The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love and Propriety

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Love and Propriety - Page 2 Empty Re: Love and Propriety

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:47 pm

Narisa allowed Faelin to take her hand in greeting and nodded slightly when he checked the pronunciation of her name. She took a moment to look him over. While he was quite handsome, she still thought Eagan even more so. There was something almost too...perfect about Faelin. She really didn't want to talk to him, but knew it would be rude not to.

"So Faelin, are you a soldier?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:52 pm

Faelin smiled at her question and wondered if his answer would be good or bad for her. "I was, I served but father needed me and so after my tour of service was up I had to leave. I guess I enjoyed being cold and hungry and dirty but eventually everyone must clean up no?" He said with almost a musical voice. "I know your father, King Eomer was, stories of his bravery are some of my favorites. "Have you ever seen an Oliphant? I have, I could tell you about them sometimes if you wish it," he said as he took the liberty of seating her then going back to seat himself. She sat right across from him and he really did like her eyes and her hair. her dress was nice to and the shape of her body.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:05 pm

Narisa politely listened to him as she took her seat. She missed Eagan then and desperately wished to be in his arms in his bed instead of here having to smile and make conversation with this other man.

"I have never seen an Oliphant, but my father has told me stories about them since I was a child."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:22 pm

There were conversations going on around the table so they were fairly allowed to be on their own. Half way through the meal, Faelin was well mannered, he ate gracefully, proof that his mother had taken time to teach him properly, he was about to continue when a look of recognition came over his face. "Now I know where I heard your name...Eagon mentioned you," he said and then he seemed to have a knowing smile. He would not elaborate and he waited until she said something to continue further.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:24 pm

Narisa was pleased at his manners, but it was not going to cause her to fall out of love with Eagan and in love with him. She continued to talk politely with him, but hoped to come across as not interested enough for him to try and pursue her. However, when he suddenly mentioned Eagan's name she blinked and looked at him.

"Eagan mentioned me? What did he say?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:57 pm

Faelin grinned now having her attention. He felt so stupid that he hadn't realized. Narisa wasn't a terribly common name either. "Things you'd probably not wish me to repeat right now," he said but it was Calene who overheard him. She turned toward Narisa and elbowed her playfully. "Oh? Like what?" She asked as dessert was served. An apple cake with white frosting in which she slid over to Deshane. he was still quite thin and she was determined to put some meat on his bones.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:02 pm

Narisa tried to keep her eyes from widening and her face from blushing at his statement. She suddenly was really questioning what Eagan had told him. The last thing she needed was for word to reach her father that she and Eagan had slept together.

"Oh...I'm sure it's nothing. Eagan is always saying things."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:51 pm

Calene looked from Faelin to Narisa and back again. "Fine...keep your 'secrets'," she said and shrugged as she turned back toward her husband. Deshane leaned over and kissed Kalad and then her. Faelin only grinned at Narisa with another knowing smile.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:56 pm

Narisa was glad when Calene didn't press the issue like she feared she might. She was able to let out the breath she had been holding. She glanced over at Faelin slightly and knew by his smile that Eagan had probably told him everything. She felt rather embarrassed now and didn't really touch her dessert.

OOC-What if Elessar catches Narisa with Eagan at some point? Not in a compromising position, but kissing. That might be an interesting conversation between Uncle and Niece.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:28 pm

Faelin only just waved her off. "He just said he knew you and that you were good friends," he said but now he knew just a bit more. He took a satisfying bite of his cake. However there was one man who had been listening and he saw Narisa's face. Elessar had been watching and listening and he knew something was going on.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:24 am

Narisa was somewhat relieved to realize that Faelin didn't know as much as she thought he did. However, she hoped that now he didn't suspect more. She slowly nodded.

"Yes, we are," she replied.

Suddenly, she felt eyes on her and she looked down the table to see her uncle looking at her rather intently. She saw the way he was looking at her and she rather quickly looked away.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:33 pm

Elessar gestured and as she leaned into him he whispered into Nauriel's ear. She gazed at Narisa a short time then nodded to Elessar as she averted her gaze. Calene had caught the exchange and she gave Narisa a regretful look. She liked Narisa and didn't quite understand what had passed across from what was and wasn't said. Enough for their ears though and they were going to have a talk with her after dinner, that much was clear. Her younger sister Arina had such talks with them and they were still reeling from Arina's hasty departure and Elope. Her mother was hurt most by that but some of that came from blaming Elessar.

After everyone had finished and the bell had been rung Nauriel had moved around to see Narisa off. "Narisa," she began sweetly. "May we speak with you...privately?" She said and gestured to the lounge. Calene winced then hugged her before she and her family took their leave of her. Faelin hadn't stuck around and had left with his own family.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:38 pm

Narisa knew as she watched her uncle talk to her aunt quietly what was coming. She was suddenly angry at Faelin and hoped her aunt and uncle wouldn't suspect anything more than that she and Eagan were in love. However, it was enough to put her off of dessert completely, which was unusual for her.

After dinner she stood, hoping to slip out quietly before her aunt and uncle could catch her, but her aunt was too fast and she had to force a small smile and nod.

"Of course."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:43 pm

ooc-new thread and my feet...are dying. I spent $180 on shoes from The Walking Company an my feet Still ache. Grrrr. These long hours are wearing me down. And this will be my 5th week without a day off.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:55 pm

OOC-Well I hope they aren't going to make you work all of next week...at least not on Thanksgiving.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:57 pm

ooc-they hacked my vacation also. i have to carry over 5 days to nect year and i only get thursday off where i had planned on the whole week. friday is a holiday for us after thanksgiving so i will get 2.5x pay for that day. its completely crazy how fast they want this all done. I willl definately be going to mexico near the middle of january. San Luis Potosi.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:05 pm

OOC-That really sucks. I'm so sorry.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content