The 4th Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Special Birthday

2 posters

Go down

A Special Birthday  Empty A Special Birthday

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:05 am

Aviana had never been so tired or so happy in her entire life. Aslan was growing so quickly she could hardly believe he was the same tiny baby she had held in her arms only a few months before. She loved him more than she had ever thought possible, despite the fact that she had gotten very little sleep since his birth. Cole helped out when he could, but there were somethings that only she could do. They had moved from Beren and Ithilwen’s house to their own home in the village and Aviana was enjoying getting the home set up just the way she wanted. She had had a large, comfortable leather chair made for Cole and was planning to surprise him tonight for his birthday with it. She had also had a special tobacco shipped from the Shire for him to smoke in the evenings.

While he was out finishing up a few things that afternoon in the village, she was back at the home preparing dinner for that night. She had gotten a hold of some wild boar and was roasting it along with some potatoes and vegetables. She had a brought up a good wine from the cellar to have with it and was putting the finishing touches on the cake she had made for him. The top was beautifully decorated with fresh, plump berries and the frosting was just sweet enough. Aslan, who was in his bassinet began to fuss a little so she wiped her hands on her apron before walking over and picking him up. She smiled and began to sing to him, which always seemed to calm him down.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

A Special Birthday  Empty Re: A Special Birthday

Post by Conleth Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:16 am

Cole spilled the feed out into the trough and the sheep bleated hungrily as they jockeyed around to get at it. As he stood back out of their way and set the pail down he smiled. The work was hard but he had made real contributions as to how they raised much of their livestock, these villagers had done it almost right but he had taught them how his own people managed with the frigid temperatures and limited grazing areas. That and getting them birthing at the same times and at the right times of the year. Just in these months he no longer felt like an outsider. The generosity of Gehenna and its people had amazed him and he had grown to love Aviana completely. Her and Aslan were his family though when her Uncle and Grandparents came, they also made him feel as if he had been apart of the family all along. He sometimes thought about his mother and father but he was happy here and couldn’t imagine a different life now that this new one was going so well. He left them to it and headed home.

Goodall waved to him and he waved back as he rounded the bend then headed along the cobbled street. He was anxious to get home, Aviana said she had a surprise for him and considering how little time they had had lately to themselves, he hoped it had something to do with that. His loins ached for her but Aslan did not sleep well and as a result their bed had been used primarily for sleep with little time for anything else. He kicked out his boots but nothing was on them so he just wore them inside. Aviana hated it when he muddied up the floors so he had learned already to take off his boots if they were dirty.

The smell of boar and cake hit him immediately and he smiled as he entered the kitchen. Her back was to him, she was doing something to the cake as he came up behind her and wrapped her up in his arms. He managed to cop a feel of her right breast in the process but she only giggled and slapped his hands away in mock protest. Those had been for the baby...almost exclusively but he still liked to touch her breasts when she’d allow it.

“Is that for me?” He said sounding surprised. It was his birthday he knew and wondered how they did things to celebrate such.

Conleth
Admin

https://adsr.4umer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:33 am

Aviana put Aslan back down once he was calmed and turned her attention back to the cake. Glancing at the time, she knew that Cole would be home any time now. It had taken her a few weeks to get used to calling him that instead of Brandt, but she now felt good saying it. They were home here and everyone had made them feel welcomed almost from the first day. There was still hardly a day that went by that someone did not stop by to see the baby and bring her a pie or a bottle of wine. She couldn’t drink much because she was nursing, but she could have a small glass every once and awhile.

She smiled when she heard the front door open and the unmistakable sound of Cole’s heavy bootsteps on the hardwood floors. They had better be clean, she thought to herself with a little smile. She was just putting the final berry on the cake, a big, beautiful strawberry that she had saved for the very center, when Cole came up behind her. She felt his strong arms slide around her, but then she felt his left hand come up to playfully grab her right breast. She laughed and swatted his hands away. The two of them hadn’t been intimate in quite some time. Between getting the new house set up and Aslan, Aviana was exhausted almost continuously. However, lately she had been feeling desires start to bubble back up inside of her. She hoped that tonight they would be able to break their fast and give in to their desires once again.

“Of course it’s for you,” Aviana replied with a smile. “As is the wild boar that I’m about to take out of the oven,” she added with a grin as she walked over to pull it out. The aromas that filled the kitchen made even her mouth water. She was quite proud of herself. “Why don’t you get washed up and I will pour you a big glass of wine.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:07 am

The smells in the room made him nearly drool as did the thought of having at her tonight. But he didn’t put alot of stock in that, Aslan was not often cooperative in that regard. He doubted tonight would be any different. “It all looks incredible my love,” he said as he nodded to her request then left to go upstairs and clean up. There was fresh water in the wash basin and the lemon soap he liked. He scrubbed his hands and rinsed and washed his face with a hand cloth. Still hovered over the basin he dried off using a hand towel then set the towel neatly back onto its hook just above the basin. Cole stepped into their room, he took off his shirt and replaced it with a clean one she had laid out for him. They had no mirror but he made sure the ties were tied and he rolled up his sleeves as he came back down the stairs. Back in the kitchen he moved over to give Aslan a hug. His boy was getting bigger it seemed everyday and he smiled as he pounded his little wooden horse carving his great grandfather had carved for him onto his high chair table. Cole kissed his cheek then came up to help Aviana finish setting the table.

“You know I don’t like you to fuss so much Aviana but I am thankful for all you’ve done for me, though I am not deserving,” he said as he laid out the plates. He noticed their were only 2, so she did appear to have hopes for an ‘early’ evening. He could not help but to smile at that. They often had visitors for dinner. He began on the wine cork as she brought the tray of meat and vegetables over to the table. “That looks...delicious!” he said in obvious anticipation. The steam that rose off the meat, it would be torture to hold back to have cake. He did love his meat. “You sit...I’ll serve,” he said as he gestured and set a half glass of wine near her plate.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:17 am

While Cole was getting washed up and changed, she put Aslan into his chair and made sure he had his carved horse toy that her grandfather had made for him. He loved it and when he wasn’t banging it in delight he was usually sucking on it. She was about to start carving the roast when Cole came down. She smiled at how handsome he looked.

“Of course you are deserving,” she replied without hesitation. “You work very hard and have sacrificed much. You are more deserving of such a feast than anyone I know.”

She carved some of the roast and put it, along with some potatoes and vegetables, onto a serving platter. She carefully set the platter down in the middle of the table and was about to serve some to Cole when he told her to sit down and that he would serve. She started to protest, but he insisted and so she took her seat.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:28 am

He set a few slices of meat, a few potatoes and vegetables on her plate and then gave her a kiss for spice before he set up his plate. He sat down next to her and, as she always did, she brushed his hair back from his face. He kissed her hand as she did so and then set to the fine meal with a will. He was often hungry at dinnertime. He worked hard, he knew no other way, nor did Aviana’s grandfather Conleth. He grew to respect the man in such a short time, most people did if they got to know him. “I hear the wolves have been worse this year so far. They seem to be getting bolder, some had come within bowshot of the gates,” he said between mouthfuls as he looked at Aslan. “If you go out, make sure to take your bow,” he said as he turned back toward her. He wasn’t really concerned, He had seen her with a bow and under pressure. “I think maybe taking a little time to hone your skills is something to consider. Shooting is a skill that requires constant repetition yes?” He said thinking that was right. No one had been hurt yet but he knew her grandmother went out with a group to hunt and track and sometimes they killed wolves, though not often. Wolves were usually smart and stayed clear of men. The sightings at the gates were troubling though.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:39 am

Aviana accepted the plate and smiled and returned Cole’s kiss. She waited until he had prepared his plate before they began to eat. She ate much slower than he did and not nearly as much. She was quite proud of how the roast had turned out. It was juicy and full of flavor. She had been learning how to cook from her grandmother and aunt and had taken to it quite quickly. She took a few small sips of her wine, but didn’t want to overdo it since she knew Aslan would be hungry soon. The boy had an appetite like his father! As Cole mentioned the wolves she nodded and put down her glass.

“I was thinking the same thing actually,” she replied. “Grandmother has offered to help me. She seems worried about the wolves too. She says they have never come that close to the gates before. I think she’s been increasing the watch. She thinks that because this winter was so bad that that’s why they’re becoming bolder. A lot of their food sources didn’t survive the winter.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:55 am

Cole nodded slowly in agreement. “Even more reason to make the time I think. I’ve had the dream again,” he said in between bites. Aviana believed that, like his mother, he had a way with foretelling the future but his dreams were always shrouded in shadows. He had relayed the newest one, where several people, he thought they were women by their shapes, were attacked by large beasts. He had had two such foretellings before and both had come true. There was little that could be done to change them, from what his mother had always told him and so she had learned to let them happen as they would. Even when they would be unpleasant to her and her family. She had learned to resolve the shadows but he had not and this last one troubled him greatly because he could never make out faces in them. He decided to change the subject.

“Today the messengers have come, is there any new news from Gondor or Rohan? You always make me ask...I think you like keeping my in the dark. I’ll beg if I have to,” he said as a large grin came over his mouth.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:05 pm

Aviana took a small bite of food, but then looked up at Cole when he told her he had had the dream again. She knew what he spoke of, but since the dream was never clear it was impossible to tell what it was or when it might happen. She didn’t know what to say to comfort him about it. Whatever was destined to happen would and there was little anyone would be able to do about it.

She was glad when he decided to change the subject to something lighter. She smiled when he asked if there was any word from Gondor or Rohan.

“Well, actually my cousin Theodred is getting married. They are apparently keeping this news just within the family for now since he’s marrying the daughter of a blacksmith, but they hope that they will be married before next spring.”

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:53 pm

Cole nodded though he knew little of her Rohan clan. His people were always at odds with Rohan. And his own father had done despicable things to those who lived outside the city. He never approved of such things but it didn’t change that his people had done them. Not so much now, the peace and trade held for now.

“I’d like to have more children Aviana, at least 2 more. Hopefully one of those is a girl, as beautiful as you are,” he blurted out. His thoughts were definitely all over the map tonight and he grinned as she nearly choked on her food. “I realize I may not have been someone who you would have chosen for a husband but I do enjoy watching you mother over Aslan,” And just then he began to fuss. It was close to one of his feedings and so Cole plucked him from his seat and handed him over to Aviana. He watched as she lowered her dress to give suck to him. She had done it so many times now, she didn’t miss a beat and the meal continued.

“Yes, definitely 2 more...maybe 3,” he added thinking that two could play together a time.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:02 pm

Aviana had just taken a bite of potato when Cole suddenly blurted out that he wanted to have at least two more children. She had not been expecting him to say this and coughed a little as some potato got stuck in her throat. Of course she wanted to have more children, but with Aslan still nursing off of her she wasn’t sure she wanted another one quite so soon.

Aslan, right on cue, began to fuss because he was hungry and Cole picked him up and handed him over to her. She untied the top of her dress to expose her right breast and adjusted Aslan in her arms as he began to suckle. When she had just had Aslan, she had been so embarrassed to nurse...even in front of Cole, but now she was so used to it that she continued to eat as she fed him.

“I certainly want to have more children too Cole, but perhaps we can wait until this one at least is eating solid food and sleeping through the night,” she said with a smile.

Sometime later, after the dishes were cleared, Aviana and Cole retired to the living room. Aslan was fast asleep and so she and Cole could have a few moments together. She smiled at him before pulling out a small box from under a chair and handing it to him.

“Happy Birthday.”

OOC-She’s giving him the tobacco first and then will surprise him with the chair

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:11 pm

Cole accepted the surprise gift graciously, almost embarrassed by it he opened it slowly, shifting his eyes to her once in awhile as he removed the small pouch. He could smell the Tobacco inside right away and gasped. This...this is...this is Longbottom, isn’t it?” he asked. He had learned alot about tobacco from his own father and Conleth who usually could afford the best the world had to offer. He grinned from ear to ear as he closed it back up. “Thank you my love, I will have some tonight,” he said as he shifted to allow her to sit on his lap. He loved a good smoke before bed. Which made him think of them in their bed. “Is Aslan asleep?” he asked softly then looked up at her with his blue eyes filled with his desire for her. However they both knew that the stairs would creak if they tried to go upstairs.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:28 pm

Aviana smiled as she watched her husband slowly open the gift. She knew that he did not really like to receive gifts, but she enjoyed giving them to him. She couldn’t wait to show him the soft leather chair she had had made just for him. She smiled at his reaction and allowed him to gently pull her into his lap. She wanted to give him his other gift now, but she could feel the desire between them growing. She glanced over at Aslan, who was still sound asleep.

“Yes,” she whispered as she looked back into Cole’s eyes.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:39 pm

A considerable amount of time later he buckled his belt back on which was not easy to do while sitting. He smiled quite satisfied as she adjusted her undergarments. The chair had creaked a little but they had managed it and he rather enjoyed going slow. She seemed to enjoy it as well as she straddled him. “I wish it were my birthday every day,” Cole quipped. They had been gentle with one another to not wake Aslan and yet he felt her heart pound away against him. “You really do love me, don’t you?” he asked. He never could believe it though sometimes he did like now though he so loved to hear her affirm it. “He certainly loved her, he worked hard for her and Aslan and would continue to do so so that she and his children had a comfortable life. As she settled back down upon him, they were both all smiles now, he buried his face in her bosom as they shared a quiet moment...well, until Aslan woke up that is.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:05 pm

Aviana had been quite surprised at Cole’s…restraint. He could be quite...aggressive when they had gone only a week without being together. But several months had passed, the longest they had ever gone, and yet he had been incredibly gentle and loving. She knew it was probably because Aslan was there and he hadn’t wanted to wake him, but she was glad for whatever reason it was because it had been so incredibly intimate. She looked down at him and into his eyes when he commented that she must really love him.

“Of course I do,” she replied before kissing him gently. “Don’t you ever doubt that.”

Sometime later, after Aslan was asleep again Aviana smiled at Cole. “Your birthday isn’t over yet. I have one more gift for you.” She had him follow her to one of the rooms on the main floor that was used for extra storage. When he walked in he would see something rather large covered by a white sheet.

“Well go on,” she encouraged him with an excited grin.

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:37 pm

Almost bashfully he did as she requested and slid off the white sheet to reveal a large, leather chair. It had thick, arms and padding in the bottom and back. He had never seen anything like it save for what Lord Conleth had. He reached out and touched the cool, soft leather. “It’s...it’s wonderful Aviana...I don’t know how you managed this but...but thank you,” he said as he shifted to kiss her. He had to try it out right then and there. The leather made a sound when he slid down into it. It was well padded and very comfortable. He smiled feeling like the wealthiest man in the world right then. He had never received a gift like this. It was altogether grand and he pulled her down onto him and she noticed that his eyes had begun to water slightly as if her gift had really touched him.

“You are the best thing that ever happened to me. I will honor you Aviana...to my last breath,” he said proudly.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:44 pm

Aviana watched with bated breath as Cole pulled off the sheet. She nearly giggled with excitement at his reaction. It had been just as she had pictured. Cole never did anything special for himself and she had wanted him to feel special and loved. She had seen him admiring her grandfather's chair and had used the same furniture maker. She had made sure it was oversized and very comfortable. She could easily imagine him plopping down in it after a hard day's work.

She grinned as he pulled her down into his lap. She smiled and kissed him deeply.

"Happy Birthday."

OOC- new thread?

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:45 pm

ooc: yep! I kinda like you setting things up and having me respond to it all. I see the allure, lol.

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:48 pm

OOC- well I'm about to leave to go get my allergy shots so you will probably need to set up the next one

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:52 pm

ooc: aw dang, ok! What did we want to do with narisa?

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XslvrstarX Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:55 pm

OOC- could do something with her and Eagan. But remember she's still technically with Thane

XslvrstarX
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Conleth Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:53 pm

ooc: new thread

Conleth
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content