The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everyone Has A Price

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Everyone Has A Price - Page 2 Empty Re: Everyone Has A Price

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:03 pm

OOC-where I am we should be ok. I live in Columbia, SC and we are expecting just heavy rain and strong winds. Tonight and tomorrow is when it's supposed to hit us. My parents were supposed to go to Hilton Head tomorrow for a week but that's obviously not going to happen lol.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:16 pm

ooc-This might be an odd question, have you ever been to Londontown?

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:59 pm

OOC-yes, once when I was in college. Am hoping to go again next year.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:16 pm

ooc-Ah, then not to try and sound creepy, perhaps I do know what you look like. Wink

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:21 pm

OOC-lol can I ask how?

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:22 pm

I think I got a glimpse of a facebook page at some point. One that is no longer available.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:23 pm

Deshane gave her a level look to her question and tone and all thoughts of himself being attended by a rather lovely woman left him. “More than you’re worth if you’re sewing is any indication of the rest of your skills he said then his eyes got larger when she seemed to ‘jab’ the needle in this last time. “Did you ever consider that maybe some of those men were desperate? Possibly having families themselves? It doesn’t make what they do any less evil or heartless but you are still alive while they are not...now,” he said but at the end he began to feel woozy and she might notice that his color had paled.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:36 pm

OOC-well I did have a facebook page at one point, but got off it.

IC-Deshane would see that what he had said clearly effected her. A look of deep hurt filled her eyes when he mentioned her 'worth'. She said nothing as feelings of pain and anger swept through her. She suddenly saw his face pale. She sighed and helped him to sit down. She got him some water and handed it to him.

"Well...I'm sure you will get more than I am 'worth'."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:43 pm

“Take my bedroll...and get some sleep,” he said as he nodded toward his horse. A large, rolled bedroll was on the back of his saddle. “There’s food and cider in the saddle bags,” he added as he found a spot under the tree to actually sit down. He drew out his sword then laid it across his lap when he sat. She’d notice his knuckles go white when he gripped the tree branch on his way down. He’d not likely be getting back up for some time but he took in a cleansing breath and swallowed down the nausea that going into shock had brought. He had felt it before and this hadn’t been as bad as that but was still unpleasant.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:00 pm

"I don't need to be ordered around by you," Calene replied sharply. "I may be nothing more than a bag of gold to you, but I'll have you know that I am capable of making my own decisions. I have a brain...and a heart mind you. AND those may not have been my best stitches, but I have never sewed up human flesh before and I did the best I could. I am a beautiful seamstress!"

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:27 pm

Deshane couldn’t help the feeling of lightheadedness. He felt as if any moment he was going to lose consciousness. He had just lost too much blood and he doubted he could keep any food down to keep his body going. He wanted to argue with her. No, he wanted to slap her but before he could get a word in in riposte he fell backward unconscious.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:30 pm

Calene was still upset and angry, but she rushed over to him and laid him down. She then grabbed a rag and poured some water on it and sat next to him and lightly dabbed his forehead with the cool cloth.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:07 pm

Deshane wasn’t certain how long he had been out nor what was really happening. He felt weak and giddy and the last thought he had was of Calene and how much he had wanted to kiss her. He felt there was more to this dream but hadn’t realized that as she hovered close to his face he pulled her face down to his and kissed her quite thoroughly on her soft, full lips. He hadn’t had alot of strength so when she pulled back he’d not be able to stop her. He smiled though his eyes were still closed and he looked quite pleased with what had just happened.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:17 pm

Calene was trying to get Deshane to awaken. She continued to dab the cool cloth against his forehead, hoping it would help. She suddenly saw him stir and was more than a little surprised when his eyes suddenly opened and he pulled her down and kissed her quite deeply. She had never been kissed like this before and was shocked, firstly by the kiss itself, but also at the fact that it was him who was kissing her. She quickly pulled back...still feeling upset and angry over what he had said earlier. She just sat back and didn't say anything, nor did she look at him.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:41 pm

It was a couple hours before he finally stirred. He hadn’t remembered the kiss but upon waking he had smiled though briefly. He sat up but winced then used his arm to slowly rise up to lean up against the nearby tree. “How long?” He asked in a dry, raspy voice. He feared he had slept to long and felt for his sword that was no longer on his lap. He closed his eyes once more as a wave of nausea passed through him. “Where’s my sword...girl,” he said in a very annoyed and condescending voice.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:56 pm

Calene had taken his sword and had laid it beside where she sat. She didn't rest. His words still rang in her head and she began to wonder if all men saw her as nothing more than a possession...and not an actual person. To Deshane she wasn't even a possession...she was a nuisance he had to bear to earn his bag of gold...and she wasn't even worth what he was going to receive. The thought made her sick to her stomach. She had been through hell the past few days and bore the scars to prove it and he didn't even care...in fact he probably could have cared less. She wanted to cry, but she wouldn't...not in front of him. She wouldn't give him another reason to think her a child instead of a woman who deserved respect.

She looked absolutely exhausted and she practically threw his sword at him. "I was keeping it safe for you...not that you probably care." She then gave him what food she could find in his pack and the last of the fresh water.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:49 am

It didn’t take long for Deshane to collect himself. He had slept some and even those few hours had made all the difference. Once the haze of sleep left him and he ate and drank what there was he was up onto his feet. His cut felt like it was on fire which meant to him it was likely infected. He had a salve and bandages in his saddle bags. As he moved he could feel her eyes upon his back. By her tone she was hurt and angry. As he fished out what he needed he began to remember what had transpired in the last day. The rescue, the fighting, what he said to her and what she said to him. She was young but the daughter of a King. hardly deserving of his ire toward her father. That and those men had kidnapped and abused her. He honestly hadn’t minded killing them but he normally didn’t kill unless it was absolutely necessary. Being upset with what you couldn’t change was wasted energy he decided and suddenly he felt...remorseful as how he had been treating her.

“Calene...I need your help,” he asked though it took real effort to moderate his tone. He had smoothed on the salve, it cooled the wound almost on contact but he needed to dress it properly and he couldn’t reach around himself without risking breaking open the stitches.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:25 am

Calene hadn't slept at all and it showed. In fact, she really hadn't slept since being kidnapped. Despite having been rescued, or whatever Deshane was doing, she was still extremely anxious. Every time she closed her eyes her heart rate increased and she could almost feel the burlap bag being put over her head again. While she had told Deshane she had been keeping his sword safe for him, in fact she had been scared and had clutched it all night, thinking that someone may come to take her again.

When Deshane told her he needed her help she glanced over at him slightly. She knew what he needed help with and audibly sighed. She grabbed some bandages and walked over to him.

"Are you sure you wanting me doing this? I probably won't do it right...I mean after my failure with your stitches," she said in an irritated, sarcastic tone. Even so she began to bandage him up. As she worked he would be able to visibly see the wounds on her wrists from the ropes. They were deep and clearly would leave some sort of scar. He might also see hints of bruises on her body from where she had been beaten.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:50 am

He didn't look at her as she helped him but he sighed knowing he had erred in how he had treated and talked to her. Hardly the respect she was due, regardless of his feelings toward her father. He was making her pay for something she hadn’t done and a stab of guilt creeped down into his spine at that. He saw her wrists and realized that she had a slight limp when she walked. She also sat very gingerly and her eyes darted as if she was still afraid. As she began to carefully wrap him up the disgruntlement in her voice was plain. He caught her hand in his just as her arm was half wrapped around him. Their faces were quite close and his eyes had softened toward her a great deal.

“I’m...sorry, Calene for how I’ve been treating you. You do not deserve my words. It is not you that I am angry with. You have a courageous heart even if you do not see it yourself. I have an ointment for your wrists...and...uh, other places where you are in pain,” he told her softly. At the end his eyes shifted toward hers. “It will prevent scarring, if the princess will allow me,” He added and did something he swore he would never do. He tilted his head to her in a slight bow. The action actually brought his face down much closer to hers than it already was but he kept his eyes closed for the moment that it lasted. Unconsciously he took in her scent right then and those same, impure thoughts drifted briefly into his mind again before he shrugged them away.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:57 am

Calene was quite surprised when he suddenly caught her hand and stopped her from continuing. With her arm half wrapped around him and their faces quite close it was an extremely intimate position. She was surprised to suddenly feel those same strange feelings she had felt the day before when she had first met him. Her heartbeat quickened slightly. She glanced down at her wrists when he mentioned the ointment, but as she looked up she found his face even close to her own. Her mouth was already dry, but it felt even drier as remembered the kiss he had given her the night before. She finally had to force herself to speak.

"I...I suppose that would be alright..."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:23 am

It was actually nice to sit and rub the soothing ointment on Calene. It also gave them a moment to talk more civilly then they had prior to this. He worked on her right ankle and already the ointment on her wrists began to do its work on them. “So your family...they, left you behind to sit at court?” he asked in a softer voice. He wasn’t exactly certain about that and It was likely the men he left alive were looking for them. Most likely some were of relation to others and sometimes men could be prickly about seeing a brother or Uncle...or father, die. “They must have a great deal of faith in you Calene to entrust Gondor to you,” he said as he gently rubbed the ointment into her ankle. He held her foot on the palm of his right hand that he supported by his thigh and rubbed in the medicine with the fingers of his left hand.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:52 am

Calene allowed Deshane to touch her and rub in the ointment. The ointment felt good against her skin and actually stopped some of the burning. She glanced at him slightly as he spoke and was surprised by his sudden change in tone. It was much softer and he almost seemed to care about her.

"My parents had to travel to Gehenna to see my grandmother who was injured by a wolf. My older brother was gone with his wife and so they left me in charge."

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:25 am

His hands and fingers were surprisingly gentle for all their calluses and the thickness of his fingers. He found the act of rubbing upon her hurts to be both to himself soothing and pleasant. He caught a few soft sighs of relief and as he finished the first ankle she brought up the second as if she didn’t want him to stop touching her. He took it though as if the ointment had been a real relief though. He took some onto his fingers, then slathered it on then also kneaded the bottom of her heel with his palm as he continued.

“And that...troubles you?” he asked. Her expression she held on her face when she mentioned they had left her in charge seemed more like she felt they had just left her behind more than anything else. “From what Holton had told me of you,. He seemed...rather impressed by you. And that is not something to take idly. He is not an easy man to please I think. He felt real fear and worry over you Princess. That also was something that is rare for him. “He…” And then his voice cut off abruptly as he tilted his head as if listening to something. In one quick motion he let go of her ankle, recapped the ointment then sat up. He made a shushing gesture as he hunched down and then even she heard the snap of a twig that couldn’t have been more than 30 feet away. Silently he gestured for her to come with him and as she did he grabbed hold of her then took her down into the brush with him and covered them up with his cloak. She felt him jostle around with his arm, readjusting the ferns and his cloak that she now noticed seemed a drab, green/gray color from the outside.

His horse whinnied in pain suddenly then fell. From her vantage point an arrow had struck it in the neck and it only took a few seconds for it to die. Even as it stopped moving two men, one she recognized came into view. He bent down and to her horror he picked up one of her slippers she had taken off for Deshane to rub on the ointment. Their position on the ground was that he was mostly on top of her and he had put his hand over her mouth where the rest of his arm was across her breasts. She felt his heart beating thunder down upon her, fear and outrage at the loss of his horse like that. She heard him silently utter a small prayer for his animal and then a curse for the man who killed it.

“She’s somewhere close...I can feel it Sam...Her and that...that man are going to pay for killin me father!” The other man replied angrily. They took off into the trees and after a few moments she could no longer hear them.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:46 am

Calene sighed a little at his question. It had upset her some. She had wanted to go with the rest of her family, but had been forced to remain behind. She had felt some anger towards her parents because of that, but hearing the compliments from Holton made her blush a little. She was about to say something when she suddenly heard something. It appeared that Deshane did as well because he motioned for her to remain quiet. She went with him and said nothing as he pulled her down into a bush with him. She felt him put the cloak over them and she moved even closer to Deshane as she heard the voices. He would feel her trembling against him as she held her breath and prayed that the men wouldn't find them. As the men left Deshane would see tears of fear in her eyes.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:58 am

ooc-nea thread

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content