The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love and Propriety

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Love and Propriety Empty Love and Propriety

Post by Conleth Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:25 am

Eagan went through the course again. What he had learned in Rohan had helped him a great deal but his horse still felt sluggish. That and he was partially distracted with thoughts of Narisa in his head. That night with her even after these months had affected him. She was there often in his dreams and sometimes he even thought she smelled her scent. He missed the last two targets as his timing was off. He never seemed to get these last two after the turn and he didn’t understand why.

ooc-Maybe Narisa didnt send a missive about her coming to him due to danger that someone might catch on. Also, if she were there watching him she could give him advice about what he was doing wrong. Also, in his armor he might look pretty majestic on his red horse.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Love and Propriety Empty Re: Love and Propriety

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:36 am

Narisa had decided not to send a missive letting Eagan know she was coming for two very important reasons. Firstly, she feared that it might end up the wrong hands and then her parents might find out the real reason for her wanting to go to Minas Tirith. And secondly, because she had wanted to surprise him. She told her parents that she wanted to go visit her cousin and see the new baby and was quickly granted permission. She was sent with several gifts for Calene and Deshane and the new baby. He had been born five weeks early, but seemed to be doing alright. Narisa had first gone to see her cousin and the two had spent several hours talking. Deshane was not there, but that was just as well for Narisa as she wasn't sure she would know what to say to him.

When Kaled needed to be fed she saw her opportunity to slip away. She figured out that Eagan was in the middle of training and slipped down through the city towards the training arena. She felt her heart skip several beats when she saw him. He looked incredibly handsome and majestic in his armor. She stood back and watched him for a few minutes and couldn't help but notice he kept missing the last two targets. She quickly spotted why and stepped forward and smiled at him.

"You're letting your horse slow down too much in that last turn. Give him a few good kicks before you get there to keep his pace and fire two beats earlier than you have been."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:47 pm

He heard the voice but there were several women and others along the fences. People always watched the soldiers go through their paces but as he trotted closer and he finally picked her out as she waved her cream-colored handkerchief at him. The wind caught it and it flew away and landed beyond the fence. He stopped then dismounted to collect it. When he got closer he removed his helmet and tucked it under his arm. His hair was sweaty but it was also longer and the wind blew it to one side which gave him a very ruggedly handsome look. To his eyes she was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. Better than dreams, better than imagining her. No one was really paying attention though Sorraign waved and smiled at him at just the wrong time. She even waved her handkerchief at him and called out to him.

“Eagan...Eagan!’ he waved back but couldn’t help his cheeks from flushing as he brought back Narisa’s handkerchief. Seeing her right then and not being able to put his arms around her was almost painful. He did touch her hand though as she took it.

“I’ve...missed you,” he said but the softness of his eyes toward her told her that he wasn’t just being polite. He had missed her...terribly so.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:59 pm

Narisa was trying to get Eagan's attention and finally resorted to using her handkerchief to catch his eye. Unfortunately, the wind picked up just then and blew the handkerchief from her hand. She smiled when she saw Eagan stop and dismount and collect it. When he took off his helmet she nearly gasped at how handsome he was. Something about the last few months had made him more rugged and she felt desire course through her as she looked at him. She noticed a few other girls trying to get his attention, but she knew he was hers and no one else's.

She looked into his eyes as he came over to hand her her handkerchief. She smiled a little. "I've missed you too." She desperately wanted to touch him...to feel his rough hands on her body. She hoped her cheeks weren't flushing at the mere thought of it.

"What I was trying to tell you is that you are allowing your horse to slow down in that last turn. Give him a few good kicks before hand to keep up his pace and not let him slack off. Then, fire two beats earlier than you have been and you will make those targets," she told him confidently.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:25 pm

He was panting from the recent exertion but it was also the excitement of seeing her. He glad he had a cover for that, he didn’t want to appear to eager. He remembered full well their last night together. He went over that night again and again when he had quiet moments to himself. “I’ll give it a try Narisa...I...i wish I knew you were coming...Can I...can i see you later?”He asked as if she wasn’t there just for him. He had always been so modest as a boy. As a young man he still was and he wondered why she was smiling like that. It made him feel...warm inside, almost giddy. Her gaze alone set his heat pounding in his chest. Oh he was going to have to be careful here. Having one night was dangerous. He refused to regret that but it didn’t mean something couldn’t happen if it happened again.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:32 pm

Narisa smiled at him. She wanted to reach out and caress his cheek, but she managed to resist. "I wanted to surprise you, but I was also afraid if I sent you a letter it might accidently fall into the wrong hands and I couldn't risk that. Besides, seeing your face when you saw me was completely worth it." She glanced around to make sure no one could hear them before answering his question. "Of course you can see me later. I came here for you...and to see my cousin's baby...but first and foremost for you."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:56 pm

"Mount up!" Someone barked and Eagan looked back then called his horse to him and took up his reins. "Where do I come to meet you?" He said quickly as he began to move down the fence. He saw her follow on her side and she had to move back behind some watchers before she could come back up to the fence line to stay close enough to talk to him.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:06 pm

Narisa glanced over at the man who was barking orders, but quickly followed Eagan along the fence. She moved around some people before coming down close to him again.

"Meet me in the south gardens, just before dusk," she told him. "I won't be able to stay long because I will need to dress for dinner, but it will be something at least."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:21 pm

U
"I'll meet you there!" He said as he mounted them trotted off back into the field. He rode quite well, not as good as her but almost as good. 

Calene was long done breastfeeding and she wanted to hear everything about her aunt and cousins and if she had a Chance to go to Gehenna recently.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:30 pm

Narisa smiled as she watched him ride off. She knew she was watching her future husband and she felt some pride swell up in her chest. She knew in that moment that she loved him so deeply that she would do anything to be with him. She headed back to the palace and sat with her cousin for sometime telling her everything that she wanted to know. There wasn't much to tell, but it was clear that Calene hadn't been out much recently and anything was of interest to her. Finally, she was able to get away and get ready to meet Eagan. She brushed her hair and applied a little perfume before going to the south gardens.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:44 pm

Eagan had stabled his horse and had just enough time to wash up and get dressed. He wore the dark gray suit and coat and feathered his hair back. It made him look a bit older but it was a soft look and he thought that maybe Narisa would like it. He also brought her a few pieces of the hard candy that has been popular here recently. He normally would have given her flowers but he didnt want people to wonder who had given them to her.

He arrived seemingly before she did and he looked over the tiny bridge that was built above a small, man made stream that ran through the gardens. There was a small waterfall to and he was surprised there weren't very many people there. It was evening but not to late and he leaned over one of the fences that overlooked the garden as he waited for her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:47 pm

Narisa smiled when she spotted Eagan. His back was to her, allowing her to be able to sneak up on him. She felt her mouth go a bit dry when she saw him in his suit and coat. His hair just made her want to run her fingers through it. Ever so quietly she came up behind him and grinned a little.

"So...did my advice work?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:57 pm

He flinched when she spoke, she had gotten close to him and he nearly jumped over the railing. He narrowed his eyes at her when she just stood there and giggled. "It did...thank you," he said and he moved up to her. "You my dear are a sight," he told her. "The view is best up on the bridge," Eagan aid and led her up. He put his arm around her waist as she sidled up aside him. "Did you miss me as much as I missed you?" He asked.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:02 pm

Narisa grinned at his reaction. It had been exactly what she had hoped for. She then grinned even more when she heard that her advice had worked. She began to walk with him towards the bridge. She smiled when she felt his arm slide around her waist. When he asked her if she had missed him as much as he had missed her she simply stopped walking and leaned up and kissed him deeply. She kissed him for a long, passionate moment before slowly pulling back.

"Does that answer your question?"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:25 pm

Her kissing him surprised him. When she did that the world around them melted away and left just her and him. The softness of her lips, her breath, the look in her eyes, her love for him was in that kiss and he smiled. "Aye, it does ," he told her. He slowly reached and touched her cheek. "I'm in love with you Narisa...time and distance can not sever us," he told her.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:33 pm

Narisa looked up into Eagan's eyes when he told her he loved her. She felt her heart might burst from the love she felt for him.

"Let's get married tonight...right now. I don't need a big wedding...I just need you Eagan."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:44 am

Eagan looked down at her. Her hair was so soft and he realized he had her face in his hands. Her words made him feel as if he were dreaming. His mind raced to make every reason he could think of 'not' to marry her right then disappear. Each time though her father kept coming up. Eomer was such a hard man. He would not idly take his daughter being married like that. He'd fight it and he knew she knew it to. But oh how he wanted that. To be in her arms and to make love to her over and over. To feel her warm flesh against his made his body react.

"We...we can't Narisa," he said and his voice sounded raspy and unsure like he was on the brink of breaking down. He absolutely hated denying her. Denying her anything was like going against his very essence. He wanted that..so much. "I will marry you the right way and we will hold our heads proudly for it my love," he told her but oh how easy it would have been to say yes...

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:56 am

Narisa felt her heart break a little at his words...but also at her own knowledge that it couldn't happen that way. But she wanted to be with him...more than anything else. The thought of having to wait at least another year and a half for that to happen was almost too much for her. She didn't know what to say because she knew there was nothing to be said that could convince him otherwise and so she just slowly nodded, trying to keep the tears from her eyes.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:22 pm

"You are...disappointed? Please don't be Narisa," He said softly. "We have nothing but time, don't you see?" He said as he kissed her knuckles softly. He saw what that did to her and he smiled himself. "Oh, I did get you something," he said as he felt to his pockets. He had almost forgotten. He produced a small white cloth bag. Inside were pieces of hard candy in different colors. "In case you have need of something as sweet as me when I can not be had," he said smoothly. "Leaving you there...it was so hard Narisa...so very hard," he told her honestly.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:23 pm

OOC-Sorry, I found out tonight that my grandmother passed away. It's been a rather difficult night.

IC-Narisa was still upset, but she knew in her heart that they would always be together...no matter what. When he produced the bag of candy she smiled a little. He knew she had a sweet tooth. She looked up and deeply into his eyes.

"I love you Eagan...so much."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:38 pm

ooc:Oh I am so sorry K!

He kissed her but it turned more or less into a make out session. She kissed him and he kissed her back. People had gone home as the sun went down so they had the gardens all to themselves. They 'touched' one another but never took it further than that. In the dark people tended to become more bolder. Without lights the garden took on a completely different look. Crickets and frogs made the music and moon set the scene for them. Narisa tasted wonderful on his lips. "You are making this very difficult to not have t you right now."

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:49 pm

OOC-It wasn't unexpected...but it's still hard. She was my last grandparent and what makes it even harder is my birthday is on Saturday and there is a card from her sitting at my parent's house for me.

IC-Narisa trembled slightly as they kissed. She felt her own desires growing as memories of their night together flooded back to her. Nothing else mattered but him in those moments. He was her everything...her true soulmate. She moaned as she felt his hands on her and she began to touch him as well. However, in the back of her mind she knew that they couldn't get too carried away.

"Well...we can't because I must leave now to go get dressed for dinner. My aunt and uncle will be expecting me."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:58 am

ooc: I don't think anybody can know how a death will affect them, unexpected or not. And I fell asleep last night with my Chromebook on my lap...very sad.

Now it was Eagan's turn to look disappointed. He was of no relation nor concern among her family here though his father was an important man. One day though he knew he'd be accompanying her. "Well, then you must not be late," he told her but it was difficult not to show how much he wanted her to stay with him. He smiled anyway and kissed her again. "You know where I will be," he told her. He had a small home of his own since he had come back. He earned a decent wage for being an Officer and young men and old looked up to him. He told her where he lived now, he was on the southern edge of the 3rd level near where the seamstress's shop was. Not a bad area and far quieter than the east end where there were alot of children.

At dinner Elessar, Nauriel, Calane with baby Kaled, Deshane and Kressara attended dinner but also the DeMarcos family. Haledor, an older man, tall but quite thin. He and his father, Gaelenor fought in the war. They were nobles but Haledor had taken a very bad wound and lost his right arm. His son Faelin had just turned 20. He was also tall but broader with large arms and shoulders and a very turned out calf. He had blonde, curly hair down to his shoulders and very nice blue eyes. Across from them, next to Narisa was their mother, Benewin was younger than Haledor by several years. She married for status mostly but had come to love Haledor and her son.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:19 am

Narisa didn't want to leave Eagan's company, but she knew she couldn't be late. Not only would it be rude, but it would possibly raise suspicion. Giving him one last, loving kiss, she left him and returned to her room in the palace to get changed for dinner. She greeted her aunt and uncle as she came into the dining room and then took her place next to her cousins. She did not know the family that was joining them, but did notice that there was a young man there. She couldn't help but hope that he was not there to meet her.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:11 pm

Everyone was properly introduced. Narisa was introduced last and the young man stopped to take her hand in greeting. "Hello..Narisa?" he said as if asking to make sure he heard her name right. "I am glad that there is someone I can talk to this evening...if it please you my lady," he said in a very smooth tone. His voice was soft and firm at the same time. His hand was warm to the touch and his eyes were just the perfect shade of blue in the dim light. He smelled good to and his hair looked like spun gold. It shone in the light and made people want to touch it.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next