn't do here nor anywhere. Eomer was such a prickly man. 

“You look so beautiful,” she said as she stood and her face was all smiles as she looked at her granddaughter. So much did Narisa remind her of Lindariel. She had promised herself that she wouldn't cry but something about this day was special. It represented that a fourth generation was on the horizon with this bonding and all that she and Conleth had went through really meant something. And then she handed her the ring she had given to Conleth. It was made of mithril and had two horses facing one another on it. “Your grandfather wanted you to give this to your husband. He thinks very highly of Calaren and hopes that when the time comes you and he might decide to take our places on the council here in Gehenna,” she said with tears in her eyes that still sparkled with happiness. Beren  and Ithilwen were already on the council but he lacked the love and respect that Conleth and Serethiel had for horses.

Last edited by Conleth on Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:24 pm

The following morning Narisa was beside herself with happiness and excitement. She was going to marry Calaren today! She couldn't have been happier and she practically beamed every time she smiled. Serethiel gave Narisa the dress she had worn during her wedding to Conleth and it fit Narisa perfectly. Narisa was rather overwhelmed as she looked at herself in the mirror. She knew that her grandfather had brought it back for her from Minas Tirith after they settled in Gehenna. It was just elegant enough without being overdone. Narisa had her hair pulled half back and then placed the wreath that had been made into her hair. She knew that Calaren was waiting for her and couldn't wait to see him. It was then that her grandmother gave her the ring for her to give to Calaren. She felt a few tears come to her eyes as she realized it had been her grandfather's ring. It was beautiful and she knew Calaren would love it. She put her arms around her grandmother and hugged her tightly.

"Thank you for all you've done for us."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:26 pm

“You are family Narisa and we all take care of our own...that is who we are,” she said as she handed the finished bouquet to her. There were yellow, white and light blue flowers intermixed and it brought out the color of her eyes. Serethiel hugged her back and then took a step back. “Now, it's time for you to be with your new husband. Go to him, he awaits you,” she said and moved to open the door.

The hall was decorated in the same yellow, white and blue flowers with some greenery. Conleth stood up on the dais in the green robe that called out his station and he held the large, white tome that held the words of matrimony that he would speak on their behalf. As Narisa came into view music began to play by several minstrels who sat to the far right and all the people from the town were packed inside the pavilion with an alley through the center for her to walk through. Ithilwen and Beren were there near the end and they each hugged and kissed her cheek and gave her words of encouragement and compliments on her dress. Their children were there as well but remained back as to not delay the ceremony too much.

Calaren wore his sword at his hip and his suit looked crisp and clean. His hair was left loose and feather back to rest as a dark mane on his shoulders. His eyes shined brightly when he saw her and she knew that the light in his eyes was only for her right then. When she arrived Conleth took the golden cord from around the tome then interlaced their wrists with it as he open the book and began to read aloud. For Calaren this day had only been a hope and a dream. Now it was coming true and in that moment he knew there would be no other woman in his heart save for Narisa.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next