The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Large Shoes To Fill

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Large Shoes To Fill Empty Large Shoes To Fill

Post by Conleth Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:47 pm

GIt had been four days and the last night had been worse than the rest. Benail looked at Serethiel sternly. “We can not be certain what this is. But We are certain that if his fever gets any worse he may die,” she told her. Benail was one of the most skilled healers she knew and even she wasn’t certain what was ailing Conleth. “We may need to seek elvish medicines if such can be had,” she suggested but Serethiel knew that was just to give her hope. From their room she heard Conleth coughing. He had managed to keep down some vegetable broth but any hard food came right up. 

“Because I have to go, that's why,” Beren said annoyedly. With his father down he felt it was his responsibility to continue in his stead. Unfortunately it meant he was gone every day until dusk and Ithilwen had barely seen her husband awake in days. He searched for his belt but Ithilwen held it to her chest in her lithe, pale hands. “Where is
My..” when he saw it in her hands his eyes narrowed. “That's my belt?” He said and held out his hand to her. Her face had a look of defiance and the knowing that he would never take it from her by force.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Large Shoes To Fill Empty Re: Large Shoes To Fill

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:55 pm

In all the decades Serethiel had known Conleth she had never really seen him sick before. He would get a cold every few years, but nothing truly serious...nothing like this. For the first time in a very long time she was truly scared for his life, but she tried desperately to keep her fears from seeping too much through the bond knowing he would be able to sense it. The last thing she wanted to do was to have him worrying about her...although she knew he would. She could hear him coughing from their room as she stood out in the hallway with Benail.

"What about taking him to Minas Tirith? The healers there might be able to help."

Ithilwen held tightly to her husband's belt. She had barely seen him in four days and he had barely rested. With his father very ill he had taken on all of his responsibilities atop his own. She sighed and finally released the belt from her hands for him to take.

"Beren, you cannot take all of this on on your own. You haven't rested in days. Please...can you not give some of these duties to those you trust?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:08 pm

Beren took up his belt and looked at her. She had a way to make him feel guilty even though she knew full well why he was doing this. "Like who, Dorban or Avis? They almost burned down Chelsea's barn. And you know full well that's not what this is about. I'm not certain I want another baby right now. I know our children are grown and we can have as many as we want but I just don't know Ithilwen. And I know you'll try and get me in that bed if I let you. Don't think I don't know you won't. 

She had taken to wearing garments that were quite sheer and left little to the imagination. She always had a power over Beren. He loved her dearly and would always eventually give in to her needs but this far nothing had worked. Her cycle was going to end soon and if she was going to get pregnant she needed to get him to make
Love to her!

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:17 pm

Ithilwen looked at him slightly as he spoke. They had been having this argument for several months now. With their other children long since grown with grown children now of their own it was difficult for her to deny that she didn't want another child. Beren was gone most days and while she had duties of her own she missed taking care of a child. However, it was clear that Beren wasn't ready...and possibly would never want another child. She sighed softly...not wanting to fight right then. She handed him his cloak without a word and then left the room.

OOC-Don't forget about Serethiel and Benail.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:26 pm

"I doubt he'd survive the trip," she told her and then gently took hold of her arm. "I think it would be best if you prepared yourself my old friend. Keep putting the cool compresses on his head and giving him fluids, as much as he would stand," she said in a grave voice and then left him to her care. 

"Your pouting!" He said as he put on his belt. He knew she heard. "I don't like it when you pout!" He added. He also knew she hated it when he did that. It made her feel like a child.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:35 pm

Serethiel felt a few tears fill her eyes as she watched Benail leave. The thought of possibly losing Conleth was enough to make her knees feel weak. She knew that she could not live without him...nor would she want to. They were bonded together so fully that if he passed she would pass soon after. She wiped the tears from her eyes before slowly walking into their bedroom. She walked over and sat on the edge of the bed beside him. She reached down and gently caressed his cheek.

Ithilwen heard Beren and became angry. She turned around and walked back into the room and looked at him with a narrowed gaze.

"Don't treat me like a child Beren."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:10 pm

"Then don't act like one then! I'll be home for supper!" He said from the bedroom."I'm stopping to see father too," he added as he stepped out into the hall. He walked over to her and saw she was not happy, either was he but he didn't know what to do. His father could be dying and that worried Beren terribly. "Ithilwen..." he began when he looked at her but the words pnlymdied on his tongue. He kissed her cheek and left.

In his parents room he felt his father's forehead. "It doesn't seem no worse mother...that's good right?" He asked. Unsure if it was or not. "Maybe we could risk going to Minas Tirith?" He wondered as he looked at him.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:04 am

Serethiel had a bowl of cool water on the bedside table and was using a small rag to lightly dab his forehead. He had not yet woken up and she would have given anything to just see him open his eyes right then and give her some hope. She heard footsteps on the stairs and knew it was Beren before he even entered the room. She stepped back to allow him to be able to get right up beside him. She was quiet for a moment when he asked if they could perhaps take him to Minas Tirith before slowly shaking her head. She then motioned for Beren to join her outside the bedroom so she could speak to him, just in case Conleth awoke. Once out in the hallway she looked at her son and decided she needed to be completely honest with him.

"Beren...I don't know how to say this without upsetting you, but I feel that I must be honest with you. I am not certain that your father...will survive this. I already asked Benail if perhaps we could take him to Minas Tirith, but she didn't think he would survive the trip. At this point all we can do is try to keep the fever down and his strength up as much as possible. However, I think you should start to prepare yourself for the possibility that...you may lose us. Your father and I have discussed this....and we always knew that we would not live forever...despite our bodies trying to. He and I have lived a wonderful life together and whenever it is time we will only be parted from one another shortly before joining each other again for all eternity. We have raised three strong, beautiful children and watched them grow into the powerful leaders that they now are when we once believed we would never have any children. You three have given us more joy than we ever could have hoped for and when we go we know that you three will be well taken care of."

She then produced a rolled up document and handed it to Beren. "This is our Last Will and Testament and I want you to now have it for whenever the time might come that you need it. I hope that you will not need it soon, but I want you to be prepared Beren."

OOC-Happy Thanksgiving!

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:23 am

“Mother...no!” Beren said and then accepted the rolled up parchment reluctantly. He had heard her words and it was all he could do to not just ball his eyes out. Beren idolized his father and loved his mother dearly. The thought of losing them like this made his heart crumble. 

“No..I don’t accept this. I say we try anyway. If he’s going to die...we should try mother. Let's take him...let's go to Minas Tirith.” He told her.

Ooc-Happy Thanksgiving Kirsten!

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:35 am

Serethiel sighed and glanced over at the bedroom door. She was quiet for a long while, trying to decide what would be best. She finally drew in a deep breath and nodded.

"We can leave Thalion in charge of the village."

OOC-I can't remember his son's name...but that might be it.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:20 am

Beren smiled and kissed her cheek and then he got to work. He came home and saw Ithilwen wipe tears away as she got up quick to receive him. He looked at her suspiciously. "Were you crying?" He asked and though she tried to deny it his eyes looked angry and she knew he felt angry as well. "Well ya better pack, we're taking father to Minas Tirith. If we have time to talk we will," he said though he began to move upstairs. 

Beren had already set things in motion. People were tasked to get a wagon ready with lots of blankets and a couple thick bedrolls for padding. Food was being prepared and a packhorse loaded with provisions. Beren would drive the cart while Serethiel tended to Conleth on the back. Ithilwen would be on horse with 4 guardsmen.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:19 am

Ithilwen hadn't intended to start crying, but was couldn't help but feel rather upset over the entire incident that morning with Beren. She felt guilty over making him feel bad when his father might be dying and was intending to go look for him when he suddenly walked in. She nodded a little when he told her that they were taking his father to Minas Tirith. She turned to go upstairs before stopping and turning back around and walking over to him. She slipped her arms around him and hugged him gently. She hugged him for a long moment without saying a word before walking upstairs to pack.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:48 pm

Meanwhile, Nauriel sat beside her husband in court, desperately trying to pay attention to the matter at hand. However, deep in her heart she was worried...terribly worried. She had been contacted psychically by Beren to inform her that their father was ill, but she had a feeling that he had not divulged just how ill he was to her. She could sense his growing anxiety and was beginning to wonder if she didn't need to travel out to Gehenna to see him for herself. In her long life she unfortunately had not been able to spend more than a few years with her parents. After returning from Lothlorien it was not several years later that she met her husband and left the village with him to aid in the war against Sauron. Then, after the war was over, she and Elessar were crowned King and Queen of Gondor and had remained there ever since. She only now traveled back to Gehenna on occasion. Guilt now gnawed at her for not spending more time with her parents. She greatly admired both of them and all that they had achieved. It was because of them that Gehenna had become the most prosperous village for several hundred miles.

She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't realize her husband had spoken to her until she heard him call her name. She blinked and looked over at him before realizing that she had completely forgotten what the issue at hand was.

"Oh...well...I agree with whatever you think...."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:54 am

Elessar had been wondering about his wife for some time. He felt...something from their bond but it was distant like she was masking her feelings. Over the years they both had gotten very good at that he couldn't say for certain of it was a god thing or not. It didn't benefit him today. But it was clear something was bothering her. After the farmer bowed and stepped away he called their herald and to him that they were done for the day. 

As he turned back to her the herald began to inform those who were still there that the king and Queen would not see anyone else today. The crowd did not appear to be happy but Elessar didn't care. He looked at her and could see her mind seeing something that he couldn't see.

"Nauriel...is...everything alright?"

In the wagon Conleth did open his eyes...for a few moments. "What's happening? I feel the wind and hear the trees...is it the wolves again? Use your...broad points...there better than the hunting...tips," he said deleriously. He took a bit of broth but it seemed that his mouth and throats only took it by reflex. The movement of the cart made her spill some on his cheek but he hadn't even flinch.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:10 pm

Nauriel sighed softly when she realized her husband had dismissed court for the rest of the day. She waited until everyone left before looking at him. "I was contacted by my brother a few days ago informing me that our father was ill. He told me that it was nothing to be concerned about, but I have felt his growing anxiety over the past few days. I'm afraid it might be more serious than he told me."

Serethiel sat next to Conleth in the cart. She was relieved when he opened his eyes...even if it was for a moment. She took the opportunity to give him a little broth and used a small towel to wipe away any that she got on his cheeks and chin.

"No...it's not the wolves again," she replied gently. "We are going to see Nauriel. Won't that be nice? She's missed you...and wanted to see you."

She reached up and gently caressed his cheek and after a moment she began to sing to him. It was a song she had not sung to him in a very long time. It was the song she sang to him when she first came upon him all those years ago.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:30 pm

OOC-Decided to add something about Lindariel since she should be there as well.

IC-The missive had come early that morning. Lindariel had opened it immediately, recognizing the handwriting as that of her brother, Beren. Reading the letter had made her heart drop into her stomach. Her hands trembled as she re-read it...hoping that she had mis-read something. But no matter how many times she read it, it still said the same thing...her father was sick...extremely sick and would be taken to Minas Tirith for treatment.

Looking out the window of the bedroom she shared with Eomer, she spotted her husband riding back up to the Golden Hall. He had gone out early that morning for a ride to one of the villages that had suffered a raid. She walked out, but waited respectfully for him to finish talking to several of his most trusted soldiers before approaching. The look of worry on her face would alert him that something was wrong.

"I must go to Minas Tirith...my father is ill...very ill."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:43 am

Eomer paused at her words and knew that the direness of her face meant that it must be very serious indeed. “Well then we will go...Narisa is there already, we can make a short vacation of it...our whole family,” he told her and put his strong hands on her shoulders. “We will prepare immediately,” he said then slid by her to enter the hall and he began giving commands immediately.

Twice now the cart had to be stopped because Conleth thrashed as if he were being attacked by orcs. The fever had come back with a vengeance and though it was close to when they would stop for the night Beren had suggested they continued until they couldn’t see anymore. He, Serethiel and Ithilwen had eyes that could see in the dark and horses that could as well to a degree. The last time he thrashed he almost knocked Serethiel out of the cart. He hadn’t meant to but he hit her hard in the chest. She could feel the rage and fear he felt.He was in the mountains again, fighting that desperate fight to stay alive in the dark. Dagmor in his hand though seemed to calm him down.

Nauriel had been excused and now she sat with her family in the main lounge. Calene, Deshane, Kressara, Narisa and Eagan were there and only the King was at curt dealing with what had to be done. “Did she say what was wrong mother?” Calene asked. Kressara held Elfwine who babbled his baby babble and played with two blocks in his hands. Kaled only cooed as he rested in his mother's arms.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:18 am

While there were many who saw Eomer as a hard and direct King (but a great one), when it came to Lindariel his heart was soft, passionate, and extremely loving. If it was something important to her, or her family, he would do everything to ensure it happened. She knew today that the raid was still fresh on his mind, but still he was willing to leave and travel to Minas Tirith for her. She loved that man so deeply it hurt at times...

Serethiel did all she could to keep the fever down. She kept cool rags on his forehead and continued to try and feed him broth. However, as the fever worsened he began to dream and she knew from his mumblings that he was dreaming of being back in the cave. He thrashed and nearly knocked her out of the cart. She shifted so she was out of the way of his arms and then grabbed Dagmor (still in it's sheath) and placed it in his hands. She watched as he immediately began to calm. She was quiet a few minutes before moving closer to him again. She laid down next to him and began to whisper into his ear.

"I had given up on life and love Conleth. My heart knew only vengeance and anger....I didn't believe myself worthy enough of love...and then I came across you. You were injured...unconscious...but there was something about you...something that drew me to you. I couldn't have imagined the life you would give me. You filled my heart with love and happiness and gave me a reason to live. You made me whole. Since following me that day you have done everything for me. You settled down in Gehenna, built me a house, and then when it was destroyed during the war, built me another. You gave up raising Beren and Nauriel so that they might be taught by Galadriel for me. You have scarified so much for me. I...I don't know if I could ever repay all that you have done...but if you remain with me in this world I will do everything I can to continue to make you as happy as you have made me."

Tears gently slipped down her cheeks as she lightly caressed his rough cheek.

Nauriel knew her brother was drawing closer, and that he had her father and mother with him. The Houses of Healing had been alerted and were preparing for his arrival. Now, all she could do was try to sit and wait. Her anxiety and fear was clear for anyone to see, but having her family close to her helped to keep her calmer.

"No....he only said that he was ill...nothing more," she responded to Calene.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:00 am

Beren listened to everything and he could not help the tears that fell down his face. Ithilwen saw him and rode close as the last tendrils of light faded over the horizon. Conleth did have moments of lucidity but they were brief. 

"I can taste the dust from the road...where are we...where are we going?" He asked in a dry rasp. 

Eomer had them make camp on the road. He handed Lindariel a mug of freshly made tea he had made for her as she sat silently by the fire. "We'll ride hard tomorrow Lindariel, you will need to rest tonight," he said as he handed her the steaming mug. "Your father is a tough man...as tough as they come. I don't think the world is done with him yet," he said confidently. 

As Elessar laid next to Nauriel he shifted to come up on top of her. He intended to distract her, she had been reclining into her own thoughts and he wanted to remind her that she was well loved. He kissed her deeply and wanted her to kiss him back. "Make love to me wife..." he whispered into her ear.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:27 am

Serethiel reached over and grabbed the water skin. She wanted to keep him as hydrated as possible. She helped him to drink some of the cool water and then lightly dabbed his forehead with the damp rag again.

"We are heading to Minas Tirith," she told him honestly. "You're very sick...we're taking you to the healers there."

Lindariel had said very little since they had left Edoras. Her mind was clearly elsewhere. Theodred and Elisa were with them as well. They had left Eomer's most trusted advisor in command in his absence. As they made camp for the evening, Theodred and Elisa gave them space and went to sleep early. Lindariel sat by the fire, just gazing absent mindedly into it. As Eomer approached she looked over at him and took the mug of hot tea. She felt a few tears come to her eyes as he spoke about her father.

"I should have gone back to Gehenna more. I...I got so tied up with our own family and the running of Rohan that I pushed Gehenna and my family to the side. I kept telling myself each year that I would go and stay for several months....but it never happened."

Nauriel knew that sleep was not going to come. Her mind was whirlwind of thoughts of fears. She knew that if her father died that her mother would as well. The thought of losing them both brought fresh tears to her eyes. She knew her parents were not immortal, but they always seemed to elude death. Would this time be the same?

Suddenly, she felt Elessar shift and move atop her. She looked up into his eyes for a long moment before he kissed her. She closed her eyes and kissed him back just as deeply. She felt her own desire growing quickly. She needed Elessar...wanted him. She needed to forget...even if it was only for a short time. As he whispered into her ear she felt a shiver go down her spine. She opened her eyes and looked up into his own again before pulling him down and kissing him passionately...

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:49 pm

It didn’t last very long though as he began to speak as if they had only first met. He was badly injured and he moved in and out of consciousness as she stitched up his wounds. He never cried out which had impressed her. Conleth had an high tolerance for pain.

“Are you stitching a wound or trussing a pig woman!” He snapped as they stopped. “So...be.a..utiful...like an Elf princess...Ser..ethiel, that...face. Eyes of..a..hawk,” he mumbled as Beren carried him off the cart with the help of a guardsman. Conleth was a massive man with lean, hard muscle. He fought at being moved and due to the pain and he elbowed Beren in the eye. Beren grunted but didn’t drop him.

“Nonsense...you apply guilt where there should be pride wife,” he said as he blew on his tea then took a sip. “You are a queen and have responsibilities that task you. I'll hear no more of that,” he told her in his usual way. Eomer was a hard man. He always was and a firm believer in doing what can be done and they were. Worrying about the past helped no one. “In kind your father has his own responsibilities. The moment he retires from them is the moment he dies and no sooner,” he told her. 

Elessar lifted up and helped her lift off her nightgown. As he looked down at her he paused to look at her nude body. She had smooth, creamy flesh and her breasts were still fairly firm. Her nipples were erect from the cool air and from the way he looked at her. He had made love to her countless times and he knew her body well. Knew what it liked by touch and he smiled at her as she waited for what was to come. He contemplated on being more aggressive this time or making each touch, each kiss a planned strategy to distract her. He decided for the latter and began with his mouth on her breasts...

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:34 pm

OOC-Have they arrived in Minas Tirith? Or just stopped for the evening?

IC-Lindariel moved closer to Eomer and laid her head upon his shoulder. "My father thinks highly of you. He is proud of all you have done for Rohan. You came into this position through heartache and pain. You helped this kingdom when it needed it the most and believed in it's greatness. I don't think I say it enough, but I am proud of you as well Eomer and I am honored to be your wife."

Nauriel knew she no longer had the body she had when she was 20, but she was still extremely beautiful. She had feared Elessar's strong desires for her might diminish after all of the pregnancies she had gone through, but those fears had quickly vanished. Their love was as strong as it had ever been. She closed her eyes and moaned with pleasure as he kissed and sucked on her breasts.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:49 am

ooc: just stopped for the evening. I've been working on the basement and garage during my time off...they are the result of neglect...ouchie. So much for resting up. I have been sleeping in though at least Very Happy

Eomer made love to Lindariel quite passionately that night. For a little while at least he hoped he got her to think of something else for a while and not her ailing father. He held her to him long into the night and early that morning he availed himself again as she looked particularly beautiful in the dawning light.

Elessar took his time with Nauriel, building it up until the ultimate explosion that made her twitch and stiffen for several moments, lost within the pleasure of her orgasm. Morning had to come however and he had had to leave her again though he told her that he didn't want to.

The wagon moved more swiftly now that they had caught the grated road. They were only hours out of the city now and Conleth's breaths were coming in shallow rasps. Serethiel would know he is on the brink now. She could feel him grasping for an end to the pain he felt inside the long darkness of the mountains. Only her inner light so close to him kept him with her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:02 am

OOC-Well that's good at least. I'm back at work today. Hopefully the day will go by quickly. I started packing for the move yesterday and the reality of buying this house has started to really hit me. I close on the house in 9 days!

IC-Serethiel remained close to Conleth. She could tell he was in pain and it hurt her to know that there was very little she could do. She just tried to bring him as much comfort as she could. She lay next to him with her head on his chest, whispering soothing thoughts and memories to him. If he was ready to go then she would remain by his side through it all before joining him herself in the next life. She lightly brushed his hair from his face.

"I love you Conleth Phelan...I love in this life...and I will love you in the next."

OOC-Also, did we ever want to start back up that vampire board we were doing with Rowena and Seth?

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:30 pm

ooc: Absolutely though we'll need a plot. Maybe she has to teach him how to be a Vampire.

The cart arrived and the city was prepared for them. Conleth was taken directly to the house of Healing and the healers there began to examine him to figure out what was wrong. Beren was exhausted but he still wouldn't leave them. He and Ithilwen waited in the lounge to be there incase he took a turn for the worse. Lindariel and her family arrived and Nauriel and Elessar were there.

"Mother!" Nauriel cried and ran to her. She put her arms around her and then the tears began to fall.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum